From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Wow milf in the house. Great job love the pic with the boots on!! Also the red dress is hot!! Keep up the good work!!
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've read all the pages in the thread and watched your videos on YouTube. So inspiring! I got a set of light weights and tried your beginners work out as well. Thank you for posting and motivating me! I'm 5'2 and working down from 206. You look fantastic and I'm hoping I can get down to that size by the end of 2017!
  • donnamoore58
    donnamoore58 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look 23, not 33. Amazing!!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jyvonne27 wrote: »
    I've read all the pages in the thread and watched your videos on YouTube. So inspiring! I got a set of light weights and tried your beginners work out as well. Thank you for posting and motivating me! I'm 5'2 and working down from 206. You look fantastic and I'm hoping I can get down to that size by the end of 2017!

Hello @jyvonne27 :)

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you have found some inspiration here! That makes it all so much more awesome. Thrilled you are watching the videos also!!

You can totally do it! I'd love to cheer you on. :heart:

@donnamoore58 Thank you! :)

Happy new year everyone! Be safe.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy New year to you too Gen!
  • hollyshook27
    hollyshook27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What type of meals are you doing? You look great! I am at 252 joined a gym and hired a trainer. The weight is not coming off as fast as I hoped. I started at 260.
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @GenElizabeth great job...very inspiring and amazing looking
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
    #goals
  • cccttt888
    cccttt888 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As everyone else already said, you look great! Thanks for sharing your workout and progress, I find it so inspiring as I'm just now starting and with almost identical starting stats as you.
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful info on your strength training. You look wonderful and healthy!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
    What type of meals are you doing? You look great! I am at 252 joined a gym and hired a trainer. The weight is not coming off as fast as I hoped. I started at 260.
    Thank you! I try to focus on whole foods and limit things that packaged, frozen or canned. Things like chicken breast, greek yogurt, nuts/seeds, fruit, veggies, eggs..

Here is a video I made to share healthy, SIMPLE food ideas that I ate. They are all meals that I prepared at home, as my skill does not lie in cooking and it had to be easy, lol.. I hope you find some ideas that will work for you from it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpyHVQMvxus
  • sunny_girl_tls
    sunny_girl_tls Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • Serenade_N
    Serenade_N Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Gen Elizabeth,
    Have been following you since sept 2016.
    Just wanted to say hi and happy new year
    And also ask if I can be your friend and able to
    View your food diary.
    Wishing you and family well.
    In my buy list once I have space sorted
    Is a barbell. Haven't a space for a bench yet.
    Inspired by yourself to have my own gym at home.
    Thanks for latest video!

All the best for the new year, may it be a blessed
    Year for us all!

• ronakcvr
    ronakcvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep it up !!
  • WehttamThims
    WehttamThims Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow you are SMOKING!!!
  • martinezh
    martinezh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg

Would you weigh lift everyday??
  • martinezh
    martinezh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Would you weigh lift everyday??
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Serenade_N wrote: »
    Hi Gen Elizabeth,
    Have been following you since sept 2016.
    Just wanted to say hi and happy new year
    And also ask if I can be your friend and able to
    View your food diary.
    Wishing you and family well.
    In my buy list once I have space sorted
    Is a barbell. Haven't a space for a bench yet.
    Inspired by yourself to have my own gym at home.
    Thanks for latest video!

All the best for the new year, may it be a blessed
    Year for us all!

Hi Serenade, my apologies for such a late response!! The first of the year is crazy busy for me. We have our group challenge going, my baby is 9 months old and WALKING and climbing all over the place and I am hard at work to lose this baby weight too, lol!

Thank you for your comment and of course we can be friends! I will look out for you. Are you on Facebook? Maybe we can connect there as well!

You are very welcome, I wish you the best. Good luck with your lifting and your home gym. You can do it!!!
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!