What's your favorite, most used condiment for any meal?

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This stuff is amazing on eggs and bacon and steak. Hot Pepper sauce. I think the HP stands for "Houses of Parliament"?? I just call it hot pepper.

dzs6rw64bc19.jpg
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I don't use a lot of condiments regularly.
    We go through a lot of salsa and barbeque as a family though. We don't get the same brand every time. We often get Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce.

I love Sweet Baby Rays :)

Silly question on the Sriracha, just searching online - is that the brand name or the type of sauce? It seems this is all I can find nearby.

f52xdactthuq.jpg

Huy Fong is the brand in that picture, and is the one I use. There are probably others, but that is by far the most common one.
    Good enough - Sriracha incoming lol. Thanks
    Sriracha. Definitely Sriracha. I'm also a fan of the Kernel Season's popcorn seasonings. They are low calorie and pretty good on vegetables or eggs.

My wife loves those, and we never thought of putting them on anything but popcorn lol. Thank you :)

Try the White Cheddar or the Parmesan Garlic on steamed broccoli. It's really good. I use it on baked potatoes and stirred into cottage cheese too. Bacon Cheddar is another favorite. Yes, vegetarians miss that smoky bacon taste! Oh, I like the ranch on veggies too.

I showed my wife the product page lol. We will be adding several to the shopping cart tomorrow morning. :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say there's a favorite, and none that I use with every meal. I like Pickapeppa sauce; Nando's Peri Peri sauce; Tabasco Chipotle flavor sauce; any Frontera Grill salsa (they're all good). I like Boetje's dutch style mustard, and Lea & Perrins is good, too.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sriracha is prob my #1, but oyster sauce is up there too. Yummy on eggs or steamed broccoli.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Green or red chile sauce...in New Mexico, we put that on most anything...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....Probably mayo. But ketchup and BBQ sauce get alot of use, too.
  • TheMissFit20
    TheMissFit20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Red Hot hot sauce. :)
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Cholula, green Tabasco, stubbs bbq sauce and guacamole...I will eat guacamole on anything!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Salt.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Salsa, and Amish roll butter. Mmm.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Salt.

Snap!
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have 14 different kinds of mustard in my fridge ranging from sweet (honey mustard) to super spicy! And I love sriracha!
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Jalapeños. I put massive amounts of jalapeño slices on everything! That and Mrs. Dash.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Jalapeños. I put massive amounts of jalapeño slices on everything! That and Mrs. Dash.

I have something like 6 different Jalapeño sauces :D

Oh and Sriracha is in the house - taste tests begin at dinner lol.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Kernel Seasons popcorn seasoning (especially ranch, white cheddar, butter, and garlic Parmesan).
    Jack Daniel's mustard, or any mustard
    Hummus, especially if it's baked on top of some chicken or fish
    Salsa and taco sauce
    Vinegar -any

Obviously, I love my condiments.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Extra virgin olive oil--by far. We don't have many bottled pre-made sauces in Italy.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 got me thinking about this mentioning sriracha (thank you!) in another thread, so that's added to my shopping list. Tell me your favorites. I love learning about new spices and foods. :)

My personal, most used go to these days is Dobbin House Tavern Habanero Peppercorn Hot Sauce. Steak, eggs, potatos, pizza and most anything else just doesn't taste right without it now.

mcizpsbvd1dy.jpg

• endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I put mustard on most everything :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have 14 different kinds of mustard in my fridge ranging from sweet (honey mustard) to super spicy! And I love sriracha!
    I put mustard on most everything :)

Sounds like people who might enjoy the Mustard Museum in Middletown, WI (http://mustardmuseum.com/).

It was a life-changing experience.

(Okay, not really, but it was fun and a good shopping time was had by all.)
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have a favorite, they are food specific. Toppings, spices, sauces for the type of food, not just one sauce that makes everything taste the same.

Ketchup on eggs sometimes, mainly when I cook them with onions and peppers. Low sodium soy sauce on veggies sometimes, other times Costcos no salt herb blend. That really is my goto herb blend but I frequently add more onion powder, crushed garlic, etc.

Every squash gets a sprinkle of nutmeg, no butter. Butter is reserved for popcorn on cardio day. (yay thats today!)