Any nutrition questions??

Options
Glad to try and help others if I can!

Replies

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Will my body go into starvation mode if I only eat 850 calories per day?
  • brandongladney92
    brandongladney92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Run_fit the average man burns around 1800 calories a day so yes your body will. That amount of calories you won't meet your nutritional needs so I would recommend 850 a day.
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    I have 5 years of fitness and nutrition knowledge I'm willing to share kathrynjean. Just here to help. If you don't need any help that's cool with me.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode? Um ok
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    It took you almost a month to answer? That's not super helpful. Why not jump in and answer some of the hundreds of questions posted here daily like the rest of us try to? They never stop coming!

Lol. Sorry Dianne I don't get notifications on my phone.
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    I have 5 years of fitness and nutrition knowledge I'm willing to share kathrynjean. Just here to help. If you don't need any help that's cool with me.

I didn't know knowledge could be measured in units of time.

It can if you are acquiring knowledge on your journey to a healthier you Paul!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I didn't know knowledge could be measured in units of time.

It can if you are acquiring knowledge on your journey to a healthier you Paul!

What certifications do you have? I have knowledge and so do many people here.
  • CatB409
    CatB409 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a general question on weight loss what excatly should i consume when im trying to reach 160lbs?im 208lbs now
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    CatB409 wrote: »
    I have a general question on weight loss what excatly should i consume when im trying to reach 160lbs?im 208lbs now

If I were you I'd cut down on carbs and sugar. I make sure most of my carbs from from veggies. Meal prep for the week veggies and lean meats.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Lol.
  • brandongladney92
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    CatB409 wrote: »

If I were you I'd cut down on carbs and sugar. I make sure most of my carbs from from veggies. Meal prep for the week veggies and lean meats.

Part of the troll problem is when you and others offer advice like this in which newer and possibly misinformed people will take as the truth.

How can one suggest to cut down on carbs and sugar specifically to one person when you have no idea what they currently consume within their caloric, macro, or micro goals?

For somebody to lose weight, they do not have to eat a certain foods, only eat in a deficit.

One can lose weight on ice cream and donuts if they are in eating in a deficit.

One can gain weight on low sugar, low carbs, lean meats and vegetables if they eat in a surplus.

With all do respect, it would be a better idea for you not to give advice in this way. I'm not trying bash you, just expose that this will not be helpful for people who are looking for solid advice.

I don't think anyone should take advice as truth...its advice, its an opinion, we should all do research on things we read, see and hear. I don't mind the discussion I just think the negative comments are funny. I never said I was an expert on anything so you can take the advice or leave it...but thanks for the comment bro!