1235»

Replies

• jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Some of my family's favorite things to do with zucchini:

Raw "noodles" (with a spiralizer) with fresh tomato sauce or pesto

Zucchini hummus: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/zucchini-hummus/detail.aspx

Zucchini and chickpea stew (zucchini, onion, chick peas, canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning, & garlic)

Zucchini, chick pea and potato curry

Marinated in Italian dressing and grilled (esp. as part of kebobs)

Fajita filling (with onions & peppers)

Spice Soup (ripe bell peppers, onions, zuchini strips, cooked in a spicy broth with rice)
  • melaniekassab
    melaniekassab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grill it up with a little bit of olive oil and low sodium seasoning like Mrs Dash or lite salt, pepper and fresh herbs...Yummy!
  • Macoga
    Macoga Posts: 1
    Options
    grill it, with a little olive oil and whaterver spice you like. or grill one side, filp and add a slice of tomato (also in season) a little spice (of your choice) and some shredded cheese...continue grilling until cheese melts and serve immediately. makes a nice hors'de vours or even a main suumer dish
  • misty_meadows15
    Options
    Well you can try grilling it. Or.. putting it into a pasta salad type thing.. My aunt grates it up with some carrots and puts it in meatloaf, it's delicious! But you could also make some Zucchini muffins, those are good too. :)
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Zucchini brownies! They taste wonderfully moist. There are tons of recipes available online, many fat free. I've never done one that the kids and adults didn't love.

Zucchini quiche or omelet! Many recipes out there too.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I cook it the Egyptian way. Cut in slices and cook with lots of canned chopped tomatoes/ fresh tomato sauce, chopped onions, bell peppers and any spices/salt/pepper you like(I use salt, pepper, paprika powder, garlic and curry powder) Serve with rice. You can also put cooked meat inside this.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all these suggestions! Thanks for sharing! Every time I have a new batch of zucchini I just pop on here and decide what to try next