Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    These are some good ideas for exorcising ghosts:

Exorcising ghosts and unwelcome guests.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16230729
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    My point is there is a good chance that some of the people that are in the graves died in your house.

I know that deaths occurred in the house (from its days as a hospital) but they would be buried at the confederate cemetery. We know a child died in the house and is buried in our cemetery. We found the cemetery, a fenced off portion of the property that we previously assumed was some sort of kennel or aviary, and confirmed with the local historical society that is in a cemetery. We found two numbered cast iron markers (indicative of the graves of slaves or servants) with the metal detector and stopped digging out of respect (read fear). The cemetery is large enough to possibly fit the graves of 7-8 adults. Not sure though that the child would be buried in the same area as that's not how things were done in the 1860s

Is there a way you can look up the history of your house. It sounds interesting.
  • cee134
    Options
    There are a few books. And the historical society has some articles but most of them are in regards to the gardens or the families.

I feel like you should go down to the local county store and ask the old guy in the rocking chair what he knows.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My point is there is a good chance that some of the people that are in the graves died in your house.

I know that deaths occurred in the house (from its days as a hospital) but they would be buried at the confederate cemetery. We know a child died in the house and is buried in our cemetery. We found the cemetery, a fenced off portion of the property that we previously assumed was some sort of kennel or aviary, and confirmed with the local historical society that is in a cemetery. We found two numbered cast iron markers (indicative of the graves of slaves or servants) with the metal detector and stopped digging out of respect (read fear). The cemetery is large enough to possibly fit the graves of 7-8 adults. Not sure though that the child would be buried in the same area as that's not how things were done in the 1860s

Is there a way you can look up the history of your house. It sounds interesting.

There are a few books. And the historical society has some articles but most of them are in regards to the gardens or the families.

I know you are in the south, Georgia? On an old plantation, right? I have a really good friend that just sold his house which was near Savannah and an old plantation last year because he had so many occurrences happen while he was there that he couldn't do it anymore. The last few really scared him, he won't even talk about them in detail. I am not trying to scare you at all, I just find it all super interesting and I wish I knew more about the house he owned.
  • cee134
    Options

I know you are in the south, Georgia? On an old plantation, right? I have a really good friend that just sold his his which was near Savannah and an old plantation last year because he had so many occurrences happen while he was there that he couldn't do it anymore. The last few really scared him, he won't even talk about them in detail. I am not trying to scare you at all, I just find it all super interesting and I wish I knew more about the house he owned.

Savannah is crazy as *kitten*. I was going there last fall but a damn hurricane ruined that.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    My friend maintains it is the most haunted city in the U.S., he figured out quickly why he got such a great deal on his house! I don't remember exact numbers but it was close to a million dollar house and he got for around 500K... I didn't ask what he sold it for. He is a bachelor and had so many rooms, obviously, that he would take on tenants, they never lasted long. He only had one friend that lived with him the whole time but he was ready to move when my friend was as well. There were rooms in the house that the dog wouldn't even go near.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    e3odcpoje3ru.jpg

Public service announcement
  • nolan44219
    Options
  • nolan44219
    Options
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

I know you are in the south, Georgia? On an old plantation, right? I have a really good friend that just sold his house which was near Savannah and an old plantation last year because he had so many occurrences happen while he was there that he couldn't do it anymore. The last few really scared him, he won't even talk about them in detail. I am not trying to scare you at all, I just find it all super interesting and I wish I knew more about the house he owned.

Yes to both. And I absolutely believe that your friend was having things go on in his. Thing is, my house was built in 1851 and we are only the 5th owners. People stayed in this house, the last owner stayed for for almost 60 years, 30 of them widowed and all by herself.

Oh! Wow! She was a tough old bird! I know my friend's house was also mid 1800's but I just don't know enough to say much more other than he has a lot of stories he did tell but some he won't.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Yes to both. And I absolutely believe that your friend was having things go on in his. Thing is, my house was built in 1851 and we are only the 5th owners. People stayed in this house, the last owner stayed for for almost 60 years, 30 of them widowed and all by herself.

Oh! Wow! She was a tough old bird! I know my friend's house was also mid 1800's but I just don't know enough to say much more other than he has a lot of stories he did tell but some he won't.

We've been here 7 months so far. I haven't experienced anything that makes me want to leave. Mostly just what the actual *kitten*?

I hope it stays that way!
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Today I was waiting or a guy to get off the bench and I guess I was staring bc he's like, excuse me do yoi need help? And I told him I just needed the bench to give me a boost to reach the pullup bar (bc I'm like 3 feet tall). He stood up and I thought he was gonna slide the bench over, but he just walked over and picked me up so I can reach the bar and continued curling with the other arm like wtf ew dont touch me and also how do I get down
    Weirdesttt thing that has ever happened to me I'm still trying to process what happened
  • cee134
    Options
    lauamy96 wrote: »
    Today I was waiting or a guy to get off the bench and I guess I was staring bc he's like, excuse me do yoi need help? And I told him I just needed the bench to give me a boost to reach the pullup bar (bc I'm like 3 feet tall). He stood up and I thought he was gonna slide the bench over, but he just walked over and picked me up so I can reach the bar and continued curling with the other arm like wtf ew dont touch me and also how do I get down
    Weirdesttt thing that has ever happened to me I'm still trying to process what happened

How did you get down?
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    lauamy96 wrote: »

How did you get down?

I just hung there for a bit until I mustered enough courage to drop down lol.
This discussion has been closed.