No bread plus calorie counting

Options
I lost nearly 2 stone, stopped counting calories and put a stone back on despite being very active. Back on calorie counting, stopped eating any bread and replaced that with healthy food and that stone gained, gone! Now I'm about to go even further, lose another stone and reach my goal. Bread had to go, tummy feels better for it and losing toast and butter has been painful but worth it, it's about choicesq2i0wju8ailk.jpg

Replies

• slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
    I too tend to cut bread and carbs, so hard over Christmas but back on the trail today!!
    Feel free to add me
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know some people might say you can still eat bread and lose weight. While that's true, I'm also not a fan of bread and have a minimal amount of it in my diet. When I do have bread, I go for thin-sliced whole grain and/or sprouted bread and I notice a huge difference in the way I digest that from regular white bread. Also, you're adorable.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat bread too. Im hypoglycaemic so going almost paleo and cutting carbs helps to stabalize my blood pressure and reduces my appetite.

These days i find most grain products distasteful. My tastes have changed and i no longer enjoy pasta or rice or bread etc. Id rather have pasta sauce over steamed veg.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread much either. I find everyday run-of-the-mill sandwich bread not very good anymore. And for what you get, you take a big calorie hit so I just do without it. I will "splurge" such as at my Christmas lasagna dinner and have a slice of good Italian bread with butter on it. Now, that, I enjoy!
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The is nothing inherently wrong with Brad, but it is high in calories for the volume.

My inclination would be that by cutting Brad you've significantly reduced your calorie intake, which is what's contributing to the weight loss.

My lunch yesterday was about 1000 calories, of which 400 was a nice pumpkin seeded loaf. Tasted lovely.

Depends on the bread. The bread I eat is a very manageable 45 calories per slice.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Reducing simple carbs (like bread) worked wonders for me too. I know some people can eat them but there are some of us who really do better without. I've found that a protein centric diet helps me feel more satisfied and maintain more muscle mass.

Congrats on finding what works for you OP
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yep. Little bread for me too. I use it for a splurge on a big sandwich or burger. Anything you can put on a sandwich, you can put in a salad.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Depends on the bread. The bread I eat is a very manageable 45 calories per slice.

Point is, it's not some kind of miraculous food that deviates from the physics. Calories in vs calories out.

As long as it fits within the calorie targets then nothing to worry about.

... Never said anything to the opposite...
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use digital scales and weigh all my food. I am very active, run three times a week and walk - never eat my exercise calories back and I lost weight consistently for some time. However, I got to a place where I was stuck and not losing. Although we all know that being calorie deficient results in weight loss, I still think changing things can refocus the body and mind again. Everyone is still unique and for me physically, I think that much refined wheat was not good for my digestion. Mentally, I love bread with butter and so I was putting a lot of empty calories into my body and using up a lot of my daily calories. Now I am using these on fruit, vegetables, whole grain cous cous - feeling less tired, more comfortable and healthier - one more pound, I will be in the 10 stone bracket
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I love bread this would kill me. Why do you feel the need to cut out bread? I eat bread daily, Sometimes for multiple meals. Iv lost just fine, And very fast :o

Edit: I see. Whatever works for you and makes you feel good :p I feel best with high carb diet so bread is a yummy welcome addition x3
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    joolieb1 wrote: »
    I use digital scales and weigh all my food. I am very active, run three times a week and walk - never eat my exercise calories back and I lost weight consistently for some time. However, I got to a place where I was stuck and not losing. Although we all know that being calorie deficient results in weight loss, I still think changing things can refocus the body and mind again. Everyone is still unique and for me physically, I think that much refined wheat was not good for my digestion. Mentally, I love bread with butter and so I was putting a lot of empty calories into my body and using up a lot of my daily calories. Now I am using these on fruit, vegetables, whole grain cous cous - feeling less tired, more comfortable and healthier - one more pound, I will be in the 10 stone bracket
    Have you updated your calories for every ~10lbs lost?
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I love bread this would kill me. Why do you feel the need to cut out bread? I eat bread daily, Sometimes for multiple meals. Iv lost just fine, And very fast :o

Edit: I see. Whatever works for you and makes you feel good :p I feel best with high carb diet so bread is a yummy welcome addition x3

I have a wheat allergy and found that most other refined carbs tend to leave me feeling overly bloated...and hungry again 5 minutes later. People have a variety of personal reasons and what works for you wouldn't work for me. Sounds like my way of life wouldn't work for you.

Why is it difficult to understand that some people cut things out to get their results?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You look great! I agree with you, changing things up even if you are not changing total calories seems to help shake things up. Maybe it just makes me more conscientious or something subliminal but I find that when I take a total break from something (like sugar or bread), everything falls a bit more in line.