I eat the same

I eat the same thing every day cereal in the morning and for lunch and dinner I have 1chicken breast with a bit of rice and veg will I stall at some point with weightloss I go boxing twice a week and gym 5 times a week with 20 minutes on the treadmill doing about 3.11km

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    As long as you're in a calorie deficit you'll lose weight. Though that doesn't sound like many calories or much fat. Are you meeting your goals there?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2017
    You are crashing your diet...that's not enough calories for a 28 y.o. male...make sure you're getting at least 1500 calories per day...more if you're active at all.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I eat the same thing every day cereal in the morning and for lunch and dinner I have 1chicken breast with a bit of rice and veg will I stall at some point with weightloss I go boxing twice a week and gym 5 times a week with 20 minutes on the treadmill doing about 3.11km
    If you are in a calorie defcit, weight loss will not stall, whatever you do.
    But there are other issues than weight loss stall:
    Eating the same few things every day will most likely not provide you with sufficient nutrition.
    You may be undereating. How many calories is that?
    A boring diet will not be easy to stick to.
    Exercise is good for your health and can increase the amount of calories burnt, but it's not necessary for weightloss.
  • jamieturley
    jamieturley Posts: 26 Member
    I'm not sure how many calories for sure but it's a microwave container full twice a day I can see the difference in my stomach but the scales are up and down
  • kommodevaran
    The scales will be up and down. If you want them to be consistently down, eat properly.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Weigh each ingredient and log it to make sure your deficit isn't too high. That sounds like a very boring diet - can you eat this way for the rest of your life?
  • jamieturley
    Could you give me a example of what I should eat in a day that I can get from the local Asda or some place like that
  • jamieturley
    Weigh each ingredient and log it to make sure your deficit isn't too high. That sounds like a very boring diet - can you eat this way for the rest of your life?

I have been doing it for about 5 weeks now I have cheat days etc and have fruit if I'm feeling hungry
  • kommodevaran
    Could you give me a example of what I should eat in a day that I can get from the local Asda or some place like that

Food in any amount that makes you hit your calorie goal.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    What if you took your day of food, and log it so you see if you are getting enough calories and nutrients? Weigh and measure at least once for logging to see if you are close. Then you would know if you needed to add in more chicken, veggies or fruit. It does no harm to eat the same thing repeatedly as long as you are meeting your nutrition requirements and are in a calorie deficit. Cheat days can get out of control pretty easily and ruin all of your hard work for the week...
  • jamieturley
    So anything in a 1500 calorie range
  • suruda
    I'm not sure what the minimum for weight loss is for men...that could be the number but it depends on your height, weight, age, activity level and how much realistically you want to lose each week. You can plug in your stats on MFP and it gives you a target
  • jamieturley
    I put 1kg a week and it says eat 1990 calories a day
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited January 2017

So why do you want to only eat 1500? If your goal is 1990 you should be eating right around 1990.
  • jamieturley
    I calculated it I eat roughly 1000 a day
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I calculated it I eat roughly 1000 a day

You know that's eating disorder territory?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

How much weight are you trying to lose total? 1 kg/week is pretty aggressive. Did the 1990 calorie estimate come from MFP? If so, that's not including the exercise you described in your original post. When you exercise you should be logging and eating back at least some of those as well.

As your later post confirmed, you have been drastically undereating which can have some negative consequences including: fatigue, hair loss, loss of lean body mass, lack of proper nutrition, etc. There isn't anything wrong with eating the same thing on a regular basis but variety helps people adhere to a plan for the long term. You basically need to double the calories you're eating and maybe look for ways to Incorporate some different foods and other nutritional goals into your diet - things like healthy fats and maybe some fruit?
  • jamieturley
    I don't know how much weight in total I just want to lose most of the fat
  • jamieturley
    I get full off what I'm eating and I chose that particular plan as its got protein carbs etc and the less I eat the more I burn
  • suruda
    Yes, you could improve your diet greatly by just adding a banana and a handful of nuts (weighed and measured), or whatever those things are that you enjoy. You could easily get up to your recommended calorie minimum in a way that is healthy and will ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients you need to sustain your activity and lifestyle. Being so low calorie has long term consequences and doesn't set you up for success.