December 2016 Walk/jog/bike/step challenge

jeanniewes
jeanniewes Posts: 3,605 Member
Ok guys lets do this again. Let's end the year with the last month. I know it is a busy month but lets all do our best. As months before you can walk/jog/bike/steps. It is that you do the work best you can and log your progress here on the forum. IF you can't come every day just log progress when you can get here as is what I do.....

I was 11 miles off my goal. We had one less day too walk and a Holiday that got in my way and sometimes I can't get Sunday's in due too Church Services but it is what it is.

My new goal for December 2016 is going too be at least 115.0 Walking Miles. I have an exercise Bike that has not been repaired yet but it still works so I will try too get some of that in but my main goal will be outside WALKING 115.0 miles...

Hope too 'see' you here. <3 I hate being alone.... :( so PLEASE join in :)

Replies

• rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    210 mile goal. . .
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    I'm in again. Still nursing my back, so my goal will be minutes versus miles or steps. Going for 3,000 minutes (50 hours of intentional exercise) again.

Let's end 2016 with a bang!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    My goal for December is the same as cremorna1, I am aiming for 10,000 steps a day, 310,000 for the month.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    I didn't quite reach my November goal and I know December is going to be busy so I'm going to set my goal at 150 miles walking and/or biking.
  • juliannetryon
    juliannetryon Posts: 11 Member
    I am in. I also will aim for 10,000 steps a day, 310,000 for the month of December!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Going to adjust my goals a bit...since it's getting colder out, so I suspect I might do even less paddling...but will slide the miles over to walking. Still keeping it a bit low since half my workouts are strength training in the gym instead of miles.

Goal: 35 miles walking/elliptical/glider machine; 20 miles Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)/rowing
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    @ this group, you rock! Thanks for this challenge!!
    @b3achy - 20 miles SUP, wow!

I'm in for the 310k.
    For me this will be all walking and will not include any of my workout mileage.
  • Loriebick
    Loriebick Posts: 79 Member
    Since I am now indoor cycling for the winter months, and walking as much as possible I am going to set two challenges:
    150 min of "spinning" per week (600 min or 10 hours)
    10 miles per week of walking (40 miles
  • b3achy
    edited December 2016
    Had a good day of SUP today...would post pictures but don't want to make everyone jealous. But I will say, it's great to live in FL in December! :)
    BTW, @alipsie19 - I race paddleboards, so some months, I can get in some serious SUPing miles. Hang out until May, which is our crazy month for races in FL, and you'll see some major miles accumulated. Of course, once I pick up my new raceboard on Monday, you might see some sooner, if the weather cooperates. ;)

Goal: 35 miles walking/elliptical/glider machine; 20 miles Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)/rowing

1 December: 5.25 miles SUP

Total: 0.0 miles walking/elliptical/glider machine; 5.25 miles Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)/rowing

History:
    August - 56.81 miles walking/glider; 13.37 miles SUP
    September - 50.04 miles walking/glider; 24.51 miles SUP
    October - 43.07 miles walking/running/glider machine; 30.23 miles SUP/rowing
    November - 39.26 miles walking/running/glider machine; 22.50 miles SUP/rowing
  • alipsie19
    Goal: 310k steps outside of usual workout

Dec 1: 10,255
    Total: 10,255
  • b3achy
    Didn't feel like doing much today, so kept it easy, but did a little something. Hoping to get in a good walk tomorrow after our local Christmas parade.

2 December: 3.80 miles Glider

Total: 3.80 miles walking/elliptical/glider machine; 5.25 miles Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)/rowing
  • alipsie19

Dec 2: 12,345
    Total: 22,600
  • b3achy
    Long walk around town after the Christmas parade...got some good miles in walking along the river.

2 December: 3.80 miles Glider
    3 December: 5.91 miles Walking

Total: 9.71 miles walking/elliptical/glider machine; 5.25 miles Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)/rowing
  • jeanniewes
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    I'm in again. Still nursing my back, so my goal will be minutes versus miles or steps. Going for 3,000 minutes (50 hours of intentional exercise) again.

You hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jeanniewes
    Ok First three days great. Not sure about the next three. Weather is calling for Rain all three days. Will have too wait and see how that goes....We still desperately need all the rain we can get as we had almost a 22 inch deficit!

December 1st...........5.5 Walking Miles (outside and Mall walking)
    December 2nd..........4.5 Walking Miles
    December 3rd...........3.5 Walking Miles

TOTAL thus far December 3rd......13.5 Walking Miles
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    jeanniewes wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

You hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
  • alipsie19

Dec 2: 12,345
    Dec 3: 10,068
    Total: 32,668

The weekends are always the toughest for me. Today I only had 2,634 at 6:20 when I went for my run. Run went great, came home and did my 2:00 plank. All was good.
    Heated up dinner, grabbed my music, took it all into the bath for a hot soak.
    It wasn't until then that I realized I almost spaced my steps. I got dressed and went to Walmart to walk in doors. $100 later I walked out of there still needing 4,000ish. Said heck with it, came home and just walked the neighborhood. At 11:59 I was 43 freaking steps short. When the clock rolled, I was good! Long live the weekend! :smiley:
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    I'm in again - trying to get nearer to a 10k steps a day - in a weekly average.

Best so far 8700 for a week and my average across November was c7300. Best one day score 15555.

(I have Chronic Fatigue so I don't always have good enough health...my worst score for November was about 800 steps! But the exercise is helping me in my recovery... )

Good luck folks.