Apple Watch users

Options

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Did everyone see this? My trots on the treadmill take me to about 2.5 miles generally I think but I'm gonna freestyle this and see how fast I can get to a 5k on Thursday. Never done it before, I don't have guests till the evening, shouldn't take too long, right?

wro9RZa.jpg

• gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have my watch for a cooperation of weeks. I had to exchange it because the first one was defective.

Why does it keep showing me a quick start? I want to choose other. Also, it keeps asking for my calorie goal when I start. How do I know that? Isn't that why I'm in the workout app?
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Did everyone see this? My trots on the treadmill take me to about 2.5 miles generally I think but I'm gonna freestyle this and see how fast I can get to a 5k on Thursday. Never done it before, I don't have guests till the evening, shouldn't take too long, right?

wro9RZa.jpg

Can I earn this by steps too?
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    It reads to me like you have to complete a "workout."
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    gojaqs wrote: »
    I have my watch for a cooperation of weeks. I had to exchange it because the first one was defective.

Why does it keep showing me a quick start? I want to choose other. Also, it keeps asking for my calorie goal when I start. How do I know that? Isn't that why I'm in the workout app?

I'm a little confused about your problem, but it sounds like you either need to do some basic setup in the phone app first or you are just overwhelmed by the options. Scroll down the workouts screen to find the kind of workout you want, quick start just appears at the top but the others are still there. Swipe left and right in the "other" workout to decide what you want to track by - calorie goal, time, or nothing just open and go till you decide you're done.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    It reads to me like you have to complete a "workout."

Bumper. Because I move that much during the day.
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Hey @MelanieCN77 - where did you find this? I don't usually track my walks as "walks" because of how little exercise time it gives me. I do about 4.5 km in an hour, but I'm lucky if it gives me 10-15 min. of exercise in the watch. If I want to join in that challenge, I'll have to track as a walk or it won't calculate my distance. Ah the dilemma! lol

I'm also hoping it's not just for Americans - I'm in Ontario, Canada.
  • jwebb949
    jwebb949 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jakes2011 wrote: »
    I'm also hoping it's not just for Americans - I'm in Ontario, Canada.

I agree where was the achievement for us Canadians eh?
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    It was a notification on my Watch just after midnight Monday I think? In my Activity app it is there at the top of the Achievements page waiting to be fulfilled.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Sorry this is huge.

rDIKc3M.png
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It was a notification on my Watch just after midnight Monday I think? In my Activity app it is there at the top of the Achievements page waiting to be fulfilled.

Looks like it's only for Americans ... like @jwebb949 said ... "where was the achievement for us Canadians eh?" (Obviously I'm not really complaining, just whining a little - I'd like the extra motivation!)
  • MelanieCN77
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Joke's on them, I'm British (but yes in America).
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone located? I find the variation in time zones fun - some of you guys have slayed your whole day before I've had a proper lunch and thought about my workout at all. I'm US west coast, So Cal.

I'm in Nebraska. I have been watching others getting a good part of their goals done so early in my day. It does help motivate me some days to see so many doing so well first thing in the morning. Other days I think I'm too tired to keep up,LOL!

This Thanksgiving I hope to just get through the day. I may get 5K done with walking throughout the day but not going to be somewhere I have any sort of exercise equipment.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Gotcha!
    BRWB8y8.jpg
  • brileylmt
    Options
    For people that can't have everyone on the list, please download the activity.club app. We can still compete together.

Once you hit a specific number of people on your apple watch sharing, you can't add anymore. You can always download for free the 'activity app' and add more. It's another great way to support each other. Some of us from this group are already on it.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    Is it the one I shown you Beverly?
  • brileylmt
    Options

Yes. It's the one that we are are on. I'm still learning how to navigate around on it. But I think it's a great way to give each other support and challenge each other
  • Misspinklift
    Options

Yes. It's the one that we are are on. I'm still learning how to navigate around on it. But I think it's a great way to give each other support and challenge each other

It is!
  • arclemmons
    arclemmons Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just got my watch, feel free to add me:
    [edited by mods]
    ~April
  • chez1230
    chez1230 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Help just downloaded that new activity app and have no idea how to add anyone or know wat I'm doing! Help x