Question for Men (Ya, don't hate)

Options

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    My two best friends are guys. I was in a relationship when I met them. I went through a couple of boyfriends and have since gotten married, and they've been there with me for all of it. The idea that the endgame for either of them was sleeping with me is ridiculous - if that was all they wanted, they would have bailed a long time ago. We've all be through too much together, and we've been each other's rocks through dark periods.

I do have other guy friends that I see infrequently and in "safer" settings like a restaurant rather than alone at their house. I don't have the same level of trust or comfort with them, and while I don't *think* they'd be disrespectful, I don't know them as well. I do think there's a lot of guys out there who value sex more than friendship, and I've been burned in the past by being overly trusting.

My husband's best friend is a woman. She was married when they met, then got divorced. He misread her desire to spend a lot of time with him during that difficult time as romantic interest, and she broke his heart, but they got through it and rebuilt a strong platonic friendship. She was the best woman at our wedding, and one of my guy friends was my man of honor.

I'm not jealous of my husband's friend, he's not jealous of my friends, my best friend's girlfriend isn't jealous of me, my husband's best friend's husband isn't jealous of him... We all know each other and hang out together. When I tell people this I get weird reactions, like they can't believe this utopia exists, but we all have strong relationships built on honesty and transparency.

Like save by the Bell!

Never saw it, a bit before my time... Is it a pop culture crime to not have watched that show?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    138shades wrote: »

People who pursue women only to bed them are sexual predators and are flawed individuals.

Very closeminded statement......

Some people don't want the emotions or the attachment.

[, biologically, sex is designed to be about emotions and attachment.

.... along with rubber bedsheets, handcuffs and gatorade

js02AxleGrease.jpg
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I was out on a 'date' with this guy (who actually lived in my town) that I met on Tinder and after the date he walked me to my car and said "I'd hug you but you're in the friendzone now". I thought it was weird, but we stayed in communication as friends for about a month and then went out to dinner one night and out of the blue he just kissed me. It was pretty confusing, so I asked him if he only liked me as a friend or more than a friend - and since he never could give me a straight answer I just eventually stopped texting him back.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of men hate being friend zoned.

Only when you're trying to get some in the first place. Sex is wonderful, but there's more to life, too.

That's exactly right !

Wait.

Well, that might be correct....

I'm just having a very difficult time identifying those other things.

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I don't see the point of being friends with women if there is no possibility of a relationship, I would rather just avoid women if there is nothing I will get from the "friendship"

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Period Enthusiast
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I don't see the point of being friends with women if there is no possibility of a relationship, I would rather just avoid women if there is nothing I will get from the "friendship"

Period Enthusiast
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

You already have a bedazzled vagina so I don't understand what you could possibly want from a "friendship" with another woman.
  • KrazyDaizy
    Options
    13wdfW1swTI7GE.gif

Best.Gif.Evah
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    KrazyDaizy wrote: »
    Seriously, I'm pretty sure almost all my male friends have never thought sexually about me. That's gross. Those dudes are like my brothers.
    h8e2ikKKg7HIA.gif

I'm thinking about it right now....

Period Enthusiast
  • Escloflowne
    Options

Period Enthusiast

So you don't "get anything" out of the friendship itself? I thought what you got out of friendship was, "friendship."

Thanks for answering honestly.

I'm not a fan of people in general so...

Period Enthusiast

• Escloflowne
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

Period Enthusiast

d622d995e8d28d8160948384bfd08ce9.jpg

No need to get offended or violent just because our opinions differ....

Period Enthusiast
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    davidcliff wrote: »
    I have several good friends that are women, and I don't imagine what it would be like to sleep with any of them.

You just need to try harder.

Photoshop is your friend.
  • KrazyDaizy
    Options
    KrazyDaizy wrote: »
    Seriously, I'm pretty sure almost all my male friends have never thought sexually about me. That's gross. Those dudes are like my brothers.
    h8e2ikKKg7HIA.gif

I'm thinking about it right now....

Period Enthusiast

MJs7EYwHyG8XC.gif
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    odusgolp wrote: »

Period Enthusiast

d622d995e8d28d8160948384bfd08ce9.jpg

No need to get offended or violent just because our opinions differ....

Period Enthusiast

f4864248326fc63eeb51f45904a376e7e193a429aad6871793bbf2e15c9bc512.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think about everyone sexually.

I'm so glad we're friends

tumblr_n19y4rrbwl1rrx588o1_500.gif