Just tried my fist quest bar

Options

Replies

• Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    After Quest changed their formula I switched over to MusclePharm Combat Crunch bars. They're so much better.
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Quest Mint Chocolate warmed in the microwave! I definitely prefer to warm the chocolate flavors, but not the others.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I stick with Epic meat bars - https://www.epicbar.com/ - and Rise Almond Honey Whey bars - https://risebar.com/shop/protein-bars/almond-honey-protein-bars-2/

Quest always seemed like flavored sawdust to me.

Just my opinion.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Quest bars are OK in my opinion but nothing special.

Grenade carbkilla bars are the best ones I've ever had. 30 seconds in the microwave makes them even better!

I'll +1 that.

Cookies and Cream, Choc fudge Brownie, and Caramel Chaos tried and given the seal of approval so far.

Quest - tried a few and didn't enjoy (Strawberries and Cram, one of the peanut butter type ones, and a Chocolate type one)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I've personally never understood the obsession with Quest bars...they're just meh IMO...as are any of those bars. I keep Cliff Bars on hand for taking hiking or when I need something in a pinch, but it's definitely not some kind of go to snack...I'd rather just eat something good.

I use both, quite often. Clif Bars are a pre-workout/carb refeed staple for me, and Quest tends to be my random "I need to fill in some macros" bar.

As for Clif: those Cool Mint Bars are the devil. I could eat those things by the box.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    daltontf wrote: »
    I like Costco Kirkland protein bars. I've heard Quest bars are a lot like them. There are only two flavors Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

The Costco bars are like Quest bars used to be. I love them!

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Just got a box of the Costco bars and I hate them.
    Tried a Quest once, not too fond of the texture and cost prohibitive.

My go to bars;
    Smart for Life 20g,
    Cliff Builder (mint) 20g,
    Pure Protein 15g,
    Premier Protein (mint) 30g
    Cliff white chocolate and macadamia 9g
    The Simple Bar 16g.

Yup I have a protein bar drawer instead of a treat drawer- I like variety.

Cheers, h.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    They have to be heated up--then they are good. Otherwise, it's like eating chewing gum.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I've personally never understood the obsession with Quest bars...they're just meh IMO...as are any of those bars. I keep Cliff Bars on hand for taking hiking or when I need something in a pinch, but it's definitely not some kind of go to snack...I'd rather just eat something good.

I use both, quite often. Clif Bars are a pre-workout/carb refeed staple for me, and Quest tends to be my random "I need to fill in some macros" bar.

As for Clif: those Cool Mint Bars are the devil. I could eat those things by the box.

Truer words have never been spoken. Or typed, in this case. At 270 Cals - IIRC - I need to stay away from those, except when I'm bulking.

Regarding Quest bars: I've never been a fan of either the tastes (chocolate something, peanut butter something, cookies 'n' cream are what I've tried) or the texture.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate chunk is my favourite Quest bar! I microwave them for 10 seconds which makes them gooey and soft.
    Do you guys have Ratio 6:1 protein bars in the US? The choc/peanut butter flavour is leaps and bounds ahead of Quest, so damn delicious.

21rh1bgf3bgk.jpg
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I find quest bars inedible. They are disgusting.

If I need a bar of any type I grab a larabar. Not my most favorite snack in the world, but they do the trick if nothing else is avaliable.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I remember having a few quest bars and they were amazing. I waited months to get one on sale again, and they were disgusting.

The chocolate mint flavor is alright. But I only know this because I found some marked down well under $1. Worth the risk when that cheap.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I tried the Quest chocolate brownie bar, and had to spit it out.

The same thing happened with another brand of protein bar.

I gave up protein bars after that. Stupid brofad, IMHO.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I like the apple pie ones but recently tried the Think Thin 20gram protein lemon, yummmmm! !!!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I used to love Quest bars until they changed the ingredients, now I think they are seriously gross.

Ditto. But even then... bleh. Just can't find a protein bar I really love (I used to love the soft baked pure protein bars but they were available for maybe 3 months).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I find quest bars inedible. They are disgusting.

If I need a bar of any type I grab a larabar. Not my most favorite snack in the world, but they do the trick if nothing else is avaliable.

I love those little Lara Bar bites they came out with. The chocolate cherry ones are like crack to me.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you have extras, try cutting the bar and baking it into cookies before throwing them away. You may like them better.

Quest Bar Cookies
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    All of the Quest bars are somewhat nasty to me. They are too gummy/chewy/processed. Granted, they have the best macros out there for low calories, high fiber, and high protein. They are also just about as expensive as any others out there. Look around for some 'baked' or 'layered' protein bars. Some will have more sugar, less fiber, but usually will have the same amount of protein. Some might be higher in calories, but many aren't bad. My favorites were always the 'Fit Crunch' by Robert Irvine. There are two sizes if you can find them, snack size which I think was around 190 calories and 16 grams of protein or 300+ calories for 30 grams of protein. I've actually moved away from eating them myself once I hit maintenance because I can afford some extra calories and there's no need for me to spend the money on them now. I used to eat them for a mid-morning snack to bump up my protein intake but now I just make myself a healthy version of a sausage/egg mcmuffin with a low calorie muffin, a fried egg, and some turkey sausage and a slice of cheese. Comes in around 400 calories for up to 25g of protein depending on the type of sausage I use.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    All of the Quest bars are somewhat nasty to me. They are too gummy/chewy/processed. Granted, they have the best macros out there for low calories, high fiber, and high protein. They are also just about as expensive as any others out there. Look around for some 'baked' or 'layered' protein bars. Some will have more sugar, less fiber, but usually will have the same amount of protein. Some might be higher in calories, but many aren't bad. My favorites were always the 'Fit Crunch' by Robert Irvine. There are two sizes if you can find them, snack size which I think was around 190 calories and 16 grams of protein or 300+ calories for 30 grams of protein. I've actually moved away from eating them myself once I hit maintenance because I can afford some extra calories and there's no need for me to spend the money on them now. I used to eat them for a mid-morning snack to bump up my protein intake but now I just make myself a healthy version of a sausage/egg mcmuffin with a low calorie muffin, a fried egg, and some turkey sausage and a slice of cheese. Comes in around 400 calories for up to 25g of protein depending on the type of sausage I use.

FitCrunch are legitimately the most delicious and best textured bars on the market. I need to order some of the new cinnamon ones to try them, as they appear to be a limited time thing.

As mentioned though, they are 380 kcal for the full sized bars, so a pretty big bomb in that area. Most of that is from the fat content though, which is what makes a baked bar so good, imo. I have never had a high fat (18-20+g) protein bar that wasn't delicious, but it can be hard to justify dem kcals, even when I am bulking.
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've ordered a few protein bars and cookies (after reading reviews) but I've disliked all of them. Thankfully I ordered singles instead of a box. I was so hyped when ordering them too :(.