P90X

Options

Replies

• jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Gotta tell you, Christina, I was thinking about you during legs and back yesterday...not in a weird way...while doing wall squats. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that you said you did them all for the first time and that made me hold on to them instead of standing up and resting.

Just goes to show how we can motivate each other here without even trying. Thanks for the help!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Gotta tell you, Christina, I was thinking about you during legs and back yesterday...not in a weird way...while doing wall squats. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that you said you did them all for the first time and that made me hold on to them instead of standing up and resting.

Just goes to show how we can motivate each other here without even trying. Thanks for the help!

Good job! I never had a problem w/ wall squats, but I remember the first time my hubby did them. He lifted his leg for the single wall squat and promptly fell over. :laugh: It was hilarious! Now we do them for minutes at a time (my current record is 10 min!!). So keep at it. :bigsmile:
  • lauren85
    Options
    ok i am not downing this product cause i am sure it really works good and for what I have seen online I want to try it. but what gets me is the price that this is and the items that you need thats more $ that you have to spend on top of the $$$ s you already spent for the dvds. i dont know if i should buy this or the bowflix... debating.
  • jokerrn
    Options
    ok i am not downing this product cause i am sure it really works good and for what I have seen online I want to try it. but what gets me is the price that this is and the items that you need thats more $ that you have to spend on top of the $$$ s you already spent for the dvds. i dont know if i should buy this or the bowflix... debating.

I struggled with that bit myself, but ended up buying everything from the BB site. There are cheaper sites where you can buy just the DVDs without the books and you can buy a knock-off pull up bar, etc. For me, it came down to the fact that I was either going to do this, or re-start my gym membership...at $35 a month (for the ghetto gym, mind you), this will be paid for in about 6 months.

Not cheap, but worth it my opinion so far.
  • lauren85
    Options
    yeah i have been looking online and found cheaper products but the dvds always seem to be little more then i would want to spend. i dont know just debating on the dvds or a blowflix...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I struggled with that bit myself, but ended up buying everything from the BB site. There are cheaper sites where you can buy just the DVDs without the books and you can buy a knock-off pull up bar, etc. For me, it came down to the fact that I was either going to do this, or re-start my gym membership...at $35 a month (for the ghetto gym, mind you), this will be paid for in about 6 months.

Not cheap, but worth it my opinion so far.

Yep, well worth the money spent. I caution against buying it anywhere other than BB, just because a lot of knockoffs are sold on ebay and amazon that come with no manuals and the DVD's might not play. (I've heard of it happening quite a bit) BB guarantees their products and you have a 30 day refund also if you aren't satisified with the product. If you don't want to spend money on dumbbells, you can also use the resistance bands which are also great for traveling. My hubby originally made me a chinup bar in the garage (he used piping and attached it to the ceiling for cheap), but once it got cold last year I bought the P90X bar. I LOVE it! Let me know if you have more questions about the program!

Jess
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options

I haven't been on the computer all day so I just read this. I'm so happy that you were motivated to push through!!! I mean it, you absolutely made my day! I've learned while doing this that the small victories count in a big way. Now if I could just conquer some of those Yoga poses! Balancing is not my strong suit.

Anyway, keep up the good work and now I'll be thinking of you the next time I'm dying during wall squats!
  • cjbranson
    Options

Good job! I never had a problem w/ wall squats, but I remember the first time my hubby did them. He lifted his leg for the single wall squat and promptly fell over. :laugh: It was hilarious! Now we do them for minutes at a time (my current record is 10 min!!). So keep at it. :bigsmile:

10 minutes!!! Holy Cow!!! I remember doing them back in my 'ol HS basketball days but I don't think we ever went that long! You're a monster! :wink:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I started the P90x lean program yesterday. It has really kicked my butt so far and I love it.
    I find eating the 50% protein rather challenging. Has anyone found a good protein bar in Canada? I don't order off the BB website because of customs, duty fees, and waiting too long.
    Any Canadians in here thinking of buying P90x? You can buy the real deal at stores like Sportchek, Walmart, Fitness Depot (cheapest $118.88!) probably because they needed Canadian distribution.
  • jokerrn
    Options

I haven't been on the computer all day so I just read this. I'm so happy that you were motivated to push through!!! I mean it, you absolutely made my day! I've learned while doing this that the small victories count in a big way. Now if I could just conquer some of those Yoga poses! Balancing is not my strong suit.

Anyway, keep up the good work and now I'll be thinking of you the next time I'm dying during wall squats!

Oh, don't even mention those yoga poses...my wife walked in the other day at the exact time when I was trying to get into that pose where you put one arm behind your back and put your other arm between your legs and try to grap your wrist. I think her expression was "what in the hell are you doing?" :embarassed:

Needless to say, not so graceful.
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I started the P90x lean program yesterday. It has really kicked my butt so far and I love it.
    I find eating the 50% protein rather challenging. Has anyone found a good protein bar in Canada? I don't order off the BB website because of customs, duty fees, and waiting too long.
    Any Canadians in here thinking of buying P90x? You can buy the real deal at stores like Sportchek, Walmart, Fitness Depot (cheapest $118.88!) probably because they needed Canadian distribution.

Welcome, eh! My wife's from Canada (Edmonton), and I seem to remember getting the "pure protien" brand bars up there. I still use them.

Calories: 190
    Fat: 6
    Carb: 17
    Protein: 20

In fact...I think it's snack time!! Yum! (Hope this helps)
  • kenewayne
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh, don't even mention those yoga poses...my wife walked in the other day at the exact time when I was trying to get into that pose where you put one arm behind your back and put your other arm between your legs and try to grap your wrist. I think her expression was "what in the hell are you doing?" :embarassed:

[/quote]

My wife's words exactly, joker! :embarassed:

Then I told 'her' to try it! :devil:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

[/quote]

My wife's words exactly, joker! :embarassed:

Then I told 'her' to try it! :devil:
    [/quote]

Hahaha, that is funny!!! I love that pose now, but there is NO way my hubby can do it. He is just NOT flexible, cracks me up!! Like the Fifer Scissors, his legs just won't go straight up in the air. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    10 minutes!!! Holy Cow!!! I remember doing them back in my 'ol HS basketball days but I don't think we ever went that long! You're a monster! :wink:

I love wall squats. I do them a lot though, it takes practice. I often do them in the kitchen while I'm making tea or something for a few minutes. My 10yo dd did them for 7 min one time with me! Now I usually do them holding weights, so if you ever want to make it more challenging try that! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I find eating the 50% protein rather challenging. Has anyone found a good protein bar in Canada?

Hi there! My BIL bought P90X and lives in Canada. I will have to ask him what protein bars he found there. Good luck! How did you like Core Synergistics? I love the superman banana rolls and the prison cell pushups!

Jess
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look for Pure Protein. I grabbed 2 other kinds today from the grocery store to try, no more buy a huge box without taste testing first!
    I like Core Synergistics but I can't do a Dreya roll at all.
  • cjbranson
    Options
    B-R-U-T-A-L. :sick: That's all I have to say about Core Synergistics. Did it for the first time today and man-o-man it was tough. We made it through but we struggled. I'm glad they didn't have that in the beginning of the classic program. There is no way I could have done it 3 weeks ago. Not looking forward to the soreness that is surely coming tomorrow.

Gonna sleep good tonight :yawn: .
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    For me, the toughest by far is Chest/ Back...pushups & pullups. I am at the point now that I can do multiple sets of 8 pullups. It took a LONG time to get to this point (about 8 weeks). I had to get stronger and shed some body fat before it became easier to do. I actually enjoy pullups now! Pushups were never a big problem, but doing all those sets combined with pullups...it's a killer workout. I use Perfect Pushup handles. They work great, a lot less stress on my wrists.
  • kenewayne
    Options
    Hi all...just started day 1 of week 4 on P90X last night!! My wife decided to join me this time. We did Yoga X (I hate Yoga!), and it actually wasn't AS bad as it's been! It's amazing what you can do when your significant other is watching. :love:

Hey Branson's!! I can't tell you guys enough how much I enjoyed your blogs!! In fact, Jeremy has actually given me inspiration to "press on"! Give him my thanks! I even began my own blog...which I've never done before. Who knows how long I'll actually keep it going!! :tongue:

Keep pressing on everyone!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Give Core Syn. one more time and you will be hooked. I love that one.

My hubby can't lift his legs straight for pfeifer scissors either it is funny!