Skim Milk or Whole Milk for weight loss?

Replies

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Sadly, no milk is best, until you get to goal weight
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

What? Why?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    edited December 2016

I have a 1% milk latte everyday and I've lost 88 lbs
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    With the amount of milk I drink, if I drank whole milk I'd weigh 400 pounds lol
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member

I don't understand this.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I don't understand this.

Me neither. I drink full cream milk everyday, 350-500ml, and have done since i was a kid. I drank more when i was at my thinnest than i do now.
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Skim milk is essentially milk soda. Full fat milk from the cows teat is preferable.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    gemdiver00 wrote: »
    Skim milk is essentially milk soda. Full fat milk from the cows teat is preferable.

Preferable for what specific reasons?

Or do you just mean preferable to you?
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Skim milk is just milk-flavored water. It's a sad beverage for sad people.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

I need brain bleach for the visual I just got.

Heh.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Bwrock84 wrote: »
    Which milk is better for weight loss? Skim Milk or Whole Milk? Let me know.

whatever floats your boat
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member

I'm still waking up and I don't know what the f I just read. Help!

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have half and half (light cream) with my coffee and soy milk (Silk light vanilla) on my cereal. If I have cow's milk, the lowest butterfat I'll go is 2%. If I have ice cream, I want full butterfat ice cream and I'll just eat less of it than I used to.

If you like skim milk in your coffee or tea, fine, but for those like me who can't stand it -- don't punish yourself by eating crap you don't like because that's not a lifestyle you're going to want to sustain for the rest of your life. If I'm not going to enjoy something, I'm not going to eat it. Period.

And sadly, I've done this through 72 pounds of weight loss -- so the statement that you can't have milk until you're at goal weight is just B.S.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    @Bwrock84 are you still here? Has reading all of these replies made your decision any easier? :worried:
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    I've discovered, to my utter surprise, that just referring to the milk in my coffee, I consume fewer calories if I use the whole milk that we have in the fridge for the kids.

I usually use semi-skimmed or, preferably, soya wholebean, but we had run out of both. I am such a dreadful house keeper. So, forced to steal the kids' I realised I only needed about half the milk to get my preferred "whiteness". Intrigued I did a little experiment and it was confirmed. I used about half the volume, and that had fewer calories than the volume of semi-skimmed I would usually add.

Now, of course there are other considerations, like protein and ethics that I also care about, so back to the soya, but I shan't feel as worried about the odd whole milk coffee scenario from now on.
  • I have lost 35 pounds while drinking whole milk almost daily.