TIRED OF BEING HUNGRY!

Options
I am so tired of being hungry ALL THE TIME!

What are some good filling foods low in fat? Or good snacks? ANYTHING that will help curb my appetite.

Replies

• datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Almonds work for me.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    hemp protein with fiber before bedtime.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Whole grain breads, almonds, apples, long grain brown rice, beans, etc....
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    under 100 cal granola bars ... they're high in sugar, though.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    eat more fiber. it helps you feel full longer.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Usually anything that is rich in protein will keep you feeling full for longer.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    They key is to make sure you're eating enough calories at each meal to fill you up, then eating every few hours. I like to use Shakeology along with some Clif or P90X bars to help curb hunger. Throw in some salad and lean protein along with some carbs (sweet potatoes are my favorite) and I do just fine. :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am so tired of being hungry ALL THE TIME!

What are some good filling foods low in fat? Or good snacks? ANYTHING that will help curb my appetite.

We'd be able to offer you much better advice if we could view your diary.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    apples are great snacks and seem to keep me full to the next meal.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Veggies! You can eat bucket loads for almost no calories, no fat, and no sodium. Plus they are full of nutrients.

Pairing veggies with lean protein will definitely keep you feeling fuller longer

Hope that helps. :)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Nothing works for me.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hard to give specific advice without access to your food diary but here are a couple general rules:

Eat more protein, especially in the morning - it will keep you full longer. And try eating more fresh fruits and veggies and the fiber should help keep you full as well. And try breaking up your meals. Instead of three big meals, eat 5-6 small meals througout the day.
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    brocolli is very low in fat and calories. so is lettuce, carrots. Try looking at the veggies.
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    arnold thin sandwich bread 100 cals
    1 slice oscar white turkey 30 cals
    laughing cow swiss cheese spread 35 cals

that is 165 calories and when I eat it for breakfast or lunch I don't even THINK about food.
    no kidding!

ALSO:
    lite kettle popcorn from trader joes - 100 cals
    cheese stick - 80 cals
    water - 0 cals
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found too is to pay attention when I eat. I don't just mechanically fork it in anymore. Take the time to chew, savor, taste, etc. There's a reason people spend so much time making food taste good - it's meant to be a pleasurable experience. If I slow down and enjoy it, it seems to fill me up for longer.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    space out your meals so you eat every couple of hours. eventually you will either just not be hungry anymore or get used to that feeling til it is snack time. drink extra water to tide you over. I get hungry but it is right at my next meal time so i am good.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! It's light and fluffy, but still filling for me, and it's usually really low in calories for tha amount of food you get
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water - your body may just need hydration! I've also found that high-fiber foods and protein are best! Some examples:

Chobani yogurt - 14g protein
    Almonds
    Kashi Go Lean Cereal - I eat this every morning for breakfast!
    Veggies - healthy and fiberous! You can make a nice dip with plain chobani yogurt and a seasoning of your choice!
    Lean meats - I just ate deli sliced roasted chicken w/my salad - very lean!

Check out some diary's of some of those who post them - this will give you some meal ideas as well! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    If you let us see your diary, we can much better help you. But the bottom line is that if you are hungry all the time, you are not eating enough, and eventually this will kill your weight loss.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Get some (more) protein in every meal encounter...