What's your reason for trying to lose weight?

Call it insecurity or conceited or whatever but the main reason i am choosing to lose weight is so i can feel beautiful. People like to put on a front and say im losing weight so i can be healthy blah blah blah but there are other reasons why people choose to lose weight .Whats your reason (real reason) for losing weight ?

Replies

• PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Yep... Vanity is my sin too.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    I want to live to a healthy 100 years! :smile:

Oh and I want to be a sexy Momma too! ;)
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    It doesn't feel like my body when I'm overweight.
    It's not me. I want to feel like myself again.
    I'm getting there.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Because it reallyhurt physically to be the weight I was all the time and I was really being left behind. I was mad that I couldn't walk a few blocks or climb stairs without pain or bei g oit of breath. I'm not going to live my life stuck in a chair or a bed if I can do something about it. Health and better quality of life were my real motivation. Fitting clothes and liking my appearance are happy bonuses but not my motivation.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Cause a fat person ain't gonna be able to do what I plan on doing.
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    HeyaBerg wrote: »

Getting a job as a piece of string??

I used to be the weight I am now, but three notches less on my belt and much much fitter. Won't get back to that fitness level cos it was lots of training, but I want to get back to that notch in my belt!!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Vanity was the starting point. I wanted to look good. And cute clothes. EVERYTHING else (energy, strength, agility and so on) turned out to be huge unexpected rewards. I didn't plan on feeling sooo good.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    G085H173 wrote: »
    HeyaBerg wrote: »

Getting a job as a piece of string??

As a piece of string?
  • jimbogutz
    jimbogutz Posts: 29 Member
    So I can look good,feel good,and be the healthiest me I can be.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    makes the man meat look bigger
  • Adhdvogeltj3
    Adhdvogeltj3 Posts: 13 Member
    For me it's mainly vanity. I have been skinny, once lost 40 pounds in a year and I was so happy, managed to keep it off for a whole year and then my life fell apart. Multiple deaths in the family, financial issues, mental health issues. I gained the weight back and have been jojo-ing ever since. But not anymore. I want to get this right again. Finally my life is back on track, there's still a lot of left over baggage from those bad years, but it's looking up. I already lost three pounds in a week! (obviously that will slow down but I am very happy).
    I have looked a pictures of skinny girls, or skinny friends and have wanted that. And I know that I can because I've been there before.
    I just feel better, sexier and have better selfworth when I'm skinnier. I know the correct answer should be "I'm doing it to be healthier and fitter, not skinnier" but that's a lie. It's totally for vanity. :wink:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    copied and pasted from my profile

Vanity and of course health. Who doesn’t want to look hot in their late 40’s and still be healthy enough to keep up with the youngsters right?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Because I just felt like "kitten".. At my age feeling 10 years older than I was not cutting it.. Now I feel 10 years younger and that thing called peri-menopause is really now just a thing and symptoms are all but nil.. Vanity pounds and body composition is now my thing.. lol
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    I'm 35 years old, and I am prediabetic. My joints also hurt all the freaking time. I was tired of being obese and not feeling pretty in my clothes or comfortable in my skin. I also wanted to set a good example of a healthy lifestyle for my children. So, I began my weight loss journey in June 2016. I have lost just over 40 lbs. 12 inches off my waist. I feel more confident and happy with myself, now. I still have about 20 lbs to go, but I'm okay with that. I will get there. Hopefully, in the next few months.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Because fat people are generally considered lazy and sloppy. Because I'm lazy and sloppy. Because every weekend I have a list of house projects that I am determined to complete but instead I wind up on the couch watching TV. I've had that list for close to two years.