Fast metabolism diet

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    To the bolded, does that just mean that you poop more? If a person has trouble with regularity, the three Fs often help: fiber, fat and fluids.
    Well, wouldn't all the running back and forth to the bathroom "rev up" your metabolism? I might just try this diet.

I recommend the crohn's disease "diet" lol

Quickly dropped 35 pounds on the IBS "diet" ;-)

I lost 20lbs in 2 weeks from bmi 20 to BMI 16.7 on the crohn's diet ;)

Mine was prior to diagnosis, didn't know what was going on, I became terrified to eat because I knew it'd land me in the bathroom for a while. People would ask me what I was doing to lose the weight, I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth. Was yours before you were diagnosed or during a flare up?

@jetphan1969 Two things I found that have helped me lose weight are honesty and consistency. Honestly log what you're eating, staying within your calorie goals, and doing it ALL THE TIME. How do you plan to eat after your 4-week program is finished?
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Just another fad diet that sounds really hard to stick to anyways.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Lost me at no caffeine.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Lost me at no caffeine.

Or alcohol. What would I do for my weekend Coffee and Baileys?????
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member

@MsAmandaNJ Just prior to diagnosis though I was very very ill days away from perforating and was hospitalized straight from my colonoscopy for 34 days on TPN, etc. I was going 30+ times a day and the little I could eat went straight through me. I had ignored symptoms forever thinking it was IBS. I sustained that weight loss for 11 months post diagnosis even while on steroids and eating because of malabsorption but eventually gained it back when the meds started working and pulled out of that flare.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    The doctor I work with, who is slim, and his wife, who is also slim, started this diet. They both have lost about 10 pounds over the past few weeks. He also told his cholesterol improved. When I was talking to his wife it sounded like lots of vegetables and lean protein, but she wasn't eating gluten or dairy. I encouraged her to take a calcium supplement and make sure to get a DEXA scan to make sure her bones are strong.

I think it is very gimmicky but it seems to be working for him. As long as it is sustainable, promotes portion control, lots of vegetables, fruit, lean protein, healthy fats (nuts, avocado) and it works for you, I say go for it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    The doctor I work with, who is slim, and his wife, who is also slim, started this diet. They both have lost about 10 pounds over the past few weeks. He also told his cholesterol improved. When I was talking to his wife it sounded like lots of vegetables and lean protein, but she wasn't eating gluten or dairy. I encouraged her to take a calcium supplement and make sure to get a DEXA scan to make sure her bones are strong.

I think it is very gimmicky but it seems to be working for him. As long as it is sustainable, promotes portion control, lots of vegetables, fruit, lean protein, healthy fats (nuts, avocado) and it works for you, I say go for it.

It's not really about portion control though. It's just a variant of an elimination diet. New ideas to sell a book or ad space on a website. Eliminate enough foods (in any given day) and you don't need to be too concerned about portions.

The reason I am fat is because my portions are too big, not because I eat protein & fruit in the same day (gasp!).

Seriously an MD using this diet......I've always read that MD's had very little training in the area of nutrition.....and here's the proof.

"Slim" people are less likely to need lifestyle changes.....short temporary gimmicks for a few vanity pounds.
  • jetphan1969
    jetphan1969 Posts: 6 Member
    Just read through all of the comments and was surprised to see all of the negative comments about this diet. Its working really well in my case and I'm down a total of 8lbs in 10 days. It's funny how some people are only interested in negative comments and imposing their thoughts on something that they havent even tried. After I reach my goal I will continue to follow the basics of this diet.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Just read through all of the comments and was surprised to see all of the negative comments about this diet. Its working really well in my case and I'm down a total of 8lbs in 10 days. It's funny how some people are only interested in negative comments and imposing their thoughts on something that they havent even tried. After I reach my goal I will continue to follow the basics of this diet.

I'd be very interested in updates from you as you progress, to see what your rate of loss is on this plan vs a more traditional calorie tracking method like MFP's. And also how it goes when you transition into maintenance/maintain. Curious to see how sustainable a plan like this actually is. Please keep us updated!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

8 lbs in 10 days is not fat loss. Mostly water and waste being eliminated.

The negative comments are because this is not really different than any of the other elimination diets out there. There is a short term loss, but it is unsustainable. Too many people here have been there and done that already.
  • jetphan1969
    jetphan1969 Posts: 6 Member
    How long were you on the diet?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    8lbs in 10 days is going to be mainly water.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    This is just an elimination diet that provides the end user a calorie deficit. The "fast metabolism" portion of the name is 100% there for marketing.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    This is just an elimination diet that provides the end user a calorie deficit. The "fast metabolism" portion of the name is 100% there for marketing.

This.

The negative comments you're seeing are from people who have learned from experience that falling for marketing isn't a sustainable path to lasting weight loss.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member

8 lbs in 10 days is not fat loss. Mostly water and waste being eliminated.

The negative comments are because this is not really different than any of the other elimination diets out there. There is a short term loss, but it is unsustainable. Too many people here have been there and done that already.

^^^ This....
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    edited December 2016
    Just read through all of the comments and was surprised to see all of the negative comments about this diet. Its working really well in my case and I'm down a total of 8lbs in 10 days.
    Water weight which will come back when you stop the diet....

It's funny how some people are only interested in negative comments and imposing their thoughts on something that they havent even tried..
    Big assumption. Take a moment to read the comments in a non defensive manner. There is valuable information there, you might learn something...
    After I reach my goal I will continue to follow the basics of this diet.
    This is not a sustainable diet so you will likely not continue to follow it...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    8lbs in 10 days is going to be mainly water.

This. And some muscle, too.

That equates to 28,000 calories less than maintenance in 10 days. That is a 2,800 calorie deficit per day.

That physically impossible unless your maintenance is much higher than 2,800 calories, which is likely not the case unless you are morbidly obese or a very muscular and active athlete.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I read the first part of this book. Luckily, I don't remember much about it - just that she obviously either had no clue what she was talking about, or that she was intentionally lying to/misleading readers.

Likely both. That's the standard template for this type of scam. People who write these books have a marketing focus first and foremost. The "fitness and health" part is just the tool they chose.