P90X

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is what I wrote on my blog. I'm too lazy right now to think of something new to say so here ya go... :wink: BTW, I'm seriously sore today. Dying.

I am having serious trouble even typing this... my arms are noodles!

Yesterday was stretch/rest day. We opted to rest for the first time mainly because we got home later than we thought so sleep won out.

Today was day 1 of phase 2. Oh... my... gosh!!! Chest/Shoulders/Triceps & and famous ARX. Bring on the muscle confusion! We got about half way through and I seriously felt like I might puke. We pushed through it but man, we have major rag arms right now. Jeremy asked me just a little bit ago if I wanted to do a few push ups with him and I told him I didn't even think I could brush my teeth! I've never had much upper body strength so this is really a struggle for me.

Oh my gosh... there's something about CST that gives me DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) for 3 days!!!!!!! I hope you can brush your hair & teeth! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    [/quote] Nice. My legs feel like they got tenderized by baseball bats after plyo. My abs feel a little sore, and my arms are so so. I've always had strong upper body and legs, but I guess they get into those muscles you don't normally use or even know you have. I'm going to be finished with phase one by my birthday, Then I'll feel your pain. haha. Until then, I'm pushing play everyday. Today is Yoga X and I'm ready for some warrior pose and cobra, lol.
    [/quote]

Hahaha, the muscles you don't use or even know you have! :laugh: Keep it up! :bigsmile: Nice new pic there too!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I did Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X last night... I will definitely do ARX 1st next time I have to do this workout... My legs felt like Jello and it was so hard to struggle through all of the ab exercises!!! I felt so good this morning when I woke up, though. Sore, but good. I've been missing all of this misery from exercise!!!:laugh: Tonight is Kempo-I can't wait!!!

Yeah, ARX is tough after L & B! Those hip flexors get tired! Glad that you're feeling good! :bigsmile:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Jessmomof3, are you still doing that other workout? I checked it out on BB and was curious to see how you think it compares to P90X. I love weight training, and it looked like it could be fun to do after this program to switch things up a bit.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jessmomof3, are you still doing that other workout? I checked it out on BB and was curious to see how you think it compares to P90X. I love weight training, and it looked like it could be fun to do after this program to switch things up a bit.

Yep, I'm doing ChaLean Extreme. I love it! I'm on week 8 now and it's been a great change for me! I still love P90X and credit it to me really loving weight training, but a change is always good! Gotta keep those muscles confused! :bigsmile: The workouts are a little shorter (most are around 35 min long) but still intense and I am going to be half marathon training again soon so I will still be able to get in my running. Let me know if you have questions about it!

Jess
  • MissResa
    Options
    Does it still kick your butt as much as P90X? It is so hard for me to find enough time to do workouts, so I wait until my kids are in bed before I exercise, but that means not going to bed until around midnight or later. I would love to find a great workout like P90X, but in a more manageable amount of time. YogaX is ridiculously long for me...
  • jokerrn
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is what I wrote on my blog. I'm too lazy right now to think of something new to say so here ya go... :wink: BTW, I'm seriously sore today. Dying.

Yesterday was stretch/rest day. We opted to rest for the first time mainly because we got home later than we thought so sleep won out.

Today was day 1 of phase 2. Oh... my... gosh!!! Chest/Shoulders/Triceps & and famous ARX. Bring on the muscle confusion! We got about half way through and I seriously felt like I might puke. We pushed through it but man, we have major rag arms right now. Jeremy asked me just a little bit ago if I wanted to do a few push ups with him and I told him I didn't even think I could brush my teeth! I've never had much upper body strength so this is really a struggle for me.

Oh, man. I start phase 2 tomorrow and now I know what I have to look forward to!

Tony would be so disappointed in my Super Bowl binge...I will be working extra hard tomorrow out of self-loathing. Gonna have to get up and do it around 5am as I have dinner plans tomorrow evening. Wish me luck!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I had to boycott the Superbowl this year... But on Saturday we had UFC fight night, and there was all sorts of stuff around to get in trouble with. I made sure to order a vegetarian pizza, and then checked online to find out the nutritional info on it before we ate... It was still really hard to resist the junk, but I managed and have lost another pound this week and two more days to go.
  • geo1177
    Options
    Hahaha, the muscles you don't use or even know you have! :laugh: Keep it up! :bigsmile: Nice new pic there too!
    Thanks. Just finished Yoga X, got the kinks and soreness out of my legs and body. Goodnight everybody.
  • MissResa
    Options
    I finished KenpoX, and found myself thinking, "It's done already?!!!" It is so much fun that you don't even realize how long you've been at it for. I've done kickboxing classes before, but this was much, much better. My legs are so sore from my workout last night, that I was trembling by the time I was finished today. The stretching felt sooooo good! Monday is supposed to be my rest day, but I have 2+ hours of volleyball... I am NOT looking forward to Core Synergistics on Tuesday...:sad:
  • cjbranson
    Options

Nice. My legs feel like they got tenderized by baseball bats after plyo. My abs feel a little sore, and my arms are so so. I've always had strong upper body and legs, but I guess they get into those muscles you don't normally use or even know you have. I'm going to be finished with phase one by my birthday, Then I'll feel your pain. haha. Until then, I'm pushing play everyday. Today is Yoga X and I'm ready for some warrior pose and cobra, lol.

I know that "beaten by a baseball bat" feeling! I was begging Jeremy to just put me out of my misery! Have fun with your 5 hours (feels like it anyway) of Yoga today!
  • cjbranson
    Options

Oh, man. I start phase 2 tomorrow and now I know what I have to look forward to!

Tony would be so disappointed in my Super Bowl binge...I will be working extra hard tomorrow out of self-loathing. Gonna have to get up and do it around 5am as I have dinner plans tomorrow evening. Wish me luck!

How did it go with the killer Chest/Shoulders & Triceps this morning? Don't worry about the binge... you'll get back on track and be just fine. Have fun with Plyo today!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    I finished KenpoX, and found myself thinking, "It's done already?!!!" It is so much fun that you don't even realize how long you've been at it for. I've done kickboxing classes before, but this was much, much better. My legs are so sore from my workout last night, that I was trembling by the time I was finished today. The stretching felt sooooo good! Monday is supposed to be my rest day, but I have 2+ hours of volleyball... I am NOT looking forward to Core Synergistics on Tuesday...:sad:

That's how I always feel about Kenpo. It goes by so fast! I love it and I feel for you doing Core today... brutal :noway: !
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Does it still kick your butt as much as P90X? It is so hard for me to find enough time to do workouts, so I wait until my kids are in bed before I exercise, but that means not going to bed until around midnight or later. I would love to find a great workout like P90X, but in a more manageable amount of time. YogaX is ridiculously long for me...

Yep, Chalene really teaches you to lift heavier weights and you get a great intense workout in 35 min! And her yoga type workout is called Recharge and is only 20 min. :bigsmile: That's my kind of yoga! :wink: I don't know if you've checked out Tony's One on One workouts but he also has a workout called Fountain of Youth that is 45 min of yoga (similar to P90X). HTH!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I had to boycott the Superbowl this year... But on Saturday we had UFC fight night, and there was all sorts of stuff around to get in trouble with. I made sure to order a vegetarian pizza, and then checked online to find out the nutritional info on it before we ate... It was still really hard to resist the junk, but I managed and have lost another pound this week and two more days to go.

Well, we were supposed to go to a SB party, but my hubby and dd were sick so I just made some air popped popcorn and that was my *treat*. Tasted yummy too! :bigsmile: It gets easier to say no to the junk!

Jess
  • suselmiami
    Options
    Hi everyone ...

I've been tempted to buy P90X everytime I see the commercial but I've always had my doubts. From what I read here it's really great. I just want to ask a couple of questions though. Does it really tone your thighs and buns?
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Hi everyone ...

I've been tempted to buy P90X everytime I see the commercial but I've always had my doubts. From what I read here it's really great. I just want to ask a couple of questions though. Does it really tone your thighs and buns?

I'm on day 31 and from what I can tell so far... yes! There are workouts that are very intense for the legs and glutes. The first week I could hardly walk and sit! That's my problem area but I'm noticing improvements in tone. Good luck deciding but for me, doing P90X is one of the best decisions I've ever made.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi everyone ...

It really is a great program! Yes, it does tone up the lower body- you have Plyometrics (cardio w/ jump training), Legs & Back, Kenpo, and even yoga will work the lower body! Let me know if you have any questions (my info is in my profile).
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Ughhh, I have Yoga today...:grumble:
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Ughhh, I have Yoga today...:grumble:

It's a beautiful thing... ok, maybe not.