The illusive 6 pack

Options
Any tips on how to get rid of the last layer of fat for your 6 pack to show?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit.
  • boxa00
    boxa00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Damn it. It's Christmas season. Food tastes to good.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A calorie deficit.

And pick up heavy stuff to develop muscles.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    #trapsoverabs
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Google stubborn fat protocol by Lyle McDonald
  • trigden1991
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    boxa00 wrote: »

Pretty much why no one cuts during xmas time.

Just me then :'(
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Google stubborn fat protocol by Lyle McDonald

awesome share
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

And me...but only because I put on about 10 Lbs when I was injured late summer and through the fall...I usually put on about 10 Lbs over winter and I can't do a combined 20 Lbs...so taking it easy for the next couple of months.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I'll be sort of cutting. Generally cutting, but having a couple (hopefully not many more than a 2-3) days of IDGAF.
  • trigden1991
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

I'll be sort of cutting. Generally cutting, but having a couple (hopefully not many more than a 2-3) days of IDGAF.

"Re-feed days" ;)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Works for me.

latest?cb=20150918140937
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    Just keep on eating less and exercising more. No need to specifically target the abs if you're doing core intensive exercises, like deadlifts, squats and OHPs. I got mine doing nothing more than this.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Just keep on eating less and exercising more. No need to specifically target the abs if you're doing core intensive exercises, like deadlifts, squats and OHPs. I got mine doing nothing more than this.

Everyone says this but I've been squatting and deadlifting and doing planks and weighted double crunches for a year now and still no abs to show except maybe a little oblique action, LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Everyone says this but I've been squatting and deadlifting and doing planks and weighted double crunches for a year now and still no abs to show except maybe a little oblique action, LOL

A lot of that is simply genetic...I know a lot of really lean and fit women and only one with an actual six pack...it's harder for women. Also women have higher essential BF...my friend with a six pack is crazy lean when she has it, but she doesn't maintain that all of the time...it's too lean for her to walk around like that all of the time.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Unfortunately for women, your genetics make it fundamentally more difficulty to get your abs to show.

Women who do show them, if they're not on steroids, genrerally have to lose much more BF (as compared w/men) to achieve it. Doesn't mean you can't achieve it, it's just more difficult.

Sorry, that's Just the way it is.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Unfortunately for women, your genetics make it fundamentally more difficulty to get your abs to show.

Women who do show them, if they're not on steroids, genrerally have to lose much more BF (as compared w/men) to achieve it. Doesn't mean you can't achieve it, it's just more difficult.

Damn men, you guys have it easy! LOL
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Damn men, you guys have it easy! LOL

I've had my abs cut wide open like for a baby elephant to come out. Stop damming us...