P90X

Options

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I tried cardio x last night... Boy, do I feel it everywhere!!! I have volleyball tonight, and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. :happy: I'm really excited about this program, but feel like a major wimp on some of the moves. It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one feeling ungraceful!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Give Core Syn. one more time and you will be hooked. I love that one.

My hubby can't lift his legs straight for pfeifer scissors either it is funny!

My hubby can't get his legs straight either. It is funny! But he's getting better, when he started he could barely get 10 done and now he can do them! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I tried cardio x last night... Boy, do I feel it everywhere!!! I have volleyball tonight, and I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. :happy: I'm really excited about this program, but feel like a major wimp on some of the moves. It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one feeling ungraceful!!

Good for you! Keep at it, it does get better (I won't say *easier*, but better! :wink: ).
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    Hi all...just started day 1 of week 4 on P90X last night!! My wife decided to join me this time. We did Yoga X (I hate Yoga!), and it actually wasn't AS bad as it's been! It's amazing what you can do when your significant other is watching. :love:

Hey Branson's!! I can't tell you guys enough how much I enjoyed your blogs!! In fact, Jeremy has actually given me inspiration to "press on"! Give him my thanks! I even began my own blog...which I've never done before. Who knows how long I'll actually keep it going!! :tongue:

Keep pressing on everyone!

So glad you're enjoying the blogs... Jeremy is the computer hog at home so he always posts sooner than I do! Ha! I'll definitely give him your thanks and I'll check out your blog as soon as I can!

You were cracking me up when you wrote "it's amazing what you can do when your significant other is watching!" The other day during Yoga, Jeremy got tickled and he kept making the both of us fall out of poses because once he starts laughing, it's all over for me.:laugh: Good luck with Core today, it kicked my rear end!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Stretch day for me... yippee! Feeling a bit sore today so the stretching will feel great.

It is such a cold, snowy/icy day here. Normally on a day like this I would make a big pot of chicken and noodles, some mashed potatoes and rolls. I can almost taste it!! But no, Jeremy will be out in the freezing cold like last night grilling away. Ugh. Whatever we make is always yummy, but I miss the love from good 'ol comfort food.
  • geo1177
    geo1177 Posts: 32
    Options
    Alright, I'm restarting P90x. Got caught up with too many things but now I'm simplifying. This time I'm holding myself accountable by posting here and probably on the p90x forums. Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X today. And just to let you guys know that ab ripper x is killer. lol. Cheers to 90 days of 'good' pain.:drinker: Wish me luck and much success to everyone.
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm restarting P90x. Got caught up with too many things but now I'm simplifying. This time I'm holding myself accountable by posting here and probably on the p90x forums. Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X today. And just to let you guys know that ab ripper x is killer. lol. Cheers to 90 days of 'good' pain.:drinker: Wish me luck and much success to everyone.

Hey! Welcome back! I too was getting caught up in trying to do too much, and not focusing enough on what I ws doing with P90xX! I was getting "out of my groove". :ohwell: But then I got caught up on reading this forum, and was re-encouraged! Keep up with everyone, and let us know how you're doing! Great to have you back!:drinker:
  • kenewayne
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Stretch day for me... yippee! Feeling a bit sore today so the stretching will feel great.

It is such a cold, snowy/icy day here. Normally on a day like this I would make a big pot of chicken and noodles, some mashed potatoes and rolls. I can almost taste it!! But no, Jeremy will be out in the freezing cold like last night grilling away. Ugh. Whatever we make is always yummy, but I miss the love from good 'ol comfort food.

Thanks for the comments on my blog Christina! Good job with the "crane"!! Cold and snowy here today as well. Jeremy is going to have to share some of those "grilling" secrets with us one day!!

Last night my wife and I were introduced to "Core Synergistics"....I love yoga!

Keep it up everyone!!
  • geo1177
    geo1177 Posts: 32
    Options

Hey! Welcome back! I too was getting caught up in trying to do too much, and not focusing enough on what I ws doing with P90xX! I was getting "out of my groove". :ohwell: But then I got caught up on reading this forum, and was re-encouraged! Keep up with everyone, and let us know how you're doing! Great to have you back!:drinker:
    Thanks! Yeah I'll be keeping up this time and and to make sure I'm blogging and posting everyday. I already lost 9 pounds, but I'm sticking to p90x for these 90 days to see some real results.
  • cjbranson
    Options

That's awesome that you've decided to give P90X another go. I know this time you'll see it all the way through! I totally agree that ARX is a killer... I feel like I'm going to die every time I do it! Good luck in your journey!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Welcome back and good luck! Ab Ripper is a killer at first... but it does get better (not easier! :laugh: ) But if you ever do want to make it tougher, just add ankle weights to your legs. Fifer scissors even tougher!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • cjbranson
    Options

Thanks for the comments on my blog Christina! Good job with the "crane"!! Cold and snowy here today as well. Jeremy is going to have to share some of those "grilling" secrets with us one day!!

Last night my wife and I were introduced to "Core Synergistics"....I love yoga!

Keep it up everyone!!

Oh don't get him started talking about grilling. The man thinks he's Bobby Flay! He is phenomenal on the grill though I have to admit.

We did Kenpo last night and we're both feeling it today. Glad to hear your wife is getting on board with you. Isn't it fun working out together?
  • cjbranson
    Options

Welcome back and good luck! Ab Ripper is a killer at first... but it does get better (not easier! :laugh: ) But if you ever do want to make it tougher, just add ankle weights to your legs. Fifer scissors even tougher!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I swear, you are my hero. :drinker:
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Has anyone else ever wore the HRM during the Plyo workout. I tried it today and the reading was pretty high, I think too high. I am curious if anyone else has tried and what were your results. Also, my HR is much higher than Tony's whenever he gives his, especially at the end when he says his is down to 120, I am no where close to that. I know he is in way better shape than I am, but I am beginning to doubt the accuracy of my HRM.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I swear, you are my hero. :drinker:

Hahaha, sick I know! I love finding ways to make things even tougher. :bigsmile: You can also add a medicine ball or dumbbell to the mason twists. :laugh: Keep it up, you and your hubby are doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Day 2 of my recovery week today. I was feeling guilty about not lifting yesterday until I did Yoga last night and sweat like a pig! I forget how much of a workout that is. I did all moves except those last ones at the end of the first 45min where you go on one leg for all that time...still need some breaks during that one.

First time doing Core Syn tonight. Good to see so many people updating their progress here.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wore the hrm during plyo a couple times and mine was high too but that is normal for me.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to do other activities the same day as doing your P90x? I play volleyball 4-5 hours a week, and am not sure if I should do a workout the same day... Cardio X really kicked my butt, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to handle both at the same time.
  • kenewayne
    Options
    Day 2 of my recovery week today. I was feeling guilty about not lifting yesterday until I did Yoga last night and sweat like a pig! I forget how much of a workout that is. I did all moves except those last ones at the end of the first 45min where you go on one leg for all that time...still need some breaks during that one.

First time doing Core Syn tonight. Good to see so many people updating their progress here.

Good luck w/Core Syn tonight!! Last night was my first time and it kicked my butt!!! ....I mean that in a 'good' way! :happy:
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Find a vitamin or health food store and buy a bottle of bromelain. It comes from pineapples and really works on relieving muscle soreness.

Good luck!!