Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Four dollars?! If I ever get to a position where I need packed lunches again, I want one! :)

Yes! Not sure where you live but I got him from GameStop. Online they are still crazy expensive but for whatever reason, when I was in one of the stores waiting on hubby, I found several of them for $4. Here is the link for online but like I said, a LOT more expensive. http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/star-wars-r2-d2-bento-lunch-box-star-wars-r2-d2-bento-box/135019

I was so excited about finding him that I got a friend one too who I recently introduced bentos to. :lol:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's EB Games here in Canada now and their website doesn't show it, but then again the US site claims it's "only available on GameStop.com" so who knows! I'll have to pop in and take a look around my local store. :)

(And now I want the Millennium Falcon kite that was shown on the same page... *sigh* One day I shall have the money to buy all the things!)
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I know think-geek has one, but it certainly isn't $4. Want it I do, but bleep bloop bleep money :'(
  • ivygirl1937
    Options
    Man, now I wish I could run back to the store and buy you both one!! I'm fairly certain they are gone now but I may check this weekend just to be sure....
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I want one! I may or may not need to bring a lunch some days now that I got a promotion...
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Heh... @ivygirl1937 you'll be taking orders for shipping at this rate...! ;)

Oh, and congrats on your promotion, @WindSparrow !! :)
  • ivygirl1937
    Options
    :lol: I know!!! I maybe should have thought that through!!! :tongue: I haven't had a chance to even go back yet so no idea if they have any more. Probably not but I'll still look.

@WindSparrow, congratulations on your promotion!!!!
  • Amal_Habibti
    Amal_Habibti Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Looks good!
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Aw, thank you everybody.
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This thread is so quiet.
  • cside691
    cside691 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know I need motivation please can people post photos. Thanks
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DSC_0101.jpg

Soooo I've definitely been a long time lurker. It seems the thread has died for a while. I used to make bento for a whole when I had to bring lunch to work over a year ago. To get back into my healthy lifestyle I decided to again. Buuutttt this is tonight's dinner. Last one for 2016!

Vegetarian Ramen! The broth is a miso base with creamy almond milk and black garlic oil (seriously amazing!) The toppings are corn, peas, shiitaki mushrooms (that I used to make the dashi), car shaped egg, carrot slices, and "chicken" strips. I'm a vegetarian so this was quite the venture into new territory for me. I've always had meat based broths. Surprisingly not bad :)
  • mangrothian
    Options
    mmm, my bento-ing has certainly been lacking recently. I do make them quite a few days of the week for work, but generally I just forget to post photos >.< That and my work schedule eats into a lot of time, so I'm not on the forums as much as I was.

I'm back to work in a couple of weeks, so hopefully a more regularly scheduled broadcast will happen then :D
  • mangrothian
    Options
    salemnye wrote: »
    DSC_0101.jpg

Soooo I've definitely been a long time lurker. It seems the thread has died for a while. I used to make bento for a whole when I had to bring lunch to work over a year ago. To get back into my healthy lifestyle I decided to again. Buuutttt this is tonight's dinner. Last one for 2016!

Vegetarian Ramen! The broth is a miso base with creamy almond milk and black garlic oil (seriously amazing!) The toppings are corn, peas, shiitaki mushrooms (that I used to make the dashi), car shaped egg, carrot slices, and "chicken" strips. I'm a vegetarian so this was quite the venture into new territory for me. I've always had meat based broths. Surprisingly not bad :)

Yum, I've seen vege ramen recipes with soy, but never almond milk before (Tip: boil your eggs for a couple of mins less; the grey ring around the yolk signals an overcooked egg ;) )
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Yum, I've seen vege ramen recipes with soy, but never almond milk before (Tip: boil your eggs for a couple of mins less; the grey ring around the yolk signals an overcooked egg ;) )

Lol, I actually like my eggs cooked like that. I hate runny yokes D:

Yeah I actually was modifying a recipe I found on Youtube ^^. I try not to eat too many soy products because of the isoflavones, which are chemically similar to estrogen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmJ9bV9XvUY

Btw, is your picture from Kiss him not me? I recently binged that show and it looks like the main character.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've not logged in here for quite a while now, as I'm expecting my first baby in April and was struggling with actually keeping anything down let alone eating too much for quite some time XD

The appetite is back now and I have become rather partial to cake and biscuits, so I'm going to return to Bentoing in an attempt to give this poor baby some vitamins and protein. Will see what I can whip up with tonight's leftovers :)
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ltjodlr5nry8.jpg

Well it's a start! Left over torterlini in tomato sauce on the bottom, with pickled gherkins, carrots, and my homemade sweet corn relish on top. A miso soup to go with it. At least having this in my bag will stop me having a packet of Jamie Dodgers for lunch, hopefully...
  • mangrothian
    Options
    I've not logged in here for quite a while now, as I'm expecting my first baby in April and was struggling with actually keeping anything down let alone eating too much for quite some time XD

The appetite is back now and I have become rather partial to cake and biscuits, so I'm going to return to Bentoing in an attempt to give this poor baby some vitamins and protein. Will see what I can whip up with tonight's leftovers :)

Congratulations! I have a gf at the moment who was actually lighter at 5 months than she was when she first became pregnant, and watching her try to eat was so painful.

@salemnye I wasn't suggesting at all to have the yolk runny, but hard boiled eggs can be overboiled, which is what the grey ring around the yolk signifies. Then again, if it doesn't bother you, then it doesn't matter :D

I was given a really nice rice cooker for Chrissie, so I'm totally looking forward to getting back to work just for my bentos!
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Back at work.... bento time!!
    I made two identical bentos for Monday & Tuesday this week.

Beef bulgogi meatballs, cumin rice with an umeboshi & diced veg (frozen and prechopped) mixed with some garlic, ginger and kewpie (446Cal) The little bags above are home made instant oat packets for brekkie (296cal without milk)
    jd9yer1zcswx.jpg