I feel weird when ppl talk about my weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I get compliments all the time about my weight loss, and it makes me really uncomfortable. I wish no one would say anything at all.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind it at first, it helped me see that even though I felt I had a long way to go, I was making progress. But once I actually reached a healthy BMI, people started making comments about being too thin and "loosening up" (despite my eating 2000 calories per day)... there will always be people out there with something to say when it isn't their place.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh and "how did you do it?" drives me crazy. Ate better and exercised? But if you need more detail than that, you're gonna need to hear me talk about it for an hour when realistically, the person asking wants you to name some magical pill/wrap/cleansing drink they can buy and do it in a week.
    3474449k Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind it at first, it helped me see that even though I felt I had a long way to go, I was making progress. But once I actually reached a healthy BMI, people started making comments about being too thin and "loosening up" (despite my eating 2000 calories per day)... there will always be people out there with something to say when it isn't their place.

At first I don't mind when people say I'm getting too thin, and I should eat more, but I really don't like it when they get argumentative about it. I don't need to explain to them that I'm still over my BMI and get their permission to lose weight. I try to just smile and change the subject or say 'Doctor's Orders' because I am not going to explain myself. I have said 'Sorry you feel that way'.