Ok so if you have a Calorie deficit everyday does that guarantee weight loss??

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Keep in mind - scientifically proven that sugar (and particularly sucrose) makes you hungrier and crave more.

No, no it's not been scientifically been proven to be universally true in humans at all.

Rats? Maybe.

Hey @GottaBurnEmAll, I was about to Beetlejuice you in here! Please also tell us what happened with your weight when you were eating 'clean' :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    No.

Outside of the obvious - accurately weighing, measuring & logging food & drinks (that includes packaged goods, numbers can be way off), nutrition plays a role. In particular water, protein, fiber & sodium intake.

Add-in any medications you may take.

If you're a woman there are massive water fluctuations.

If you're stressed, the body reacts as well.

There is no right way, you have to find what works for you through trial & error. Even then, you'll have to switch things up every now & then.

If only it could be easy . . . best wishes!

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    It is one of those things where there is two different ways of looking at it and both are fine really. One group cut down portions from what I have seen. They eat as they did before and don't avoid fast food, they just eat less. Another group that includes myself and symbolism see that by avoiding high calorie foods we create a better lifestyle away from temptation. I find it difficult to stay under my calorie allowance if I have 'high calorie' foods or fast food.
    There is no perfect way - there is only your way. Nothing wrong with avoiding extra sugar or salt, that is your choice.
    I prefer a lifestyle change and feel better going to the gym and eating fish and vegetables with a treat once a week as opposed to small treat everyday in lower portions. Its a mentality issue, not an issue of right or wrong - surrounded by low calorie foods I feel I am doing well

That's great!! I also workout with a customized plan from a trainer. I also eat vegetables (pescatarian if I need a label) I also eat lower calorie foods and have an occasional treat.

I'm not sure what the difference is:)

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Symbolism was disagreeing with me or at least it appears so.

I have no question I was commenting overall our diets are similar I just have occasional fast food, pizza and treats too. I can moderate sugar, he seems to not be able too. He assumes "eating what I want" is a diet of fast food in smaller portions.

I'm trying to show you since you agree with him I eat pretty much like you.

It's all good:).
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

You're dismissive of low carb and yet started a thread here saying you're doing keto. Which is low carb...

You can be mindful of what you eat without cutting out all that stuff you consider 'unclean'. It's called moderation. Which is a hell of a lot more feasible than never eating cake again in my world.

That's a common misunderstanding of Keto.

Keto isn't low carb; it's low net carb. ( Carb - Fibre = Net Carb) You still consume a pretty sizeable volume of your calories through carbs but in order to maintain a ketogenic state, you ensure the majority of those carbs come from high fibre sources ( Fruits, Nuts, Low Starch Vegetables, The right sorts of Sugar)

You're also working on a macro nutrient level that ensures your body is getting enough fuel in order to sustain itself, to ensure your appetite doesn't go off the chain and that you're not removing vital food groups from your diet.

And how many Carbs are you getting a day and still be in the 20 grams or less Net Carbs? I get less than 30 Carbs in order to stay under 20 net. If you are getting more than that then I'll have to look at your diary, granted I still have a lot to learn, but to me anything under 100 g carbs is a low carb diet.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Wanna make sure I ain't wasting my time

Yes, if you consistantly have a calorie deficit then you will lose weight over time. If you don't lose weight then you don't have a calorie deficit.
    Every time you step on the scale it will not show a smaller number. Never judge your weight loss progress by just one weigh in.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • callie1976
    callie1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To lose 1 pound a week, you need a deficit of 3500 calories, or 500 calories a day. That's just plain ole science.