rnbperfection Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Way to go, lookin' good!

Thanks Lea!
  • justincook
    justincook Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats man. I've got 4+ years w/o booze. You won't regret it.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! I'm really happy for you! You look great and cut!

Keep up the good work!
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i have not stopped. but probably have one or two alcoholic drinks per week now instead of many more than that per day
  • rnbperfection
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Congrats on your progress! I'm really happy for you! You look great and cut!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you Rainbow! I've still got a very long road ahead of me, but I'm really happy that I can share what I've been able to accomplish so far
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you look good, but I am not going to quit drinking. I look good. and it can be done!
  • rnbperfection
    Options
    you look good, but I am not going to quit drinking. I look good. and it can be done!
    Thank you! And you're right, it is possible to do it without quitting drinking. It just wasn't right for my body. Best of luck on your journey
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I love my beers on weekends.
  • rnbperfection
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Good for you. I love my beers on weekends.

kbm I sure did too. It's just that my drinking was often followed up with poor food choices. I guess it just wasn't for me.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Dang! Nice job!
  • rnbperfection
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    Dang! Nice job!

Thank you Sumiblue! Took some time but I'm happy with my accomplishments so far
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Wishing you well as you continue on your journey... :smile:
  • rnbperfection
    Options
    justlyn wrote: »
    Fantastic results! Wishing you well as you continue on your journey... :smile:

Thanks so much justlyn
  • Kevandre810
    Kevandre810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Now they real hard work starts
    Maintaining what you have achieved
    Thumbs up
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! How much weight have you lost? What lifting routine have you been following?

I probably have a few drinks once a month. I have noticed that it has a negative impact on my workouts (lifting specifically). It isn't long lasting tough - it is usually just the next workout.

I applaud you for taking steps to be healthier!
  • rnbperfection
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Awesome progress! How much weight have you lost? What lifting routine have you been following?

I probably have a few drinks once a month. I have noticed that it has a negative impact on my workouts (lifting specifically). It isn't long lasting tough - it is usually just the next workout.

I applaud you for taking steps to be healthier!

Thanks bioklutz! I went from 187lbs down to 155lbs, and currently sitting at 160lbs. I followed some pretty basic principles, targeting each major muscle group throughout the week. Week by week I'd mix up the days I trained the muscle groups and randomize the order of the exercises as often as I could. Every workout is ended with cardio, and 2 to 3 times weekly was core work.
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Impressive will power!
  • rnbperfection
    Options
    bnovak226 wrote: »
    Awesome job!!! Impressive will power!

Thanks Bnovak! Definitely wasn't easy, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!