"Normal" MFP users (no extreme LCHF, HCLF, etc) with open journals for sustainable weight loss?

Options

Replies

• red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've been loosing . It's open
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends so feel free to add me. I like food too much to not eat 3 decent meals a day and have variety!! Definitely not a 1200 a day calorie diary here as I love my boyfriend too much to be that moody :p;)

I'm just restarting my journey after a couple of months looking for my wagon, but I'm back on it now. Always looking for new friends too.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not using my food diary anymore, but here is some lovely spam :p One whole month of "normal" meals, my maintenance level so around 1750-1800 calories - My meals (w/pics)
  • Lau_uk
    Lau_uk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, happy to have new friends. I am towards the top end of a healthy BMI and aiming for about 10-15lb loss.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Mines open but I'm vegan so don't know if that's what you mean by normal...

I don't mind vegan. I just meant no extremes in terms of macros. Keto or very low fat. just trying to find people finding success utilizing all macronutrients in moderation.

why not low fat? some of us have to be on special diets
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awww thank you. :) I never judge other people's intakes. Some people thrive with keto, low fat, etc. I just know I want to practice moderation and by getting a good gauge on others who have success, be it a lot or a little, it helps me learn what sustainable weight loss looks like on paper.
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I could really use some inspiration from people with honest open journals to see what intake looks like for most people, most days of the week who are consistently losing or have lost weight and kept it off.

I know what foods are healthy and what calories are in things, just want to see the various intakes whether or not you're on low calories or higher, active or not. Thanks.

My diary is not open because I don't want other people's feedback on it at all, but I must say I like your attitude.
  • charlenekapf
    Options

I don't mind vegan. I just meant no extremes in terms of macros. Keto or very low fat. just trying to find people finding success utilizing all macronutrients in moderation.

Clearly, the OP isn't one of those people that needs to be and doesn't wish to be one of the people doing it just because they (foolishly) believe it is the only way to achieve their goals.

All of this. I am not trying to insult people who use such methods to lose weight..I just personally take better to all things in moderation.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Clearly, the OP isn't one of those people that needs to be and doesn't wish to be one of the people doing it just because they (foolishly) believe it is the only way to achieve their goals.

All of this. I am not trying to insult people who use such methods to lose weight..I just personally take better to all things in moderation.

I didnt say you were trying to insult people lol I was just saying that some people have to eat low fat,and in my opinion that is all things in moderation,you are moderating your fat intake :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Awww thank you. :) I never judge other people's intakes. Some people thrive with keto, low fat, etc. I just know I want to practice moderation and by getting a good gauge on others who have success, be it a lot or a little, it helps me learn what sustainable weight loss looks like on paper.
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I could really use some inspiration from people with honest open journals to see what intake looks like for most people, most days of the week who are consistently losing or have lost weight and kept it off.

I know what foods are healthy and what calories are in things, just want to see the various intakes whether or not you're on low calories or higher, active or not. Thanks.

My diary is not open because I don't want other people's feedback on it at all, but I must say I like your attitude.

If it helps you much I've done all sorts of "diets" but just eating the foods I love and learning to pick and choose when to eat certain things has been pretty freeing.

I no longer feel like I'm on a "diet" so there's nothing to fall off of or mess up. This is how I have to eat the rest of my life so why not learn to eat the things I love in moderation.

• jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I have lost 40 lbs in 5 months.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mine is open. 1250 calories per day has me consistently losing 2lbs per week. I eat normal food and dine out quite a bit, including fast food. I am to make my diet as maintainable as possible, with basic effort and planning. So far so good. I am down 30 of the 100 lbs I need to lose.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends. I have my FitBit synced so I don't log exercise, but I'm quite active and currently eating 2000-2300 calories/day to lose 1 pound/week.
  • charlenekapf
    Options
    Sure. But fat can also be very beneficial for hormones and satiety. I personally feel awful on very low fat diets and very low carb diets. With very low fat, I'm never quite "full" and my skin and hair get very dry and with low carb I get heart palpitations, anxiety and insomnia. So I do best with a moderation approach.

I didnt say you were trying to insult people lol I was just saying that some people have to eat low fat,and in my opinion that is all things in moderation,you are moderating your fat intake :)

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. I'm a vegetarian/almost vegan and eat mostly healthy food because I'm trying to lower my cholesterol (and succeeding), but I also eat out in restaurants. I've lost 32 pounds in 4 months, have 5-10 pounds left to lose, and am over 50 years old. I don't eat all my exercise calories back, only if I'm hungry.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Sure. But fat can also be very beneficial for hormones and satiety. I personally feel awful on very low fat diets and very low carb diets. With very low fat, I'm never quite "full" and my skin and hair get very dry and with low carb I get heart palpitations, anxiety and insomnia. So I do best with a moderation approach.

I cant have high fat, I have to be on a low fat diet due to health issues(my liver cannot metabolize cholesterol and fat,like most people can.I cant do the low carb. I love my carbs lol but whatever works for you works.I wish I could eat more fatty foods but I have to watch the saturated fat and keep healthy fats down to a minimum.Thats why I asked.
  • charlenekapf
    Options
    Totally understand. It is great you found something that works for you. Everyone is different but at the end of the day, a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. How one achieves the deficit is where people differ. I love carbs too :)

I cant have high fat, I have to be on a low fat diet due to health issues(my liver cannot metabolize cholesterol and fat,like most people can.I cant do the low carb. I love my carbs lol but whatever works for you works.I wish I could eat more fatty foods but I have to watch the saturated fat and keep healthy fats down to a minimum.Thats why I asked.