I was just told to eat heavier at breakfast and very lite at dinner.

Options
rikkejanell2014
rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
He is a very healthy guy. Is this true? I ate heaver at dinner today but still stayed in my calorie intake.

Replies

• rikkejanell2014
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Where are you getting all these ideas?

It's almost like you're going through a list of weight loss myths one at a time here and in the Food/Nutrition forum.

Obviously from people and that's what this is for. To ask questions. Smh. Bye
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    Arrange your meals however you want. Focus on daily calories.

I do
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

I do

Then you've got it.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've heard that as well. Most other cultures beyond western cultures eat very large midday meals and smaller dinners, so that's probably why. In regards to weight loss I think it's baloney, mostly, but I see the reasoning as we typically tend to overeat during dinner and evening hours. My thought is this is due to being more relaxed at home or going out to a restaurant you really like and therefore being a little less restricting. Not a lot of people eat huge steaks for lunch, for example. Dinner seems to be America's pleasure meal.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    As stated in your other thread, it doesn't matter what time you eat. Some people like a big breakfast and are happy with a light evening meal. People like me aren't big breakfast eaters, and have a large meal at the end of the day as a social/family thing. It is completely personal preference.

Me too. I was just told doing it the way i asked it better for weight loss.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You were told wrong
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

I do

Good

So are you asking whether that advice is sound?

The answer is it depends on whether eating like that helps you to stick to your calorie allowance

Yes that's what I'm asking.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Well, just like we told you in your thread: "Is it okay to eat after 6pm" ... eat whenever you want to eat. Do whatever works for you. And you may need to experiment to find out what works for you.

Condescending much?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    As stated in your other thread, it doesn't matter what time you eat. Some people like a big breakfast and are happy with a light evening meal. People like me aren't big breakfast eaters, and have a large meal at the end of the day as a social/family thing. It is completely personal preference.

Me too. I was just told doing it the way i asked it better for weight loss.

No. Again, there is no 'better' time to eat for weight loss. It does not matter. Not after 6, not before 6, not light in the mornings, or light in the evenings, it does not matter.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I eat about 75% of my daily calories after 8pm and typically go to bed around 11pm. It truly doesn't matter when or how often you eat.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    I just confronted him on what everyone said and he said if you eat alot late your body will turn that calorie energy into stored fat because you're not burning it
This discussion has been closed.