Thanks MFP

Options
montana_girl
montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
I just have to give a big thanks to MFP! I am a WW member (okay, and on staff at WW...), but have been struggling with the PointsPlus program. I had lost 113 pounds and reached Lifetime status with WW right before the change in program... and have struggled with keeping my weight within the goal range to maintain Lifetime. I was getting very, very frustrated with myself thinking I was doing something wrong, but then someone suggested counting calories in addition to points.

What an eye-opener that has been! I found out I have been eating way too many points and that even though two different foods have a point value of one, they can differ from 25 to 60 in calories.

Just a one week on MFP and I lost 3.2 pounds! And I am FINALLY back within my range and at weight I haven't seen since the end of November.

So I'll say it again... Thanks MFP!!

Replies

• AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    MFP does wonders for me =) Glad that you've found it and been able to keep track of everything. And a BIG congrats on losing 113lbs. WOW that is FANTASTIC!!!
  • rosemadderv
    Options
    I'm in a really similar situation~ lost about 75lb with WW, but had been floundering on points +. Doing calories instead has finally somehow motivated me to work out a bit more, and I've lost another 10lb's! I'm still figuring out what I want my final weight to look like, but I think doing both has been amazing! Now if only WW had an Android app as awesome as MFP right?

Congrats on your successes!!!
  • sasham100
    sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Stacy, glad that MFP is working for you. I'm already noticing changes in my body since starting double tracking (I'm doing WW as well) and I can't wait to step on the scale this Saturday!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!