Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Caroline9252
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

07/08 = 133.8
    07/15 = 132.8

I am still up from my glorious 129 from right before my sister in laws wedding, but I am going to get it back. I wanted all of you to know I will be on VACATION!!! Leaving tomorrow morning, and I will NOT have internet access, and no I dont have a smart phone - - BUT I plan on getting one soon!

However my goal for my vacation week is to workout everyday and NOT have a weight gain - I would like to lose, but really who am I kidding. :laugh:

I am just going up north to these cabins in West Branch, MI so I have no excuse. I will be logging and doing a lot of running and swimming, but you wont hear from me. Dont miss me too much.

Keep up all the good work! - Oh and I did get 60 sit ups in - not great but the OT this week and lack of cooking killed me. XOXOXXOX
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ok....final weigh in for the week...

07/08 = 125.2
    07/15 = 123.4

On an upside...my mom is completely out of ICU, in a regular room and they are finalizing her final surgery. She will need to stay there for rehab and physical therapy...BUT...it will be MUCH better than what's going on right now. We're going to be super busy fixing up her house the rest of the way and selling it and finding an apartment for her and my aunt. Things are going in the right direction! YAY!

Next week I will be UP on everything. I am going to try and do sit ups today and hopefully the Insanity Fit Test. I am expecting my #s to be LOW since I haven't worked out in a freakin' MONTH! Sheesh. Once my bday got here I gave up! LOL. At least I kept watching what I was eating though.
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    7/8 - 161lbs
    7/15 - 162.4lbs

Ugh, really discouraged. I did so well this week. The only off day I had was last Sunday, and it wasn't really too bad because I was active the whole day. Last time I started Insanity I did the same thing, I fluctuated between 170 and 172 for 4 weeks. I don't want to do that again!! I don't know if it's muscle gain or what... but I'm still too heavy to be gaining muscle and not losing fat lol.

So I'm not sure if I will be continuing with 6 days a week of Insanity. It definitely does help with strength training, but maybe I will do it a few times a week and then do cardio the rest of the week. A friend of mine gave me her jogging stroller, so I'd like to get out and run with Lukas :)

I'm not going to give you guys my total burn for the week yet, I plan on on getting in a good burn today and tomorrow! Then I will post. I'm going to spend today thinking about my workout routine, any suggestions are welcome!! Tonight to do something for me, I will take a bubble bath once Lukas gets to bed. I wanted to take one earlier this week, but I never did get around to it. But it just sounds wonderful, something I definitely need to do!!

Happy Friday everybody! And great job to the ladies who lost weight! Those who didn't, let's try to keep our heads up and get a loss next week!
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Week 1(07.08.2011): 159.4
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 159.2
    Week 3(07.22.2011):
    Week 4(07.29.2011):
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

Hey All~ (lorraine, thx for the dates, I copied them!)
    My weigh in was fine... I'm impressed after my binging weekend. So~ this weekend I WILL be active, I WILL watch what I eat, and I WILL drink LOTS of water!!! :0) It's the town festival where our cabin is, so I know we'll be out at the street dance and beer garden, but I can drink water right? We'll see....

As for calories burned this week~ 2830!!!!!!!! I've never kept track, and I'm super impressed with myself!

Next week goal is 3000!!!!!!! And, I did my 100 sit ups, nothing more nothing less.
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Il have to add my burn later, but I wanted to post that I completed 260 crunches in the week. :-)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Ladies, especially Lorraine and Lindsay! Take a peek at this!

http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    As I said last week, no weighing in for me this month. I'm going to focus on my eating and exercising and see how it works for me but great job to the rest of you ladies who lost and to those who didn't don't be discouraged, it's only one week. Look at your progress over the last month and evaluate that instead!

I'm so proud of everyone's burns this week, I know everyone hasn't given a final burn but the numbers so far are incredible and you all are blowing me out of the water! But I'll take what I can get because I've exercised 4 days this week and plan to do more tomorrow and Sunday so even if my burns aren't as much as I'd like I'm still doing something 6 days when 2 weeks ago I wasn't exercising at all. I'm not sure my exact count on situps but I know it was well over 100 lol. I do abs 4 days a week during bootcamp/pure barre and i would guess I do atleast 50 each class.
    I wanted all of you to know I will be on VACATION!!! Leaving tomorrow morning, and I will NOT have internet access
    Caroline, have a GREAT time on vaca!!!
    On an upside...my mom is completely out of ICU, in a regular room and they are finalizing her final surgery.
    Jen, so happy to hear your mom is out of ICU. Hopefully everything will settle down for you soon!

My reward is actually something I already had planned. I'm going to stay the night with one of my friends this evening. Her husband is out of town on a church retreat so we're going to have a girls night and pig out on some healthy food (she is clean diet fanatic) while watching chick flicks (basically a way to keep her mind off her husband and my mind off of my ex lol). Then tomorrow morning we're both getting up to go to a Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga class (her birthday present to me!). I'm so excited and think it's going to be a good mini getaway for me.

WEEKEND PACT:
    -Atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    -Exercise both days (1000 calorie burn goal)
    -Log all my food & be conscious of what I'm eating
    -Complete Insanity Fit Test
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!

Sorry I have been comp out of the loop this week. We were out of town mid-week and I comp missed all your posts and what we were to do!! So sorry! I'm going to read up on every one tonight! So far my pregnancy hasn't been too bad. There are days where my energy level is blah and I get sick..but other than that I feel great! I really think exercise helps pregnancy symptoms. I must get out of my head that I can't eat EVERYTHING in sight just because I am pregnant! I am bummed because my work outs can not be as intense as I am used to, but I am still exercising and that is a main goal I have! I go to the dr next week for my first check up, so I am praying all goes well. I did not do the INsanity test..sorry! (Not until I talk to the dr on any exercise limitations)

My weight is up and I expected it to be. No excuses, just poor eating habbits and not enough exercise. Going to log a lot better and stay right around 1800 calories instead of 2000.
    Week 1(07.08.2011): 133
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 135
    Week 3(07.22.2011):
    Week 4(07.29.2011):
    Week 5(08.05.2011):
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

**My weight goal is to try and only gain 25lbs throughout my pregnancy. So far this kid has been craving chicken and mashed potatoes and jerky lol..random!! My weight is prob going to fluctuate a lot due to water and when I can go to the bathroom LOL. So it is hard to tell what I will weigh next week!

CALORIE BURN: 1,764
    GOALS for the following week:
    EXERCISE every day and try to reach 350-500 calories burned per day
    MAKE healthier choices when eating
    LOG ALL FOOD
    Enjoy being pregnant and not stress about the SCALE.
    Subscribe to FIT pregnancy

OK...sorry this is a book! One good thing on the inside: I am a very caring person. Outside: LOVE my boobs right now they are getting HUGE lol.

@ Jen- So sorry about your Mom. You are def in my thoughts and prayers.

****I will make more shout-outs to individuals toinght**** I must catch up from this week =)
    Love ya'll! Lets kick this next week in the booty!!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Weekend pact:

- Drink lots of water
    - Exercise both Saturday and Sunday
    - Log ALL food
    - Do not overindulge when eating out (i.e no app, dinner, and desert, and alcohol).
    - limit alcohol consumption to no more than 3 drinks for the weekend (Sat and Sun)

My hope is to not do any damage over the weekend so I can see a drop next week or at least know that I didn't gain over the weekend. This challenge I am trying to focus more on my mind than my body so I am trying to get more focused on moving and living, and less about measurements and scales. Hopefully, by focusing more on my mind, i can be healthy in the head and then my body will follow :-)

Have a great weekend ladies. I will be checking in but for those who won't be around, enjoy yourself and see you when you get back on.
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.4lbs this week, pretty excited about that!!

My weekend goals are:
    Stay under calories
    Workout Saturday AND Sunday (at least 500 calories each day)

I'm debating working out tonight, I've been at work since 7am, but hopefully will be leaving within the next hour ( I usually only do 8 hour days so I'm getting exhausted). Maybe I can at least go for a walk, and I have to do 25 more sit ups for the challenge. I have to say I'm LOVING the sit up challenge, haven't done those in years but I love to work out my abs. Kind of a "back to the basics" feeling. :happy:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep working hard ladies, it will pay off!! <3
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My Crossfit group is starting a 30 day diet challenge on Monday. I think I'm going to join in. It's a Paleo lifestyle. Here is a link if any of you ladies are interested in joining me! :)

http://desertcrossfit.typepad.com/Paleo_Food_List.pdf

I think anyone that works out regularly or lifts weights should consider. :)
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Week 1 SW: 176.8
    Week 2: 177.8

Calories burned are still at 1235, hoping to get a GREAT burn in tommorow am AND do the fit test :happy:

This week has been "ok", doing much better than the last few but still not where i want to be. It really has been a ROUGH week at work, very stressful. That considered I could have really de-railed but I did not.

@kerri I'll have to check out that link sounds interesting.

@everybody, more to come tommorow :) Hope you are having a fabulous friday night!!
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A day late of course :) My total miles Monday-Friday were: 32.05 (between treadmill, stationary bike, and crossramp). I haven't weighed in so that is my only problem. But I am off to do a quick 3k with my 8 year old son for our local fair so I will get on that later!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @ Kerri, thanks for the links! I had a pep talk with myself yesterday and then got into my Insanity workout. I have basically decided that regardless of the number on the scale, I know I'm getting stronger and that's what counts.

My report for the week:

3731 calories burned!!! WOOT!
    125 sit-ups (I really liked this :)

I'm going to a little boys 1st birthday with Lukas today. Going to watch what I eat there and BE GOOD this weekend in general! Tomorrow is my MUCH NEEDED rest day! But I plan on going on a walk with Lukas still because he loves them and I enjoy them as well :) Happy weekend everyone!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A day late of course :) My total miles Monday-Friday were: 32.05 (between treadmill, stationary bike, and crossramp). I haven't weighed in so that is my only problem. But I am off to do a quick 3k with my 8 year old son for our local fair so I will get on that later!
    Kim, we decided to report our total calorie burn for the week and then I will convert it to miles. Do u know how many calories you burned? If not, I can just use your miles. Also, is there a city you'd like to "stop by" on our trip? (WA is a bit too far north of LA lol)
  • Becky011
    Options
    Weekend Pact:
    Drink 12 cups of water Minimum (with the heat and workouts probably more)
    Do insanity fit test today
    Workout sat / Sunday (include a good run!!)
    Stay under or at least very close to my cal goal!
    Stay positive about my body

I hope you r having a great weekend!
  • Becky011
    Options
    Weekend Pact:
    Drink 12 cups of water Minimum (with the heat and workouts probably more)
    Do insanity fit test today
    Workout sat / Sunday (include a good run!!)
    Stay under or at least very close to my cal goal!
    Stay positive about my body

I hope you r having a great weekend!
  • Becky011
    Options
    Ok so i am a little confused as I try to do the insanity fit test..here's where I'm at:
    Switch kicks -50 each side z(100 total)
    Power jacks - 40 though I'm not sure they were right
    Power knees - 64left 73 right
    Power jumps - 25 but I'm not sure I did them right
    Globe jumps - this is where I stopped because I wasnpretty sure i was doing it wrong and got frustrated...

Does anyone have a link to instructions? I thought there was one posted here but when I went back through the posts I can't find it. Let me know if you can help!

I'm heading out for a run. Have a great Saturday!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Quote of the day: "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
    Mahatma Gandhi

@ Becky- There were instructional videos on You tube, links sent in an email. If you can't find it let me know and I can forward it to you.

Finished my 100 sit ups this morning and I did the last 40 with my 22.2 lb son sitting on my chest/stomach so I think there was a bit of weight resistance. I am thinking that I should do some everyday so I can try to get rid of my saggy baby stomach :-).

I will report my calorie burn tomorrow afternoon as I still plan on getting another walk in tonight and hopefully a run in the morning. I have ~ 700 calories to reach my goal for the week (M-Su 3500 cals).

Mental Challenge of the day: Tell me one good thing that happened to you today.

For me- My bathing suit tops that I bought for my cruise fit well enough that I am not embarassed to wear them in public AND I fit into a pair of size 6 shorts when I went shopping (I am sure they run on the larger side but who cares, I can say that I fit in a size 6).
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ladies, especially Lorraine and Lindsay! Take a peek at this!

http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/

Thank you for that link Kerri, you've actually knocked some sense into me :) I think I would be happy to be at this weight for the rest of my life if I toned up. I never thought about it like that!! You are the light at the end of the tunnel Kerri!! :)

Today, however has been pretty close to a write off! Ive been working on set all day (where healthy food is non-existent) So yes Ive made bad choices today but yesterday was good and tomorrow I'll keep on track so hopefully 1 day wont do too much damage to the whole weekend :)

Thank you for nominating to be Motivator of the Week, Dani. And your first suggestion is an awesome one. In fact before even reading about your idea to do something for ourselves, I took the day off yesterday to do some retail therapy and try and remind myself that Im still doing well. I should probably mention that I jumped back on the wagon 3 weeks ago and in the first 2 weeks I lost 8lbs so I shouldn't really be too upset about gaining this week because I had such a big loss so fast. Im just extremely impatient when it comes to weight loss!!! I cant help it!
    But anyway, I bought 2 cute dresses and new pair of shoes and I just love them. They are both in size (UK)10, a size which I am still shocked to be purchasing!! It made me really happy to try on smaller clothes and soon the notion of gaining this week faded away! So that was something I did for myself yesterday :)

Also, in my initial bad mood yesterday, I skipped the gym and didn't do any workout except flying around to different shops looking for sales!!
    But my calories burned Mon-Thurs is 3402 calories. Very happy with that for only 4 days of exercising :)
    Also Im happy to announce I did 510 sit-ups this week :) Im used to doing them all the time but I never actually counted how many I do, so that's a pretty good number :)

Kerri thanks for your advice about eating back my exercise calories. I figured it was something I should be doing all along but I just kept avoiding it because of my stubborn Taurus traits (!) and feared that I would just keep gaining weight if I ate more.
    But Im going to up my calories this week.
    My current goal is 1200 calories and I usually stick to around that number even on days when I have a burn of 1000+ calories. That's not good I know :( It sounds stupid when I write it down like that and read it back.

Anyhoo, congrats to everyone on their losses/maintains this week. And for those of you in the gain category, like myself, all we gotta focus on is changing it up next week and trying a new approach. Hopefully we'll have good numbers next week!

Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for opening my eyes and getting me to step outside the box. I realize now why I've failed at this so so many times in the past :) xx