lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good piece on detoxing worth adding here before tomorrow:

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/13/12894190/detox-products-scam
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    interesting stuff,,Was nice of you to take the time to do this,,Happy new year
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The detox pusher I keep on my FB friends for the LOLs is heavily pushing their new year jump start detox "programme". Takes every ounce of my being not to type expletives on all of her posts. So instead I have passively aggressively posted the meme from here. 2017 might be the year I behave a little more maturely............NAH!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks for *kitten* and giggles, or if I'm scared for my sanity. Of course, the two may go hand in hand, but I've only been here since Sept so this could be interesting.

You are a nice addition, carry on!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    evening bump
  • fitmama282
    fitmama282 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You could try the natural apple detox. Google it. I think you just eat apples & drink water all day for a day, & eat a light dinner.
    I bought & tried the iaso detox tea. It has it's side affects, upset stomach, stomach hurting, feeling sick. So i am not going to continue it.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    fitmama282 wrote: »
    You could try the natural apple detox. Google it. I think you just eat apples & drink water all day for a day, & eat a light dinner.
    I bought & tried the iaso detox tea. It has it's side affects, upset stomach, stomach hurting, feeling sick. So i am not going to continue it.

Have you even read this thread? I have a feeling the answer is 'no'...

Ah the old I'll just respond to the thread title trick.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    Get a colonoscopy. Your intestines will never be so clean as after you get the prep done.
    I always think this is the perfect response because is there anything that's more of a complete cleanse than this one!?

It's on my bucket list for early 2017 - my colonoscopy 'cleanse'. :D
  • Hearts_2015
    edited January 2017
    Options

I don't know if I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks for *kitten* and giggles, or if I'm scared for my sanity. Of course, the two may go hand in hand, but I've only been here since Sept so this could be interesting.

It's a bit of both actually! :wink: But as long as one person hears the truth it's all worth it! I'm not even going to ask what eating apples and drinking water has to do with a detox. It'll make you poop sure, but so will lots of foods that you get to eat more of throughout the day. Apples and water... :#
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I drank too much eggnog last week. My insides were squeaky clean. B)
  • Hearts_2015
    edited January 2017
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

So what you're saying then is you've already done your "eggnog detox" for 2017? ;)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

It's a bit of both actually! :wink: But as long as one person hears the truth it's all worth it! I'm not even going to ask what eating apples and drinking water has to do with a detox. It'll make you poop sure, but so will lots of foods that you get to eat more of throughout the day. Apples and water... :#

Years ago, when my wife and I bought our current house, it was right about when the cherries ripened. Had a very large popcorn bowl of them.

Oh I had a cleanse all right. Couldn't be far from the bathroom for 2 days.

Now we freeze them and I eat them year-round. Not as good as fresh off the tree, but also don't have the cleanse issue anymore.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

So what you're saying then is you've already done your "eggnog detox" for 2017? ;)

2016. I will not drink eggnog until the end 2017, more like 2018. Detoxes should only be done every other year and are not for the feint of heart. IMO. :p