Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Hey guys! :)
    Mid week check in.

So far so good on all my goals this week! :) need to work on my water and still had a few Times where I ate without really being hungry.

You gals are encouraging me to get out for my workouts. Last night I ran and went for a bike ride even though it was late. Today I ran twice as far then biked to the tennis courts that are 5ish (maybe 6?) miles away to see my bf and his friend play (they have a tournament this weekend.) it was farther than I thought it would be but a good ride.

All in all I'm at 1235 cals burned for the week so far. I'm pretty happy about that. Still need to start on my sit ups too but I will get them done!

I still need to do the fit test! Hopefully tommorow night? I will def do it by Saturday. Ill post as soon as I complete it.

My goals:
    I WILL drink at least 12 cups of water
    I WILL drink tea instead of Soda
    I WILL eat when I'm hungry, not just because :)
    I WILL work out hard at least twice during the week (hopefully 3) and kill it with a big workout Saturday am.
    I WILL watch my sugar (it's a weakness of mine)
    And I WILL plan the dinners and go grocery shopping so we don't have to eat out
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Go you Lorraine! I have this problem EVERY DAY which is why until this past week I haven't really been exercising which is why I haven't been losing weight. In fact, I didn't get my workout in today for this reason and now feel guilty cause I didn't push myself like you did. It takes a great amount of determination to get up and workout when you aren't feeling it, especially after falling asleep so WTG!

Becky, 1235 calories already?! That's awesome, way to get your burn in! Everyone is doing amazing with their workouts this week, we're going to be in L.A. in NO TIME!
    Ladies,

Tell me one thing you LOVE about yourself on the inside and one thing you LOVE on the outside.

I have been reading everyone's responses to this all day and each time all I could think about was how there is nothing I could write here that I really liked about myself right now, especially after making bad food choices today and not getting my workout in. But then I realized that I do have one thing that has gotten me through a lot of hard times in my life...my strength (mentally that is) and this week has been no different. In the middle of dealing with a break up and having my dreams ripped out from under me, I still managed to make a 99 on my exam and workout 2 out of 3 days so far this week. A year ago I would have been locked in my room for a week having anxiety attacks and it makes me stand a little taller knowing that I took control this time. Also, I love how dedicated I am to my family, I will make time for them no matter what (most of the time even before myself).

As far as on the outside, there's not much I like about my body or appearance right now but I will say that I have always had good legs lol. Thanks to soccer, my calves and butt look damn good in some heels (which might be why I wear them to work everyday :laugh: ).
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Thursday. I can't believe July is half over already. The year is going by so fast.

Last chance work out today. What does everyone have planned?

I have a 3 hour colorguard rehearsal this morning (avg burn 650-900 cals). I also plan on going for a walk when my hubby gets home because it is supposed to be ABSOLUTELY gorgeous today. The hardest thing for me today will be my lunch. I am eating out with a couple of friends and we are probably going out for mexican and it is right after rehearsal so I will be extremely hungry. My mantra for the day is "I will not PIG OUT on tortillas and salsa..."

Good luck ladies. Have a great day. Hopefully we will kick *kitten* at the weigh in tomorrow!
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Things I love about myself: On the inside, I am a loyal individual (as long as I'm not betrayed) and on the outside, I likke my eyebrows, my legs, my toe nails, my face and my hair :)
  • lucybp
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Thursday. I can't believe July is half over already. The year is going by so fast.

Last chance work out today. What does everyone have planned?

I have a 3 hour colorguard rehearsal this morning (avg burn 650-900 cals). I also plan on going for a walk when my hubby gets home because it is supposed to be ABSOLUTELY gorgeous today. The hardest thing for me today will be my lunch. I am eating out with a couple of friends and we are probably going out for mexican and it is right after rehearsal so I will be extremely hungry. My mantra for the day is "I will not PIG OUT on tortillas and salsa..."

Good luck ladies. Have a great day. Hopefully we will kick *kitten* at the weigh in tomorrow!

We have the same challenge today. I will be going out for dinner and we will be going to a Mexican restaurant. I checked out the menu and I can order a salad on a tostada bowl (no cheese, no cream cheese with the guacamole on the side) and add grilled portabello murshrooms OR order vegetarian fajitas without cheese and add grilled portabello mushrooms. I plan to stick to the plan and will work on avoiding the tortilla chips and salsa.

We can do this.
  • lucybp
    Options
    Go you Lorraine! I have this problem EVERY DAY which is why until this past week I haven't really been exercising which is why I haven't been losing weight. In fact, I didn't get my workout in today for this reason and now feel guilty cause I didn't push myself like you did. It takes a great amount of determination to get up and workout when you aren't feeling it, especially after falling asleep so WTG!

Becky, 1235 calories already?! That's awesome, way to get your burn in! Everyone is doing amazing with their workouts this week, we're going to be in L.A. in NO TIME!
    Ladies,

Tell me one thing you LOVE about yourself on the inside and one thing you LOVE on the outside.

I have been reading everyone's responses to this all day and each time all I could think about was how there is nothing I could write here that I really liked about myself right now, especially after making bad food choices today and not getting my workout in. But then I realized that I do have one thing that has gotten me through a lot of hard times in my life...my strength (mentally that is) and this week has been no different. In the middle of dealing with a break up and having my dreams ripped out from under me, I still managed to make a 99 on my exam and workout 2 out of 3 days so far this week. A year ago I would have been locked in my room for a week having anxiety attacks and it makes me stand a little taller knowing that I took control this time. Also, I love how dedicated I am to my family, I will make time for them no matter what (most of the time even before myself).

As far as on the outside, there's not much I like about my body or appearance right now but I will say that I have always had good legs lol. Thanks to soccer, my calves and butt look damn good in some heels (which might be why I wear them to work everyday :laugh: ).

You Rock!
    And from whre I am standing you are super cute and beautiful.
  • lucybp
    Options
    Thinking out loud here ... I've burned about 1900 calories so far and my goal was to burn 2000 this week, perhaps I should be thinking BIG and up the goal to 2500??? I still have to squeeze in two more workouts between today and tomorrow.

Hmmmm ...

It's been a good exercise week so far. I've taken strength training, cardio (of course) and kickboxing classes (which to me is a form of strength training) and my body is feeling it. I like the challenge. I am also considering taking a down a notch or two over the weekend and kick it up once again on Monday. I can't do these intensity workouts everyday. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Thinking out loud here ... I've burned about 1900 calories so far and my goal was to burn 2000 this week, perhaps I should be thinking BIG and up the goal to 2500??? I still have to squeeze in two more workouts between today and tomorrow.

Hmmmm ...

It's been a good exercise week so far. I've taken strength training, cardio (of course) and kickboxing classes (which to me is a form of strength training) and my body is feeling it. I like the challenge. I am also considering taking a down a notch or two over the weekend and kick it up once again on Monday. I can't do these intensity workouts everyday. I'll let you know how it goes.

I think you should bump it up! A good rule of thumb (per my old trainer who was amazing) is to aim to burn 500 calories a day, no matter if it takes you 20 or 120 minutes! 500, 5x a week is a great goal. 2500 is totally in your wheelhouse! do it!

Today is my typical Thursday... Zumba and CrossFit, I usually do a 1000+ workout on Thursdays. I ALSO traded my Monday workout for Saturday, so I've got 3 more days in to get our first weeks burn in. I hope it's ok I bent the rules already! ;)
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm diggin' this smaller size group~ seems more personal and its easier to catch up on the forums and get to know ppl!! So far I've burned 2300~ and I'll be going to Spin class tomorrow am so that will bump it up +400! :0) I've never even looked at how many calorie's I typically burn, so I'm pretty impressed! Also~ I like the idea of those sit-up's... I've done my 100 (and nothing more yet.. crap!) but, thats something I always forget to do. And I def should! Happy Thursday to ya'll~ I'm slightly excited for weigh in tomorrow! ;) ~Desirae
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    I ALSO traded my Monday workout for Saturday, so I've got 3 more days in to get our first weeks burn in. I hope it's ok I bent the rules already! ;)

I'm counting my calorie burn for Monday thru Sunday so no worries there. As long as everyone gets it to me sometime over the weekend so I can post our miles on Monday :happy:
  • lucybp
    Options
    @ Kerri, thanks for sharing ... will increase goal to 2500/week.

@ Desirae - agreed, it's so much easier to keep up with what's happening with everyone. Loving the small group.

Having a good day thus far. Planning to head to the gym and squeeze in a work out before we meet a couple of friends who are visiting from Italy. Will still get in my 500/day work out ... whoo hoo!

Now I usually stay home and chill/eat on Fridays. Need to come up with a plan for tomorrow.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time doing any of this this week. I haven't shared but my mom has been in the hospital for over a month. She's had a couple of major surgeries and she has one more left. Then she will be heading home. My time has been consumed big time with my boys (hubby too!), cooking, cleaning, laundry and going to visit my mom. So far I have only gotten in ONE kind of workout...Tuesday...but I am watching my eating as much as I can.

I started this challenge at 124.2. Today I weighed in at 123.6. So I am doing something! Maybe all the house work I am doing is helping to burn some extra calories. :)

You girls are amazing. I love you all!!!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add real quick....stupid TOM showed up like 5 days early! I am thinking these stupid ortho tri cyclen lo pills are too LO (hehehe) on hormones!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I survived lunch today! I am quite proud. I did eat a little bit of chips and salsa but only a few and when they asked to refill it I said NO :-). I also just drank water which was good. I had a shrimp enchilada with rice and beans. It was still a pretty loaded meal but it wasn't smuthered with cheese so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I definitely made a healthier choice than usual.

So far my cal burn for the week is 2060. My battery is dying in my HRM receiver so I am going to have to estimate my burn for the rest of the week and over the weekend. I sent it to the battery replacement place after practice today and should have it back in 7-10 days. I will definitely check in with my calorie burn on Sunday (I was planning on doing Mon-Sun since then I don't have to do any figuring).
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I am having a hard time doing any of this this week. I haven't shared but my mom has been in the hospital for over a month. She's had a couple of major surgeries and she has one more left. Then she will be heading home. My time has been consumed big time with my boys (hubby too!), cooking, cleaning, laundry and going to visit my mom. So far I have only gotten in ONE kind of workout...Tuesday...but I am watching my eating as much as I can.

I started this challenge at 124.2. Today I weighed in at 123.6. So I am doing something! Maybe all the house work I am doing is helping to burn some extra calories. :)

You girls are amazing. I love you all!!!

I hope everything goes well with your mom and her last surgery. Hopefully she will be home soon and things will get a little easier. Great job staying on track in such a stressful and hectic situation.
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    I am having a hard time doing any of this this week. I haven't shared but my mom has been in the hospital for over a month. She's had a couple of major surgeries and she has one more left.

No one thinks any less of you with a situation like that. Do what you can and kudos for watching your food. Most people would become an emotional eating mess in your position (or atleast I would...). I'll be praying for your mom and her quick recovery!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Jen--you know I've been praying for your mom and successful surgeries. You are doing great!

I ended up getting another 2+ mile walk in today. I'm no where near the burn all of you have put in, but I've done my best. I'm excited to see what I can burn during hardcore abs tomorrow!

Tomorrow night is going to be an off night for me. We are taking DD to her first Tigers game. We have horrible seats, but hopefully it will be fun. BD is most excited about the tiger carousel they have at the park, she's heard all about it from her bestest friend. LOL

Looking forward to reading everyones weigh in results tomorrow!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, Im weighing in first on this lovely Friday morning but even after the good week Ive had, the effort I put in and staying on track with my food/water, I have to report a gain on last weeks number :(

Week 1(07.08.2011): 154.4lbs
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 155.6lbs :(:(:(
    Week 3(07.22.2011):
    Week 4(07.29.2011):
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

Im at a loss for words as to why I have gained this week. If any of you have any ideas then swing them my way! Only thing I can think of is maybe I should be eating back my exercise cals or at least some. Does this work for anybody?

Sorry to start off our weightloss challenge with a gain, Ladies. Im really annoyed about that. I know all of you are going to do brilliant today so hopefully all of your losses will outshine my big yucky gain and it will be forgotten about :)

Best of luck everyone xx
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    7/8: 162.0
    7/15: 162.0

No loss, No gain. I am thinking some of it might be water weight since my sodium was pretty high yesterday. I am not going to let myself stress about it. As much as I want to get to my goal weight, I am proud of what I have accomplished so far. My body seems happy where it is for now and as long as I stay where I am not going to go nuts just to get the extra off. I will get there eventually.

If no one objects, I would like to be the motivator of the week for 7-15 through 7-22. I am hoping that try to motivate others will help motivate me :-)

I have a little challenge for everyone today. I challenge everyone to do something for YOURSELF. So many of us set rewards when we reach certain goals and I think it really discourages us when we don't get to that goal quickly. So reward yourself today for NO REASON other than that you are a strong and beautiful person.

My reward to myself today was a nice long hot bath. This is a seldom occurence with a 10 month old at home. I got up early today and just soaked in the bath for 30 minutes. No screaming baby to worry about (he was still sleeping), No husband coming in and interupting (he was at work). It gave me time to think about my week and what I accomplished eventhough I didn't see a weight loss. It allowed me to appreciate SILENCE which is another thing I have had in a long time.

So let me know how you are going to reward yourself today, just for being you!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Great job on that walk Lori! =) Every little bit helps!

Lorraine, I would DEFINITELY suggest eating back 60-80% of your exercise calories. What is your daily target to start 1200? 1500? With the amount of working out you do, your bod is probably digging down deep and using your muscle as fuel (gasp!) This was all explained to me by a good friend who is a biochemist. If you have workouts longer than an hour or so, you must fuel yourself during the workout... think small snack of carb&protein. Try that and hang in there. That "starvation mode" is not as dramatic as it sounds BUT it can hinder continued weight loss. I am set to 1200 and I am to eat back all of my exercise calories. Just my two cents dearie.

Zumba got cancelled last night. BOO! But I talked to younger girls I work with into hitting the trail near our office. We did intervals (walk 1 min, run 1.5 mins) for 4.5 miles! I was SOOOO proud of them. I got into "trainer" mode, it was awesome. They hated me, but I know deep down they loved me, haha! I am hoping to keep this up a few days a week. I realized the trail is way close to my CrossFit gym and I like the plan I've got set up (time/schedule) so I hope to get in more much needed cardio.

I didn't weigh in today. I am scared to be quite honest. I stepped on a couple weeks ago and showed a 6# gain and I haven't been on since. I know what it will do to my head EVEN THOUGH I will bet my life it is muscle. I am doing a lot of lifting at CrossFit but not a lot of cardio. I plan to encorporate cardio daily, whether it be walks or runs, and then weigh in next week. I got this.

Dani--PLEASE be our group motivator for the week. I'm looking forward to it.

Today, I am going to buy myself a ticket to a concert that I've been wanting to get. TJ doesn't want to go but I still will. I usually don't like planning things on the weekends that we both can't do BUT I guess I need to be a big girl, ha.

Happy Friday lovlies! =)<3