Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ccxluf7dhecp.jpg

I bought this at lunch today. I didn't even hesitate upon seeing the $3 price tag. I NEEDED it.

They just released a new variation of that in the US.

mqi9gbpxrjlq.jpg

Want. So much want!! I wonder if they'll be available in Canada.

The Oreo Big Crunch Bar is now at Vons/Pavillions/Safeway. And it is, indeed, big.

And why no, I *didn't* exclaim very much out loudly "OH MY GOD" when I saw them.

Nope! Sure didn't!
  • BDPartyTime
    BDPartyTime Posts: 2 Member
    Weird, especially since Oreos stole the cookie from a now seen as 'off brand' company. ;D
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    I'd just like to confess that oreos and biscuits in general are my diet downfall...
    There's something amazingly satisfying about the crunchiness of a biscuit...and then there's a remarkable strength to those of us who can keep to one or two!

Even better...oreos and ice cream.
    Mix that crunch with that cream - this thread has turned my mouth to a watery mess haha
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Oreo truffles made! Christmas yum! @Carlos_421

ec51155sz6yo.jpg90qit8u4zc7m.jpg

4h51ub7pq4ki.jpg
    Pictures didn't post in the right order.

We do this every year!! It isn't Christmas without Oreo Balls!!! I think they may be more important than the tree. Might even tie with mistletoe.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Tried the Milja Oreo bar and of course it's freaking amazing!

Now to try to find the Oreo cereal being released under the Malta Meal name brand.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Finally opened my peppermint oreos and OMG.

These are gonna be downright dangerous. Tastes like Girl Scout Thin Mints, and I can eat those by the sleeve.

Oh dear :D

~Lyssa
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2017
    stealthq wrote: »
    levitateme wrote: »
    I don't know why people go so crazy for oreos. The cookie part is totally unappealing to me. I like the chocolate in my cookies to be actual chocolate (chips/chunks/whatever).

For the same reason I prefer chocolate chip cookies sans chocolate chips. Personal taste.

Also, Oreo thins are the best Oreos, but Nutter Butters are the best overall packaged cookie :tongue:

And no packaged cookie stands up to the good homemade cookies.

WHATTT?!?!?! I thought I was the only one who preferred making chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips!

So- I love Nutter Butters. I do like the golden birthday cake Oreos, though. My favorite are the golden oreos with the chocolate creme. :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Can't believe Peep Oreos are a thing.
  • Fungeonmaster
    Fungeonmaster Posts: 15 Member
    All this fuss over Oreos... which are okay. But what about Tim Tams? Pretty sure those are the nectar of the gods.
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    kxpdb2wf0mud.gif
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited February 2017
    All this fuss over Oreos... which are okay. But what about Tim Tams? Pretty sure those are the nectar of the gods.

sdey.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    God, I've missed this thread. :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I've been sticking with the Oreo Thins lately, not sure why. Classic, lemon, chocolate cream, and mint. The last "seasonal" I tried was the Cinnamon Roll Oreos, they were not my favorite.
  • clemmberry
    clemmberry Posts: 4 Member
    I just had the Peeps Oreos... kinda taste like cotton candy with pieces of sugar in the cream. Im a fan, I hope they keep them around. I do love the lemon, Id eat those over the regular ones any day....

Ok... go ahead and yell at me now :)
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    I've been branching out to other cookies man. I still need to try Oreo strawberry chocolate...
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    edited February 2017
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the cakesters were my favorite thing on earth. I think they're discontinued, which is great for my waistline and terrible for my tastebuds.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    clemmberry wrote: »
    I just had the Peeps Oreos... kinda taste like cotton candy with pieces of sugar in the cream. Im a fan, I hope they keep them around. I do love the lemon, Id eat those over the regular ones any day....

I think Oreo nailed the rough sugary coating on the outside of a Peep.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    And how about these?

0070640003190_CL_version_type_large.jpeg

I mean, not Oreo, but man, they are tasty.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    clemmberry wrote: »

Must find these now. I want Peeps Oreos.

I think of the Lemon Oreos and Classic Oreos as two sides of the same coin. Best to have both in the house to cover all the angles :blush: