P90X

Options

Replies

• geo1177
    geo1177 Posts: 32
    Options
    Alright after getting work and responsibilities out of the way, I'm done with day 1 of P90X. I've been weening my way into the the nutrition plan and now I have portion control mastered. I feel like a million bucks, and I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be blogging daily on MFP so stop by when you get a chance and drop a comment. This is definitely one of the best fitness programs around and just by returning back to the program I can tell you that I'd recommend it to anybody who is serious about their health. Form what I've seen in other P90Xers, this program brings real results and feels good! Stick with it everybody and congratulations to everybody who's going for it.
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of lean and am getting ready for Kenpo. It seems odd that I only exercised 2-3 days per week before this and can't imagine taking a break tomorrow so I'll definitely do Stretch.
    The 50% protein in phase 1 is still not something I'm mastering very well. I can do about 40%, one day was 45%.
    Should I be forcing protein bars or shakes into myself to get this up to the 50%?
    I'm so happy that I found P90X and I'm glad that I just plunged into it instead of worrying about being too overweight (the fitness test wasn't hard for me so I guess I'm okay underneath all of this fat). I used to diet and restrict calories. Realistically I could never be a low calorie forever eater to just be skinny. This fitness approach is so much better, I haven't felt this good in a long time.

"...and I can't imagine taking a break tomorrow..." THAT IS SO AWESOME!! Doesn't it feel great? You've made a decision to get healthy & fit and you're really doing it! I'm proud of you because I know how hard it is.

My husband and I do protein smoothies in the morning and they are yummy... maybe give those a try. Keep up the great work!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Okay, so I played volleyball last night and got laughed at because I was so sore... I tried to nudge the ball to someone with my foot and had to kinda side-step to do it... After all those lunges and floor sweeps(?) it really did not feel all that great... Can't wait until tonight's workout... Already sleeping better with all the new activities!!!

I have to admit, I was really laughing out loud at your post!:laugh: I know how sore I was when I started and I can't imagine having to play volleyball like that. I could barely get off the couch! Keep it up!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Alright after getting work and responsibilities out of the way, I'm done with day 1 of P90X. I've been weening my way into the the nutrition plan and now I have portion control mastered. I feel like a million bucks, and I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be blogging daily on MFP so stop by when you get a chance and drop a comment. This is definitely one of the best fitness programs around and just by returning back to the program I can tell you that I'd recommend it to anybody who is serious about their health. Form what I've seen in other P90Xers, this program brings real results and feels good! Stick with it everybody and congratulations to everybody who's going for it.

Day 1 down, 89 to go! You can do it! I can't believe it's day 27 for us already but man-o-man we've got a long way to go.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I have to let everyone know... This thread makes everything seem more do-able. I love how I can see how others have progressed, and that there are newbies like me, people that have already started for a little while, and then others that have completed the program. I finally read all of the previous pages, and it pushes me to keep on going with it. Today I'm doing Shoulders & Arms, and Ab Ripper X. I'm not looking forward to how sore I'll be afterward, but am really psyched to give it all a try.:tongue:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!!! Last night I had a blast... Shoulders and Arms workout is right up my alley. I used to love weight training, so this was perfect for me. And if anyone needs a good laugh... I'm dog-watching for my sister right now. When I was doing laying down triceps extensions, all of a sudden there's a gianormous 70 lbs dog standing over my head, and she nudged the weight that I had in my right hand. Needless to say, I bonked myself right in the forehead with it. Didn't really tickle, and I was seeing stars for a little while. :blushing: Tonight is Yoga X, wish me luck!!!
  • geo1177
    Options
    Good luck Resa! Today is Plyometrics for me. Tell you my satisfaction rating after I do it, which is probably Xcellent.:bigsmile: This thread has been a little slow lately. Maybe after jumping around for a while, this thread will be full of updates from my fellow P90Xers. *crosses fingers*

Well, it's time to get in my Plyo workout. Can't wait to get to Yoga X and Kenpo X!

Much success to everybody,
    Geo
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck Resa! Today is Plyometrics for me. Tell you my satisfaction rating after I do it, which is probably Xcellent.:bigsmile: This thread has been a little slow lately. Maybe after jumping around for a while, this thread will be full of updates from my fellow P90Xers. *crosses fingers*

Well, it's time to get in my Plyo workout. Can't wait to get to Yoga X and Kenpo X!

Geo

Hope you enjoyed jumping around w/ Tony & the kids! :wink: I am not currently doing a round of P90X, I'm doing ChaLean Extreme for now. But loving it! :bigsmile: I'm here if you need some support though! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!!! Last night I had a blast... Shoulders and Arms workout is right up my alley. I used to love weight training, so this was perfect for me. And if anyone needs a good laugh... I'm dog-watching for my sister right now. When I was doing laying down triceps extensions, all of a sudden there's a gianormous 70 lbs dog standing over my head, and she nudged the weight that I had in my right hand. Needless to say, I bonked myself right in the forehead with it. Didn't really tickle, and I was seeing stars for a little while. :blushing: Tonight is Yoga X, wish me luck!!!

I love S & A, it is one of my favorites! The glamour muscles! Funny story about the dog too! :laugh:
  • geo1177
    Options

Geo

Hope you enjoyed jumping around w/ Tony & the kids! :wink: I am not currently doing a round of P90X, I'm doing ChaLean Extreme for now. But loving it! :bigsmile: I'm here if you need some support though! :bigsmile:
    Thanks! I did enjoy it. It's my favorite one so far. I am sweating buckets! haha. It's 600 calories per workout right? I'm adding plyometrics to my exercise log... Day 2 is in the bag. Oh and thanks for the support! It's appreciated.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Congratulations on finishing up!!! I haven't done Plyometrics yet: I have to wait until this evening when the kids are in bed before I can torture myself with yoga... I hope I don't break something that I might need later:wink: I have to figure out what to do with my sister's insane dog before attempting anything, though. I have a feeling she's out to get me:laugh:
  • jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey, everybody. Been a few days...crazy work...blah blah blah. Still bringing it, though. Coming to the end of my recovery week for Phase 1.

I did X Stretch last night and it felt good, but I am really sore today...my shoulders are actually in some pain. I think I overdid it a bit on Kenpo the night before last. I find my heart rate doesn't stay up if I follow their pace, so I tend to do all the moves really fast and with a high intensity...hopefully that's why my shoulders hurt so much today.

Anyway, supposed to have Yoga tonight, but I am going to let my shoulders rest and switch my rest day to today. I will do Yoga tomorrow and Core Syn on Sunday. Then...it's off to Phase 2. Can't wait.

Thanks for all the updates! I check this thing everyday...it's a good source of inspiration, so keep it coming.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    I bought it in 08. Did it twice. I'm not quite there yet. I'll get back to it though.

140829.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • MissResa
    Options
    Okay, so I did Yoga X for the first time yesterday, and so far, I do not like it... Not necessarily because it was too hard... Although it WAS hard and I definitely couldn't do all of the moves, but because the side of my left foot started to ache from holding the poses. It felt like when you put on a pair of ice skates that don't fit you perfectly and your feet start to ache. I loved the strech that you got from it, though. So far, it's the only routine that I wasn't too crazy about, but not because of the content... I am still looking forward to tonight's workout, though.:tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Okay, so I did Yoga X for the first time yesterday, and so far, I do not like it... Not necessarily because it was too hard... Although it WAS hard and I definitely couldn't do all of the moves, but because the side of my left foot started to ache from holding the poses. It felt like when you put on a pair of ice skates that don't fit you perfectly and your feet start to ache. I loved the strech that you got from it, though. So far, it's the only routine that I wasn't too crazy about, but not because of the content... I am still looking forward to tonight's workout, though.:tongue:

It's amazing how yoga can make you sore in so many places! :laugh: I'm still not a big yoga fan (shhh... don't tell! :tongue: ) but I am always sore in the obliques and other areas when I do it! If you feel an ache and need to not hold the poses as long, then just take a little break. It will get easier!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I bought it in 08. Did it twice. I'm not quite there yet. I'll get back to it though.

2 rounds or 2 workouts?? :laugh: Definitely get back to it when you can!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hey, everybody. Been a few days...crazy work...blah blah blah. Still bringing it, though. Coming to the end of my recovery week for Phase 1.

I did X Stretch last night and it felt good, but I am really sore today...my shoulders are actually in some pain. I think I overdid it a bit on Kenpo the night before last. I find my heart rate doesn't stay up if I follow their pace, so I tend to do all the moves really fast and with a high intensity...hopefully that's why my shoulders hurt so much today.

Anyway, supposed to have Yoga tonight, but I am going to let my shoulders rest and switch my rest day to today. I will do Yoga tomorrow and Core Syn on Sunday. Then...it's off to Phase 2. Can't wait.

Thanks for all the updates! I check this thing everyday...it's a good source of inspiration, so keep it coming.

Yeah for recovery week! I like to use weighted gloves or hold my dd's 1# weights in my hands for Kenpo. Good luck w/ Phase 2, be prepared to be super sore all over again! :laugh:
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is what I wrote on my blog. I'm too lazy right now to think of something new to say so here ya go... :wink: BTW, I'm seriously sore today. Dying.

I am having serious trouble even typing this... my arms are noodles!

Yesterday was stretch/rest day. We opted to rest for the first time mainly because we got home later than we thought so sleep won out.

Today was day 1 of phase 2. Oh... my... gosh!!! Chest/Shoulders/Triceps & and famous ARX. Bring on the muscle confusion! We got about half way through and I seriously felt like I might puke. We pushed through it but man, we have major rag arms right now. Jeremy asked me just a little bit ago if I wanted to do a few push ups with him and I told him I didn't even think I could brush my teeth! I've never had much upper body strength so this is really a struggle for me.
  • geo1177
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is what I wrote on my blog. I'm too lazy right now to think of something new to say so here ya go... :wink: BTW, I'm seriously sore today. Dying.

I am having serious trouble even typing this... my arms are noodles!

Yesterday was stretch/rest day. We opted to rest for the first time mainly because we got home later than we thought so sleep won out.

Today was day 1 of phase 2. Oh... my... gosh!!! Chest/Shoulders/Triceps & and famous ARX. Bring on the muscle confusion! We got about half way through and I seriously felt like I might puke. We pushed through it but man, we have major rag arms right now. Jeremy asked me just a little bit ago if I wanted to do a few push ups with him and I told him I didn't even think I could brush my teeth! I've never had much upper body strength so this is really a struggle for me.
    Nice. My legs feel like they got tenderized by baseball bats after plyo. My abs feel a little sore, and my arms are so so. I've always had strong upper body and legs, but I guess they get into those muscles you don't normally use or even know you have. I'm going to be finished with phase one by my birthday, Then I'll feel your pain. haha. Until then, I'm pushing play everyday. Today is Yoga X and I'm ready for some warrior pose and cobra, lol.
  • MissResa
    Options
    I did Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X last night... I will definitely do ARX 1st next time I have to do this workout... My legs felt like Jello and it was so hard to struggle through all of the ab exercises!!! I felt so good this morning when I woke up, though. Sore, but good. I've been missing all of this misery from exercise!!!:laugh: Tonight is Kempo-I can't wait!!!