The Starch Solution

Options
So I legit just watched an 1 hour video of Dr.McDougall's "The Starch Solution" video on YouTube and honestly it was a HUGE eye opener to how majority of society has turned into obesity. And how in B.C they all ate grains and stayed in shape. I'm thinking about trying this out! For those who know what I'm talking about and has tried this out, can you tell me your guys stories about it? Does it work?
If you guys haven't watched it I really suggest you do! Its real interesting.

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Going vegetarian/vegan and whatever eating style you abide by then is not by itself gonna help anyone lose weight. But it can be easier opting for "diet-friendlier" choices while veggie. o:)

I believe in counting calories but I also try not to restrict my fruit/veggie intake much at all. But my daily calorie goals are pretty flexible anyway.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I don't know.... My ancestors were northeastern European. I don't think they ate many grains up there. Some sure, but farming grass was not common.

As someone with insulin resistance, I know that diet would not work for me. Good luck with it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    If you ate like people from 2,000 years ago - including long periods of scarcity because of crop failures, etc. - and you spent all day doing physical labor like people from 2,000 years ago, you would probably lose a lot of weight.

There was nothing magical about what they ate. The secret to the lack of obesity in those days was both that the food supply was not stable enough to allow people to eat in excess for prolonged periods, and pretty much nobody was even close to sedentary because of so much manual labor.

Injecting fact, logic, and reason into a MFP thread rarely goes well.

:laugh: