IT'S CHRISSTMAASS!!! What are your diet plans?

Options
123457»

Replies

• hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat everything and enjoy myself for the last part of 2016! Then it's strict January cleanse.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Diet break starts today. and I feel mentally ready for a break after nearly four months of being very disciplined.

No logging. No massive blow-outs - I don't really do that much anyway. I'll be away with relatives, so I'll be eating more than I do to lose.

Traditional roast turkey and trimmings on Christmas day, see the New Year in, probably a champagne breakfast and a family party on NYD.

Rather a lot of booze spread out over the next week and a half, and lots of walking in Scotland, weather permitting.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat everything and enjoy myself for the last part of 2016! Then it's strict January cleanse.

What are you cleansing?
  • mhdashler
    mhdashler Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I will continue to watch what I eat everyday except Christmas Day. I'm not going to splurge on that day, but I am not going to count my calories or be too careful with what I eat either.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    subakwa wrote: »
    What's fascinating in this thread are the differences in what is "traditional" Christmas food depending on where folk are. I am playing guess the location by what people are eating (or avoiding).
    I'm a little stressed being unable to cook, can you tell?

Roasting a chicken is absolutely foolproof. Basically its just... Put it in oven and turn it on. Ok you can do lots of things to improve on that, but that will still be tasty.
    Unlike turkey (huge dry hulk of cardboard that you have to add flavour and moisture to), chicken is moist and flavoursome (unless you buy battery farmed rubbish). So hard to get wrong. Roast spuds too are easy. Roast pan, oil, splosh them about in this bath, and bang in oven. If you use a dry frier you can use luxury big cholesterol fat because its just a spoonful for the lot. (Goose is good) (coconut is weird but silky and nice.)

It's that I can't get access to the oven/stove. I had to change my holiday cookies to things I could make in a single sauce pan or microwave in a bowl because the ILs were using the oven all day. Same will be happening tomorrow through to Sunday. Oven will constantly be in use and on Xmas day, the entire stove will be off limits, too. I've been eating salads, sammiches, microwave meals, and take-out this last week and will continue for the next 5-6 days. My ILs do not understand the kindergarten concept of "sharing".
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm going to loosen up on the maintenance. There are too many delicious items at the many holiday gatherings over the season. I will continue to walk and go to the gym four times a week. Back to a more strict observance of CICO on January 1st.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm a little more lax with my intake but I do Insanity daily and eat normally outside of special events
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of going to maintenance. I've been really tracking well for two months and gone over only once or twice on my allowances, but I'm losing and things are working so even though I'm dying to get my eat on I'm still in two minds.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The thing I'm looking forward to most is the cheeseboard. God, I'd do time for a nice selection of cheese.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Christmas morning we have a 'wife saver' casserole for breakfast (bread, ham, eggs, red and green peppers, onions), with fresh berries and whipped cream on the side. We usually skip lunch entirely, but anyone who's hungry can forage if they like.

Later in the afternoon when the dinner guests arrive, there's alway some munchies - shrimp, cheese and crackers, hors d'ouevres and homemade cookies.

Dinner is the traditional roasted turkey with apple sausage stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, a steamed broccoli/cauliflower veggie dish with cheese, cranberries, and dinner rolls.

Desert is usually a Yule Log and more cookies along with whatever my guests bring, with coffee, tea or hot chocolate.

Edited to add: Oh, and liqueurs. :)
  • NeuronsNeuronsNeurons
    Options
    This is the plan: I'm allowing myself a budget of 3,500 extra calories for Christmas. I'm logging everything and doing twice the cardio which works out well and gets me out of the house and away from the in-laws for a few hours :smiley: 1,000 extra this Friday and 2,500 extra on actual Christmas Day. For the 5 days before and after I have/will log a place holder of 300 calories to compensate for the splurge so I plan to lose more weight than normal (with the extra workouts) by New Years! (that's the plan anyway).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I try not to stuff myself crazy but honestly I'm past driving myself nuts just for a couple days (we do Christmas Eve too). I'll try to stick to maintenance and probably fail, but whatever.

But really, my big thing is not wasting calories on things I don't care about. Veggies can go to hell at Christmas, I'll save the calories for a cookie. And keep exercising (which I have failed miserably this week so far because I'm too sore from lifting weights and wasn't even able to move yesterday).
  • NeuronsNeuronsNeurons
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Veggies can go to hell at Christmas, I'll save the calories for a cookie.
    this struck me as hilarious! I have been eating way too many vegetables and chicken breasts this past month.

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Bad timing for me. I just set my weight loss goal to take off some un-wanted gained weight. However I am realist & know I will be over my calories for a few days. Then its back to a deficit...
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Christmas Eve supper with extended family. Little bites (meatballs, mini muffin tin dressing, bacon wrapped asparagus, cheese and crackers, with dessert(s), of course.

Christmas Day dinner will be just my immediate family. Turkey breast, roasted veggies, dressing. Leftover dessert?

But I'm ISO of a soft baked gingerbread cookie (for myself). Why does no one sell them?! Grr...
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Christmas Eve supper with extended family. Little bites (meatballs, mini muffin tin dressing, bacon wrapped asparagus, cheese and crackers, with dessert(s), of course.

Christmas Day dinner will be just my immediate family. Turkey breast, roasted veggies, dressing. Leftover dessert?

But I'm ISO of a soft baked gingerbread cookie (for myself). Why does no one sell them?! Grr...

Cookies! I baked Soft Molasses Biscotti (RandiNoelle, you would love these), Spritz, Russian Tea Cakes, Cherry Macaroons, Fudge, Rum Balls, Chocolate chip cookies, Maple Walnut Bars, and Sugar and Spice Walnuts. I cut back on the baking this year :D

Most will be given away, but I will eat a few every day until Jan. 2.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    OMG I have completely abused the back end out of this diet!
    I had taken ages to lose 2 stone and now over a few Christmas days have gone on a hedonistic indulgence splurge. I would not be surprised if I'd put that weight back on. At moment I am neither weighing, not counting calories. I'm looking at the long goal though. I feel emotionally pumped for indulging my every craved depraved food whim, but my body feels bloated, hot, headached, and fatty. I'm actually looking forward to going back to the diet. That alone has got to be good though.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Put on 11lb in a few days. Went way off the rails. Happy I did so though, because I had a marvellous time and my body actually WANTS to return to the diet after such hedonistic abuse. More importantly though, my mind does too. A few minor indiscretions yet to commit. Left over turkey and chinese noodles etc coming up. Maybe a halfway healthy leftover stew too, but no binging. I will maybe put on another lb. Then some seriously healthy food from the 1st.
    Strange as it may seem, I don't see this as a negative turn. It has really placed me in control of something I felt at the whim of. I now feel I own my health choices and I choose health, mobility, happiness without needing it orally, and life to see my baby girls grow.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I ate some of everything on the Christmas lunch menu, but other than the first three courses I didn't clear my plates. It was all very tasty but the portions were huuuuuuge! They kept the cheese and biscuits in the kitchen for me, and I had some of that for a late supper.

I had a couple of half-bottles of Prosecco with lunch Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and on Christmas Eve I'd been thoroughly reaquainted with my old friend "Ron" (Bacardi) in the hotel bar.

All in all, totally worth the extra 2.2lb showing on the scales today and I daresay that's going to increase as I plough my way through the boxes of chocs here at home, although I'm going to take some over to the Food Bank later.
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Nice.