What woe (way of eating) do you follow?

Options
skrog4
skrog4 Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Just curious what dietary way of eating works for you for weight loss? There are so many different lifestyle dietary plans out there! I am looking for a woe that will show weight loss results and I can continue to follow and not get burned out. Do you follow.... counting calories? High protein? Low carb? Paleo? Atkins?

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    The see-food WOE.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Various IF protocols, which are just fancy ways of eating at the correct calorie intake for my weight goals :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've done low carb and keto. Now I just eat everything and count my calories.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I try to eat less than I burn. I follow a 14/10 protocol to help me stay within my calories. I try to eat enough protein to feel satiated.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    CI<CO
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    CI<CO
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I just eat, and log everything. I'm aiming for a weekly average goal, but some weeks I meet it, others I don't. I don't apply food rules of any kind as they are counterproductive for me - rules are made to be broken! I'm entirely inconsistent. Over time, however, I eat less than I burn and I see losses as predicted by mfp. I use NEAT and eat my exercise back, though my estimates of time spent exercising are always conservative.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    IIFYM= if it fits your macros
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I eat a low-carb high-fat moderate-protein diet ... but I do it to manage my diabetes.

Were I *not* diabetic, I'd simply eat real food - avoiding processed/refined stuff as much as possible.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I eat a low-carb high-fat moderate-protein diet ... but I do it to manage my diabetes.

Were I *not* diabetic, I'd simply eat real food - avoiding processed/refined stuff as much as possible.

This is me too.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I eat a lower carb, higher fat, reasonable protein diet while intermittent fasting somewhere between 16:8 and 20:4 (depending on social/business obligations or meals) six days per week with a 24 hour fast one day per week.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ^^^This.

Start out with eating the things you like. After a while you will learn what helps keep you full and what is only worth eating once in awhile. Obviously paying attention to an overall balanced nutritious diet.

It's been said the best "diet" is the one you can stick to:).