What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Thinking about my day with my mom and step dad yesterday; I said I wouldn't let him get to me, but I did. After about 3 offhand(but were they) comments about my hubby, who was at work...I finally lost it. I gathered myself, stopped dad in midsentence and said "Listen to me now. He has been here for 23 years, and MORE than proved himself. I'm sick of you talking *kitten* about him, and I don't want to hear another word, or I'm not coming back."

My stepdad acted all taken aback, like he didn't mean any offence, when it was obvious be was goading me.

Glad I didn't take it now. Hopefully next week, while I act the maid and nurse for him, he's a little nicer and more gracious.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Thinking about my day with my mom and step dad yesterday; I said I wouldn't let him get to me, but I did. After about 3 offhand(but were they) comments about my hubby, who was at work...I finally lost it. I gathered myself, stopped dad in midsentence and said "Listen to me now. He has been here for 23 years, and MORE than proved himself. I'm sick of you talking *kitten* about him, and I don't want to hear another word, or I'm not coming back."

My stepdad acted all taken aback, like he didn't mean any offence, when it was obvious be was goading me.

Glad I didn't take it now. Hopefully next week, while I act the maid and nurse for him, he's a little nicer and more gracious.

Good for you.

I had promised myself I wouldn't say anything to him that could be adversarial...as he's really sick...but he pushes, like he wants to start issues...then acts all confused like he didn't say anything...he's old, I get it...but I was tired, overworked at that point, and I think PMSy as I was crying...lol
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Next week will be better I think. I think they will have appreciated what I did, and they must know they obviously need the help...
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Good for you.

I had promised myself I wouldn't say anything to him that could be adversarial...as he's really sick...but he pushes, like he wants to start issues...then acts all confused like he didn't say anything...he's old, I get it...but I was tired, overworked at that point, and I think PMSy as I was crying...lol

Good on you! Sometimes a doormat can no longer be a doormat.

I've had to do it many times in life, usually estranging myself for years on end. I'm only back now because they are so sick, and I don't want to have regrets again, if you know what I mean..I love my mom dearly and will be destroyed when she goes, but he's not ever been the nicest stepdad, he makes it hard to want to go there...lol..Im even paranoid someone will see this and tell him....ugh....lol
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

Yay good for you Tracy.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I think often it's undiagnosed mental illness. My brother recently was part of an emergency transport for a boy who had stepped in front of a truck on the highway. His dad and aunt said he was just a little depressed...his uncle told my brother he'll be arranging help because he needs more help than his aunt and father are willing to admit.
    Maybe parents because they aren't around their kids much just don't see the problems? It's tough but that's a really sad statistic.
  • LittleBitMeme
    LittleBitMeme Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That I am sad my workout was short today as I had to take a friend to the airport.... BUT and have no problem spending Friday evening at the job.... maybe I should get a life? LOL
  • synchkat
    Options
    My mom's crazy friend is insisting on driving me and btw boy to visit my mom. I'm a bit scared haha
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Why are stupid people allowed to have kids?!

After struggling with infertility for the last few years, I am faced with this question more often than not

I so get this. As we have talked before, my first pregnancy ended horribly at full term. For no valid reason. I did everything right. Then struggled with infertility with both of my next two pregnancies. Hence why my kiddos are 8 years apart. But why do child molesters, abusers, drug addicts, people that plain just don't care about their kids seem to pop them out left and right?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Good for you.

Age isn't an excuse to act like a kitten.

If anything, one should be wiser and more tempered with age.

Hang in there