Losing weight too fast ?

Options
2»

Replies

• braseyns
    braseyns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Sorry- having problems sorting out my quotes. I was specifically referring to your statements where you said you aren't hungry at 1200 so "that's that" and you will eat more AND exercise.

Why would that be a problem If I'm above the daily required nutriment ?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    braseyns wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    Sorry- having problems sorting out my quotes. I was specifically referring to your statements where you said you aren't hungry at 1200 so "that's that" and you will eat more AND exercise.

Why would that be a problem If I'm above the daily required nutriment ?

There is a limit to how much fat your body can use for energy each day. If you are under-eating, once your body draws on that amount of stored fat, you will lose muscle and that isn't what most people want. This is why losing weight too quickly can be terrible for your health (and, less importantly, for your body composition). If you're exercising on top of under-eating, you are going to only intensify this process.

Also, it's incredibly challenging to meet all your daily nutritional needs while under 1,200. Sure, some people can do it with planning -- but many will struggle to do so.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    braseyns wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have some questions for you:
    1. How tall are you?
    2. What's your current weight?
    3. What's your goal weight?
    4. How are you measuring your food intake?
    5. What's your exercise program?

1. 185 cm (about 6 feet tall)
    2. 95.1 kg (209lbs) CW
    3. 85kg (187lbs) GW
    4. I weight everything.
    5. Absolutely none.

I know that 1200 kcal (it more like 1250ich to be honest) sound like really rough but, I don't feel the need to eat more. So... that's that.
    How much do you weigh, how much protein are you taking in, and are you following any progressive overload lifting programs? Because for a male, 1200 calories is very aggressive and most likely will led to increased muscle loss.

Between 30 and 50g of proteins a day, I don't exercice at all mainly because I don't have time to do so.
    OP, that does sound very quick. What are your stats?
    What stats are we talking about ?

With only 22 pounds to lose, dial back your weight loss goal to a half pound per week. With that little to lose, you're not just losing fat, but muscle as well.

Put your height, age, etc., into MFP and eat the calories it tells you to lose a half pound per week. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

However, if you are not using a digital food scale to measure your food, you are probably eating more than you think. If your weight loss over time does not match your goal, consider measuring more accurately.