Help! Need help hitting Fiber goal!

Options
2»

Replies

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    kkress92 wrote: »
    Not knocking good fiber intake here, but the numbers given are a general guideline, and nothing bad will happen if you don't "hit" your goal every day. If you're WAY under, or experiencing symptoms, then bump it up, but otherwise, don't sweat it ;)

And it's important to keep in mind that too much of a good thing is.. not always "a good thing."
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    I used to have issues getting enough fiber until I started eating a bowl of bran for breakfast. A serving of Fiber One Original Bran or Post All-Bran Buds plus a half cup of almond milk tastes good if you use the vanilla varieties of almond milk, and it gets you a jump start on fiber for the day, over 12-14g of fiber as well. It's also super low on calories.

Even if you don't eat bran cereal and milk for breakfast, you can add smaller amounts of any kind of brand cereal to cottage cheese, yogurt, salads, and even ice cream to pump your fiber intake.
  • jcohen427
    jcohen427 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow - you guys rock!!! Thank you so much for all the helpful advice/tips! I'm going grocery shopping to stock up tonight :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Breakfast smoothie:

c4c5bf713724e86f336ea49e20e96878.png
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Vitatops
    Vita fusion fiber gummies
    Benefiber (I put it in my coffee)
    Fruit/veg
    Dave's Killer Bread for toast and sandwiches
    Halo Top
    Low-carb/wheat tortillas (look at the stats, they vary wildly. Trader Joe's has my favorite)

Basically look and choose options purposefully with fiber, and try to get some with each meal.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Prunes are good too. They have a bad rap but I love them.
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Flatbreads
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    The most important thing: Don't forget to increase your fiber intake sloooooooowly.
  • amadorlca
    amadorlca Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get around 70-90g a day without even thinking about it.. maybe you should check out my diary
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    The most important thing: Don't forget to increase your fiber intake sloooooooowly.

Yes, and drink water.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    @amadorica How do you know that you get that much fiber since you are not tracking it in your diary? I would be living in the bathroom if I had that much amount on a daily basis. I did check your diary and your daily carb intake is very high, and not many of us want to reach those numbers.
  • runnergrace
    runnergrace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite cheap options to have on hand is frozen raspberries. Tons of fibre and flavor- love to slightly defrost, add some unsweetened yogurt, and blend into a sorbet.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite cheap options to have on hand is frozen raspberries. Tons of fibre and flavor- love to slightly defrost, add some unsweetened yogurt, and blend into a sorbet.

Oh, berries are such a good fiber source. I love raspberries in overnight oats (not recommended unless your fiber intake is already decent because it could be too much all at once.)
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    amadorlca wrote: »
    I get around 70-90g a day without even thinking about it.. maybe you should check out my diary

You have your choices as protein, carbohydrate, fat, sugar, salt so we can't see your fiber intake. :(