Did cup size reduce

Options

Replies

• SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sure have! I've lost about 35lbs and I went from a 38C to a 36B...not very busty and they are just not super cute now :( LOL
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight (234) I was barely squeezing into a 38D, now at 155 I'm more like a 36B/C. I wish I hadn't lost them :(
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a DD to a large D in a little over a month and 7 pounds lost.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oh my not a stupid question at all. I used to be a size 36 DD+ my breast where hanging out of my bra (.at 157 lbs) now im wearing size 34 D. (122 lbs) big loss.
  • Hookah
    Hookah Posts: 1
    Options
    nearly a C..then started losing weight...so back down to a 36B..and now i fit in my 34 A cup 8th grade bra that i recently found. Im a junior in high school. lol but im still happy with my body now
  • jea1668
    jea1668 Posts: 32
    Options
    Yes you can lose both cup and around band size! also, just remember that (when trying bras on) you can go up a cup size if you drop a band size or something like that :) one good thing to look up :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but as many of you who lost weight you loose inches in your breast due to your back getting smaller etc but did you also reduce your cup size?

Yes, but band size and cup size sort of leapfrogged. I'd lose a band size, go up a cupsize, then go down a cup size. Then start over again. So I apparently lose fat from around my ribcage before the breasts themselves, then from the breasts. I kept bouncing from DDD to DD. Ended up at 34DD, down from 40DDD.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hideously i'm losing from the bust so the cup size is going down or it would except my band size isn't going down and i can't get a bra in a smaller cup size to go with my band size. So i am stuck with ill fitting bra.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I hope so!! Ive lost 49lb so far and haven't noticed a difference yet but I was a C cup before I had kids and now Im a DDD and would like to lose some of it lol.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    when i started MFP i was wearing a 36DD then i went to a 36 D, now {i need new bras!}, a 34DD it's portioning... i'm still a DD just a smaller one but my 36D bra's fit they just twist and turn because the band is too big.
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    No. I have lost in the band. I was a 36DD now I am a 34DD. Everything else has gotten smaller by several inches...my boobs are still giant.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Of course your cup size is going to drop as your body sheds fat. The breast is a mass of glandular, fatty, and fibrous tissues positioned over the pectoral muscles of the chest wall and attached to the chest wall by fibrous strands. A layer of fatty tissue surrounds the breast glands and extends throughout the breast. The fatty tissue gives the breast its soft consistency.

It's basic anatomy. Its sad how little women know and understand their own bodies.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Of course your cup size is going to drop as your body sheds fat. The breast is a mass of glandular, fatty, and fibrous tissues positioned over the pectoral muscles of the chest wall and attached to the chest wall by fibrous strands. A layer of fatty tissue surrounds the breast glands and extends throughout the breast. The fatty tissue gives the breast its soft consistency.

It's basic anatomy. Its sad how little women know and understand their own bodies.

It's not as simple an issue as breast being largely comprised of fat.

Most women are wearing the wrong size bra in the first place, wearing too large a band and too small a cup size. Since many women who want to lose weight aren't that keen on shopping, they're wearing old stretched-out bras that further confuse them on what their true size would be if the bra fit correctly. As an example, my mom thought she was a 38 D. She hadn't brought bras in YEARS. She was actually a 44C. So she didn't lose a cup size by losing weight, she lost a cup size and went up 3 band sizes simply by replacing her worn out bras and being properly fitted. Many women, however, go down a band size and up a cup size without any weight change once they are properly fitted for a bra. They may have never been proeprly fitted before losing a lot of weight, so they may not percieve themselves to have lost a cup size. Make sense?

Do you understand how bras are fitted? Cup size is determined mainly by the difference in measurement between the ribcage and the fullest part of the breast. Your back and your breasts can maintain the same difference in measurement all through your weight loss, meaning that although your breasts are indeed smaller, you wear the same cup size that you did before embarking on a diet or increased your exercise.

So don't assume that women asking this question are ignorant of their own anatomy. We'll try not make assumptions about you, either.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I went from an F cup to a D cup so it did for me
  • RubyHearts
    RubyHearts Posts: 67
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds went from a full D to a small C now
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately big boobs are just in my genes. I have been "fitted" for a bra at my highest and was a 40i. Just a week ago at 95 pounds down, I was fitted again. Of course my band size has decreased to a 36, but sadly my cup size has stayed about the same, as I am up to a KK (it actually could/should have an L, but we found a great full coverage bra and decided to go down in the cup).
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    from a 38C to a 34A. but I never had boobs before I was fat so I didn't expect to keep them. And the benefit to never having had large ones is they don't sag much at all, nothing left to sag :)
  • BonLou76
    BonLou76 Posts: 36
    Options
    Well I've only lost half an inch in my chest so far on this journey but the last time I lost weight (60 lbs) I did not lose cup size (went from 44DD to 40DD). We'll see what happens this time lol. I'm sure it's different for everyone. Good luck!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey, well if I lose a cup size or more, then I guess I'll not have to wear bras so much anymore.
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your body. Mine did not shrink all that much in past, but you never know this time around! At my lowest weight (140ish) I was a standard 36-DD and at my heaviest (190ish) I was a full 38-DD.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!