True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    I lost myself somewhere along the way, and I suppose it should be sort of fun to kind of "rediscover" who I am, what I like and enjoy doing, etc. as the kids are getting older and I am starting to be able to be more of a person again. But the truth is, its hard. And its scary. Because sometimes I feel so lost that I think maybe there is nothing here anymore. But I can be funny I guess. I wonder if that is why a lot of comedians die.

How do you like your eggs?

My confession: Your post made me thing of this, I have never admitted this. But the scene in Pretty Woman where he asks her what kind of eggs she likes and she didn't know because she had always just ordered what her boyfriends did... struck a chord with me so many years ago. I had always had eggs over easy because that's what my mom liked, ordered, made.. So I started trying eggs... and figured out I really didn't like over easy eggs. I also figured there was so much more that I needed to learn about myself. May seem really silly but that's my story.

So, how do you like your eggs?

Scrambled.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    brewer054 wrote: »
    I confess last night at the gym I wanted to trip all the New Years Resolution people on the treadmills...my gym has almost 20 treadmills, and ALL of them were being used! The place was PACKED.

It will die down by February..

That's the problem I have with this! The majority of them WON'T be there by February. If you're not going to stick with it then why even be in the way?

I agree...people should never try anything new...EVER! Bunch of losers...the whole lot of em.

I know right?! The effing nerve!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I lost myself somewhere along the way, and I suppose it should be sort of fun to kind of "rediscover" who I am, what I like and enjoy doing, etc. as the kids are getting older and I am starting to be able to be more of a person again. But the truth is, its hard. And its scary. Because sometimes I feel so lost that I think maybe there is nothing here anymore. But I can be funny I guess. I wonder if that is why a lot of comedians die.

My confession: Your post made me thing of this, I have never admitted this. But the scene in Pretty Woman where he asks her what kind of eggs she likes and she didn't know because she had always just ordered what her boyfriends did... struck a chord with me so many years ago. I had always had eggs over easy because that's what my mom liked, ordered, made.. So I started trying eggs... and figured out I really didn't like over easy eggs. I also figured there was so much more that I needed to learn about myself. May seem really silly but that's my story.

Runaway Bride, wasn't it? I saw that as a kid, and while there's been many things in life about myself I've had to rediscover as I've gone in and out of relationships, knowing how I like my eggs has never been one of them. That stuck with me!
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I confess last night at the gym I wanted to trip all the New Years Resolution people on the treadmills...my gym has almost 20 treadmills, and ALL of them were being used! The place was PACKED.

That's the problem I have with this! The majority of them WON'T be there by February. If you're not going to stick with it then why even be in the way?

How do they know when they're starting out if they'll stick with it or not? Also, I really appreciate them subsidizing my gym fees. I will deal with the resolutioner chaos so I'm not paying out my *kitten* for a gym membership.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Runaway Bride, wasn't it? I saw that as a kid, and while there's been many things in life about myself I've had to rediscover as I've gone in and out of relationships, knowing how I like my eggs has never been one of them. That stuck with me!

It was in Pretty Woman, unless they did a similar scene in Runaway Bride, I never really watched that one.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

ovulating

Ha! You may want to rethink that one around here.... just sayin.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

I agree...people should never try anything new...EVER! Bunch of losers...the whole lot of em.

In stead of being a *kitten* to these new people why dont you try and help the ones out who seem really lost. You may even make a new friend or two, and help them stick to their new gym program. In our gym we are friendly, and have a nice environment, its not hard to do, just have to be a caring human being.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

ovulating

Ha! You may want to rethink that one around here.... just sayin.

he just wants to fall in love and make babies!!!! he needs those eggs
  • PowerMan40
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »

In stead of being a *kitten* to these new people why dont you try and help the ones out who seem really lost. You may even make a new friend or two, and help them stick to their new gym program. In our gym we are friendly, and have a nice environment, its not hard to do, just have to be a caring human being.

I agree...which is why I'm letting you in on this fantastic resource to help

http://www.dictionary.com/

Wow thanks man I never would have known...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

You realize we were being sarcastic, right? :) I have preached more than once already this year about everyone is a newbie at some point and to cut them some slack.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • PowerMan40
    Options

You realize we were being sarcastic, right? :) I have preached more than once already this year about everyone is a newbie at some point and to cut them some slack.

Um... sure... being out yesterday dealing with adult crap, really distorted my sense of humor, sorry.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Um... sure... being out yesterday dealing with adult crap, really distorted my sense of humor, sorry.

No worries. It happens. Gym judgers are a HUGE pet peeve of mine.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

Haha! Well played

[img]ttps://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder961/48433961.jpg[/img]

fixed the link for you. The "h" wasn't on there.
    https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder961/48433961.jpg
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I confess I haven't gone to my gym this year ...judge me please