So.... how much did you consume on Christmas day

Options

Replies

• healthybearey
    healthybearey Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Probably like 5000 calories lol!! But, its one day out of a year - so not too fussed! And am already back to focussing on loosing weight again :)
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't have a clue about calories or macros for that past few days. The fire station was a constant stream of people bringing us cookies and candy and donuts, and thankfully some sandwiches. The house was full of leftovers including more pies, etc.

I began my new WOE and exercise on JAN 1, 2016 so a few days of indulging out of 365 aren't going to bother me. But, now the holidays are over and I'm going back to food tracking and going back running again today.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Too much ethnic dishes. Gained +1.2 temp pounds. Back on track today. Christmas leftover= large bowl of untouched salad lol
  • kailykailyg9284
    kailykailyg9284 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1,800 probably
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Christmas isn't generally a massive feast day in my family...yes, we get together and enjoy a nice dinner as a family, but it's hardly anything like Thanksgiving.

My wife made a nice breakfast casserole with eggs and croissants and sweet Italian sausage...we ate that and drank coffee and watched to kids open their presents. We didn't really do lunch as we had appetizers of cold smoked salmon and bacon wrapped scallops out to nibble on. I made a nice ham with sauteed green beans, roasted mushrooms, and mashed potatoes for dinner.

If I had to guess, it wasn't really much, if anything more than a regular day.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    As the title says.... did anyone track if so, what was your input?
    I consumed 2,100 which is over my 1560 allowance ( but it's Christmas) and I walked and burned 274 but ate that bavk

2406 calories. Normal goal 1810. And absolutely no time to burn any exercise calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    1273, stayed under my calorie limit, now my sodium intake was a different story.....lol

@Cerealsensei You're a man, and it's Christmas and you ate 1273 calories?

Miracles happen lol. But honestly compared to previous years we didnt have a big dinner and since ive been eating healthier i dont have the same desire to pig out like i used to

I hope you don't regularly eat so little.

Normally im between 1200-1600

Wow. Did MFP tell you to eat so little?

My max is 1850, but i have been thinking for awhile that i should start eating a bigger breakfast. Sometimes my mornings are hard to get through because i eat a small breakfast and then end up pretty hungry again once i get to work.

If MFP tells you to eat 1850 that's a GOAL. You really need to fuel your body. I'm 51, menopausal, and I eat more than you. Just sayin.

Same here - I'm 50, perimenopausal, 5'6", and always eat more than 1600 calories, let alone 1200. However, I do use a digital food scale and the recipe builder, and have a high degree of confidence in the calories I'm consuming when eating at home, which is the vast majority of the time.

I had at least 2500 calories yesterday.
  • Eleniala
    Eleniala Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I worked two double shifts over Christmas, so staying within my normal calorie goal wasn't a challenge. However, I had the MOST VIVID dream about going to a holiday gathering with a huge buffet and pigging out like nobody's business. I woke up thinking I had just undone about a month worth of dieting...and I can't tell you how relieved I was to realize that it was just a dream!! Pheew! The initial shock aside, it was kinda awesome to get to "enjoy" all my favorite foods and treats without having to pay the price on the scale. :)
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    only 150-200cal.above my goal yesterday.i had been creating the recipes all week, so i knew exactly how much i can eat .i had a bit extra because it was awesome and that's why i went over. tomorrow will be another big day, but i'm not worried either. first i'll create the recipe, then i will calculate how much awesome food i can eat.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,997 Member
    Options
    I didn't even break 3k this year, compared to over 5k last year. Huh.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just did an average from December 11 - 25. I ended up 700 calories over maintenance.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Didn't log but definitely not enough compared to my goal. Plus I'm down in weight today and I'm trying to gain. Boy am I failing if I can't even retain Christmas water weight. Oh well :/
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Food, probably well within TDEE. Alcohol, not so much!

Egg nog is practically a protein shake, right??

I still can't believe how many calories one serving of egg nog has, it's like a whole meal in itself lol.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I logged, but as I was not at home for my meals, except breakfast and late snack, I'm pretty certain something was left out ... I ate sweets, so that in itself put me way over my allowances for the day. But ... as my niece related her doctor told her when she saw him a week ago ... 'eat without guilt these last 2 weeks of the year, but come January 1, make certain you are back on your meal plan'. ... sound like good advice to me.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I log every day anyway, but in particular I think logging on days like thanksgiving, Christmas, or really any day when I over indulge is important to help with perspective.

For both the 24th and 25th I ended up at about 2900 cals for the day (totally rough estimates). I'm in maintenance and my TDEE is about 2200. With some planned calories banked earlier in the week I ended up being in a weekly calorie surplus of just about 1000 calories. That's not even half pound of fat gain. And I ate plenty, indulged in both food and drink, but was not miserably stuffed either day.

I think it is really important to see those numbers and remember that even if I were 3500 cals above maintenance, that's only 1 lb! Maybe some initial water weight gain but totally temporary.

All the posts from people who didn't eat foods they love because they were so scared of derailing their progress or who are beating themselves up today because they did indulge just need to take a deep breath and keep those numbers in mind. I totally respect the "I'm eating whatever I want and not logging today because it's Christmas" mindset, but I think seeing the numbers and knowing how little true damage you can do in a day or two of holiday eating is reassuring and makes it easier to get back on track.

Now pass the leftovers!

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. But I do know I'm drinking a lot of them. I got a beautiful, giant bottle of Grey Goose and crystal martini glasses, a new martini shaker, and cheese stuffed olives. This thing isn't going to drink itself, lol.

*sniff* that's beautiful :)

Right? It was from my mother in law, too. I cried, as she told me she sees how I do so much for her (she has several health issues, and I help her daily). She told me I deserve to feel like and be treated like a Queen. This was a big deal.
  • Snowdusk
    Snowdusk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    About 1600 , pretty happy :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Several thousand. Enjoyed every single one.
  • myfightsong88
    myfightsong88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Roughly 2,400. Normal is 1360. Could have been a lot worse!