Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your results, OP.
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! You look great....radiant!!! I don't do well with bread either...yes its a temptation...But my tummy don't like me after...I think its all the added junk..When I make my own dense bread I don't get that..But still do in moderation... I like the word above poison!!!! So many things are like that to many of us...Why I stay away from soda....And chips..etc...LoL.....Its my poison for sure!!!!! Best to you......
  • bbeck9900
    bbeck9900 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congradulations! I am just starting, it is wonderful to see such success.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Nice! I don't eat bread either but only because I don't like it. Bread tastes so sweet to me, it's disgusting.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nice! I don't eat bread either but only because I don't like it. Bread tastes so sweet to me, it's disgusting.

A lot of what people say about additives in factory bread is overstated, but this one is fair - they add a lot of sugar. As a bread maker it annoys me, as it is totally unnecessary. I add no sugar to my white bread (I do add it to wholemeal as it brings out the flavour, but there is no technical necessity for it). Factory bread tends to have more salt than necessary as well.

So it doesn't mold or go stale before it's sold. Homemade bread lasts one day in my house.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

A lot of what people say about additives in factory bread is overstated, but this one is fair - they add a lot of sugar. As a bread maker it annoys me, as it is totally unnecessary. I add no sugar to my white bread (I do add it to wholemeal as it brings out the flavour, but there is no technical necessity for it). Factory bread tends to have more salt than necessary as well.

This also varies from place to place. I think Australian bread has less sugar. I went to the US and couldn't eat any factory bread at all because the amount of sugar made me feel sick.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success.

Although you lost weight because you reduced your calorie consumption, not due to giving up eating bread.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options

So it doesn't mold or go stale before it's sold. Homemade bread lasts one day in my house.

True. The closer it gets to cake, the longer it keeps! I've got up to three or four days with the home made stuff, by keeping it in a sealed plastic box but wrapping it in a cloth to absorb moisture. Still, enriched breads do keep longer.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    suzievv wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I love bread this would kill me. Why do you feel the need to cut out bread? I eat bread daily, Sometimes for multiple meals. Iv lost just fine, And very fast :o

Several people said that cutting down on bread helps them reduce calories. Nothing difficult to understand about that!

Reduce yes, entirely eliminate, no..

The only reason to eliminate bread is if you have a medical reason to do so...

Or if you just don't want to eat bread.

Exactly! People can have a variety of reasons and make their own choices. Why would someone think they can decide what "the only reason" can be for someone else?

I believe that some people think that if you choose to eliminate a specific food that you must have an eating disorder...or you have no will power...no self control...no something or another. If you eliminate something you are doomed for failure. I don't know...

I seldom eat bread and my stomach thanks me for it. I guess that means I have no something or another. Oh well...I am okay with that.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

This also varies from place to place. I think Australian bread has less sugar. I went to the US and couldn't eat any factory bread at all because the amount of sugar made me feel sick.

I use Abbotts village bakery- Harvest seeds and grains bread which has 3g sugar per 2 slices (84g). I *think that's comparable to most American seeded breads.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    well done
    keep up the good work
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options

I must be eating the wrong bread. The last time I had a ham sandwich it tasted like a piece of ham in between 2 pieces of cake with mustard. So gross.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

suzievv wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I love bread this would kill me. Why do you feel the need to cut out bread? I eat bread daily, Sometimes for multiple meals. Iv lost just fine, And very fast :o

Several people said that cutting down on bread helps them reduce calories. Nothing difficult to understand about that!

Reduce yes, entirely eliminate, no..

The only reason to eliminate bread is if you have a medical reason to do so...

Or if you just don't want to eat bread.

sure, but by doing so don't think that the weight loss is from eliminating evil breads...

If people want to torture themselves into not eating bread then go for it; however, there is another way where one can actually eat the foods they enjoy and still lose weight...

OP indicated that they enjoy bread, so I don't know what benefit they get from trying to completely eliminate something that they like...