Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

your input please gentlemen...

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    in all these pictures featured, even the "larger" ladies, look like they carry their weight well, they look tight, smooth and fine.
    when i was larger - but still smaller than a lot of these ladies, i looked lardy, dumpy, pastey, flabby and with cellulite.
    I wonder if even some of the pictures are airbrushed, or whether i just have always been seriously unlucky with the way i carry weight.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    in all these pictures featured, even the "larger" ladies, look like they carry their weight well, they look tight, smooth and fine.
    when i was larger - but still smaller than a lot of these ladies, i looked lardy, dumpy, pastey, flabby and with cellulite.
    I wonder if even some of the pictures are airbrushed, or whether i just have always been seriously unlucky with the way i carry weight.

I think you are built like me. I can't carry extra weight at all. It doesn't go on my bottom or hips, it all goes on round my middle and arms.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    I showed hubby "the chart" and he says I'm an 11, though personally I'd like to think I'm in some kind of purgatory between 11 & 5.

His ideal is somewhere between 3 & 4, though 4's rack is a bit riDONKulous. (This makes me even more wary of his input at last week's consult for my augmentation surgery next month. Granted 4's boobs balance out the curvature of her butt in profile, but at any other angle she'd be top-heavy to me. I'd also like to wear a normal-fitted shirt without my boobs causing the illusion of looking fat, just MHO.)

In line with the discrepancy with the male ideal of Anna and the female ideal of Tillie, I find 2 & 5 most attractive. Had they picked 4 better (full C instead of DD+), I'd probably back that too.

I find 14 a piss poor example of "average", her waist-to-hip ratio SUX.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member

So the stereotype is that guys love the super skinny hollywood/airbrushed models. Is this true?

Nope.jpg
  • Schwiggity
    Actually, if I can ransack this thread a bit. I was curious myself after coming across this picture.

iwivbn.jpg

I like 4, 8, and 15. I like pudgy the most. Most important for me is the face, the rest of the body, as long as she's not super obese is fine.

12, 13, 17. Dayumn.
  • clayeth54
    clayeth54 Posts: 13
    I think the key is having a healthy body. Everyone has a "natural" size for themselves. If you have more weight on you than you were designed to cary, it's not going to look good. Personally, I LOVE curves.

From the earlier picture posted, I'd say 8, 3, 5, then 11. But realize, not everyone is going to have the genetic ability to achieve the ideal hourglass figure, or the time and dedication a super-athletic (think, professional athlete) body. And notice, they weren't my #1 choice anyway. I threw out 4 and 10 because I think every guy likes boobs, so we can just assume that one of my selections + curves in the chest area > without.

Ultimately, your personality and face are going to be the most important. Having any of the "healthy" body types will be just fine.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Actually, if I can ransack this thread a bit. I was curious myself after coming across this picture.

http://i54.tinypic.com/iwivbn.jpg

Not sure if it's offensive - at least I don't think it is, but what I found interesting was to find what I see myself as, and what my goal would look like.

My boyfriend said that he thinks 2 and 3 are what the media deems 'beautiful' - and he wishes that women like 8,9, and 11 would replace that. I see myself as a 9, and I want to be a 3 or 5 ;)

This has been the most eye-opening thread. Thank you to all the gentleman for their input! I would say the descriptions on this picture seem to be pretty accurate but I am so surprised at the men's input on what they find beautiful. My eyes immediately draw to #2 as the most beautiful body type...which I will never look like, realistically. Immediately I think, that's what every guy wants - it's what is all over our TV and magazines, right? It's so encouraging to hear the responses and #2 was barely even mentioned. Love the fact that the real women types on this picture are getting the attention. :wink:
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    A big thanks to the original poster for this- its refreshing to hear that guys like girls who do not starve themselves or lose weight in an unhealthy way. Sometimes us normal gals need this reassurance!

Jam
    Ditto!!
  • rhan90
    rhan90 Posts: 26 Member
    if you say a woman is thick, i take it it doesnt mean shes stupid in America?

Looking at that chart, I would guess thick meals big in the *kitten* and thighs, small waist.

It can mean both.

in england it would only ever mean stupid if you were talking about a person

and in Australia too. Never heard of 'thick' being used to describe body shapes until MFP came along! :)
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257

Looking at that chart, I would guess thick meals big in the *kitten* and thighs, small waist.

It can mean both.

I've lived all my 57 years here in the US, and I'm pretty sure I had never heard the term "thick" used colloquially to describe a woman's build until I read this thread. At the same time, it wouldn't be the usual Americanism for "stupid," either. Here, the equivalent would probably be to describe someone as being "dense." I think most of us would understand "thick" as "stupid, especially if the speaker's accent reminded us of the guys on "Top Gear."

I am from the U.S. and I have heard "thick" to describe a woman before... I would associate it with a woman who is a little bit bigger boned. She looks good with a little more meat on her bones. If she was stick thin she would look gaunt and sickly. That is just what comes to mind when I think about it.
    The word "thick" really started becoming popular in rap songs & things like that.
    I had a boyfriend call me thick once & I took it as an insult for a while until I realized what he meant.
    To me it's a weird word to use for that meaning.
  • Schwiggity

It can mean both.

I've lived all my 57 years here in the US, and I'm pretty sure I had never heard the term "thick" used colloquially to describe a woman's build until I read this thread. At the same time, it wouldn't be the usual Americanism for "stupid," either. Here, the equivalent would probably be to describe someone as being "dense." I think most of us would understand "thick" as "stupid, especially if the speaker's accent reminded us of the guys on "Top Gear."

I am from the U.S. and I have heard "thick" to describe a woman before... I would associate it with a woman who is a little bit bigger boned. She looks good with a little more meat on her bones. If she was stick thin she would look gaunt and sickly. That is just what comes to mind when I think about it.
    The word "thick" really started becoming popular in rap songs & things like that.
    I had a boyfriend call me thick once & I took it as an insult for a while until I realized what he meant.
    To me it's a weird word to use for that meaning.

It's just gotta be culture/generational because I always think of thick in the way the chart describes it. Also know as "thiyuck".
  • Schwiggity

http://i54.tinypic.com/iwivbn.jpg

Not sure if it's offensive - at least I don't think it is, but what I found interesting was to find what I see myself as, and what my goal would look like.

My boyfriend said that he thinks 2 and 3 are what the media deems 'beautiful' - and he wishes that women like 8,9, and 11 would replace that. I see myself as a 9, and I want to be a 3 or 5 ;)

This has been the most eye-opening thread. Thank you to all the gentleman for their input! I would say the descriptions on this picture seem to be pretty accurate but I am so surprised at the men's input on what they find beautiful. My eyes immediately draw to #2 as the most beautiful body type...which I will never look like, realistically. Immediately I think, that's what every guy wants - it's what is all over our TV and magazines, right? It's so encouraging to hear the responses and #2 was barely even mentioned. Love the fact that the real women types on this picture are getting the attention. :wink:

I'm sure some guys like thinner women, and I wouldn't kick 1,2, or 3 out of bed, but there is no sweeping generalization for attraction. Just look at the adult film industry. There's a fetish for everything, including every body type.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    044.460x325.jpg

I don't find any of those women 'unattractive' really. What stands out is what someone else mentioned...smoothness. No rolls or lumps on the larger versions...they look like 'stretched' versions of the middle...which makes them somewhat unrealistic as compared to many larger bodied women.

None of them suit my ideal...though a shorter version of the center young lady is closest.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I would think my husband's ideal would be 5 or 7, or Stephanie. I like that 5 and 7 have thicker thighs, which is my problem area. I wouldn't mind looking like that either but don't think I have the time or energy. I'm probably a 14 with bigger hips and thighs now (but not quite 8).

I think only the fashion industry thinks the stick-thin models are attractive, or they think they make clothing look better. Really they are just walking mannequins. Their job is to sell fashion, not attract men.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    So I showed my husband that scale posted earlier. He said "It's a trap!" and would have no more of it.

I'm willing to bet my husband has the same reaction.
  • FatBoyTriathlete
    FatBoyTriathlete Posts: 21 Member
    1 & 2 look ill. If I saw them on the street I'd probably guess they had a drug habit.

Assuming they are all clever and funny which is far more important... I think 12 and 8 look the best.

My wife thought she'd like to look like 5.. luckily for me she's much more of a 12. Sadly she wont believe me when I tell her I think she looks great.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Personally, I think Miss Average is anything but average. It's just a candid photo in normal clothes.

And Miss Pudgy wouldn't look pudgy at all if she was wearing shorts that didn't come from the little girl's section of the store.

Voluptuous Chubby looks more fit and toned than Voluptuous. She has more muscle definition.
  • Dear OP and all other females in forum. It is THIS simple:

Do you love and respect yourself, and does it show? If the answer is yes, well....
    You're attractive.

Leave the details aside they are irrelevant.
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    ugh, gross, I HATE the word "thick". Someone referred to me as "kinda thick" before, and I was so offended. It makes me think of something wide, and I don't think anyone wants to be described as wide...lol. Plus it sounds so ghetto and unintelligent. Voluptuous is a much nicer sounding word, I can deal with that ;)
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Dear OP and all other females in forum. It is THIS simple:

Do you love and respect yourself, and does it show? If the answer is yes, well....
    You're attractive.

Leave the details aside they are irrelevant.

Thank you! :)

Sometimes its difficult for us ladies to make this realization. This has been an eye opener!