Has anyone tried Phentermine?

Options
I took it years ago and lost 20 pounds in a few months however the side effects were horrible. headache,dizziness, couldn't sleep, dry mouth. it just wasn't worth it for me. yes you lose weight quick because it's in the same family as speed but I just feel it's dangerous.

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    It is dangerous- I never took it and never would.

You say you lost 20 lbs, but how long did you keep those 20 pounds off for?
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It is dangerous- I never took it and never would.

You say you lost 20 lbs, but how long did you keep those 20 pounds off for?

Maybe a few months. Lost 20 pounds in like 2 months.
  • elhamidris
    elhamidris Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I took it for 2 month, and helped me to lose 30 pounds. I stopped taking it for two month, and I lost 12 pounds. So I am back on it again for a month now, and I am down 10 pounds. My doctor told me that it is save to use for up to 6 months. It has some side effects though, like elevating blood pressure, difficulty to fall asleep, dry mouth. When you stop it you will feel hungry faster, and you may gain a little bit of weight.
  • antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have taken it off and on, it works but it also has its side effects that aren't so great... definitely helps in getting the cravings in check

I recently have been cutting and have been using sst performix its in my opinion better than phentermine, doesn't have crazy chemicals and is cheaper than what I was paying for a month of phentermine
  • antdelsa
    Options
    You will only gain the weight back if you don't use the phentermine as a tool to train yourself into better eating habits, like i said in the comment above i took it off and on and in the time i took it i lost weight, havent gained a single lb back. Its not a miracle drug, its only a tool in your bag but you can't build a house with one tool.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Why are you asking? You've tried it before, didn't have a good experience, and didn't keep the weight off. Are you considering it again? Are you warning others about what you went through?

I'm just asking and yes I posted I have used it in the past. Just a random question.
  • antdelsa
    Options
    Why are you asking? You've tried it before, didn't have a good experience, and didn't keep the weight off. Are you considering it again? Are you warning others about what you went through?

I'm just asking and yes I posted I have used it in the past. Just a random question.

I don't understand. You just started a thread asking a question about a topic that you aren't interested in pursuing? And it wasn't meant to provide help and insight to others? It was just for the sake of posting?

What's your point?....
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep, I tried it, It's evil crap!
  • antdelsa
    Options

? Evil crap... how?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »

? Evil crap... how?

I'm a tad bias, I think i copped the majority of the side effects.

3-4 hours of broken sleep a night, if i was lucky.
    Moodiness, crying at the drop of a hat, just general weirdness and was just not myself.
    Struggled to drive a car because of the constant haze i was in.

Long story short, it would have destroyed my marriage had i stayed on it.
  • antdelsa
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »

? Evil crap... how?

I'm a tad bias, I think i copped the majority of the side effects.

3-4 hours of broken sleep a night, if i was lucky.
    Moodiness, crying at the drop of a hat, just general weirdness and was just not myself.
    Struggled to drive a car because of the constant haze i was in.

Long story short, it would have destroyed my marriage had i stayed on it.

Aaaah ok i understand, yeah the sides can be brutal. The first 2 days back when i was taking it was a little rough and i had to definitely adjust but afyer some time they got manageable... did you try spliting a pill in half and taking one half in the am and the second at noon?

I get it though everyone has different experiences... i actually stopped taking it and have been using performix sst ... its soooo much better, over the counter, no crazy chemicals or sides like phentermine and is cheaper!!! Not selling you anything lol just giving an alternative i get mine from gnc
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I'm chugging along nicely just watching calories at this point. I've tried quite a few "fat burners" in my time, none of them did a thing for me, and i refuse to spend another cent on them.

I switched over to the lowest dose of phentermine which didn't make a difference. They come in capsules here so didnt want to mess around with halves, are they in tablet form in the US?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Coffee, coffee, coffee!! You don't need that junk!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yes indeedy. I only started drinking coffee this year, I've been a tea-a-holic my whole life, and a cup of coffee or two definitely gives me a nice pick me up and helps me get over the afternoon munchies.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yes indeedy. I only started drinking coffee this year, I've been a tea-a-holic my whole life, and a cup of coffee or two definitely gives me a nice pick me up and helps me get over the afternoon munchies.

I know! It's cheap and delicious:)