your input please gentlemen...

Options

Replies

• AmberJenay
    AmberJenay Posts: 24
    Options
    Great thread. And to Stephanie I am kinda where you were now. I am in a new relationship with a triathalon participant and avid runner and although I am not "out of shape" I feel too soft in areas and want to tone up and be able to workout with him and feel like a match although he thinks I'm fine the way I am. I have curves and definitely don't want to lose them I just want to shed some pounds and tone up some of the jiggle lol. I love MFP
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I enjoy having a bit of insight into what men really like because I think, as women, we think they all want Barbie dolls. Perhaps if we knew what REAL men want in a woman we wouldn't be so hard on ourselves?

You are probably 100 percent right!

but do you think the guys on here are being 100% honest or just being supportive or saying what they think we wanna hear out of fear of a bunch of angry women coming at them? LOL

For myself, I can swear on anything you choose that I've been 100% honest. Granted...I've thought about not saying various things to possibly save feelings...but honesty won out.

Honesty is something everyone deserves, as long as you don't have to be blatantly hurtful to do it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I enjoy having a bit of insight into what men really like because I think, as women, we think they all want Barbie dolls. Perhaps if we knew what REAL men want in a woman we wouldn't be so hard on ourselves?

but do you think the guys on here are being 100% honest or just being supportive or saying what they think we wanna hear out of fear of a bunch of angry women coming at them? LOL

The guys on here are probably a little biased as they most likely have weight to lose themselves which might naturally make them attracted more voluptuous women. But I don't doubt that they are being honest. I don't know many men even in real live that would find #1 or #2 attractive.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any of the body types described in the pictures. I'd describe myself as fit, almost athletic with a touch of an hourglass, but not compared to those photos. I'm probably closest to the shape on "Voluptuous," but with less boobage.

My husband thinks I'm constantly trying to trick him when I say, "Is that about how I look?" but I really have no idea. And it's not an insecurity thing, because I think I look better than I've ever looked before. I feel the same, as an artist, when I'm doing a painting, and I know it looks good, but I don't know if it's DONE yet. A few more brush strokes? A few more pounds? Is that going to be too much? Not enough? Luckily - I guess! - I'm never going to be truly done with my body. It's not like there's a deadline or anything, a time when I say, "That's it!" and stop. Just keep tweaking.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to wind up a "6", and i haven't seen any male votes for that particular model. Guess my hubby is the only one that likes muscular women. :D
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'll take mine just a little on the trashy side, thank you.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    So I showed my husband that scale posted earlier. He said "It's a trap!" and would have no more of it.

LOL!!! Thats hilarious!!!

That would be exactly my husband's response too.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    So I showed my husband that scale posted earlier. He said "It's a trap!" and would have no more of it.

LOL!!! Thats hilarious!!!

That would be exactly my husband's response too.

Are you both married to Admiral Ackbar?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to wind up a "6", and i haven't seen any male votes for that particular model. Guess my hubby is the only one that likes muscular women. :D

My husband and I both like muscular women but I just don't know how realistic / common 6 is. She must have some good genetics (or more likely fake boobs). I don't think I'd retain that many curves while having all that muscle...
  • fteale
    Options
    I am married to someone who works in the triathlon industry and knows better than to try to compare me to pictures of other women, as he has to deal with a lot of sports models and pictures of models at work.
  • fteale
    Options

My husband and I both like muscular women but I just don't know how realistic / common 6 is. She must have some good genetics (or more likely fake boobs). I don't think I'd retain that many curves while having all that muscle...

I think 6 has a completely unnatural shape. The boobs are definitely fake, they are too high to be real, and her waist is tiny for those hips. Good genes, implants and lipo IMO.
  • fteale
    Options
    I think 5 and 11 look the best btw.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'll take mine just a little on the trashy side, thank you.

Haha, that made me laugh.

My boyfriend actually told me the reason he was initially attracted to me was my butt. I've got an athletic lower half, with muscular thighs and a bubble-butt, so those have always been my favorite parts that people tend to notice first. We met at a bar, and I was leaning over to get a beer from the bartender, and he noticed my butt. He then offered me a drink, and we got to know each other, but he was definitely into that extra "oomph" in the back initially.

After giving birth and having an extra 20lbs leftover thanks to breastfeeding, he preferred the extra squish. Actually, when I started losing weight, he kept grabbing for my love handles and saying things like "But they're going away! Why would you make them go away?" in a sad puppy voice. And he's pretty slender, never had a problem with weight in his life; he just prefers a bit extra to grab onto.

I would agree with most of the guys here that have said that most men would be attracted to a woman with confidence more than just a great body, just like a women is going to be more attracted to a guy who's not a douche-cake, even if he's not in the greatest shape. I've dated men who were anything from very slender to a tad chunky, and their body type was never the deciding factor. Who they were was always far more important than how they were built, so long as they were still healthy and able to keep up with me on a hike once in a while. I'm sure most men feel exactly the same way.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i asked my boyfriend which he thought was the best, and he said they all look like idiots posing and he didnt base his opinions on someone on what bodyshape they have

sanctimonious git :laugh:
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options

For myself, I can swear on anything you choose that I've been 100% honest. Granted...I've thought about not saying various things to possibly save feelings...but honesty won out.

Honesty is something everyone deserves, as long as you don't have to be blatantly hurtful to do it.

Totally agree!!!! Hurtful truth is one of those things that you have to ask yourself am I doing this out of love or not? and if it is not then it is probably best to keep your mouth shut! lol!!! So thanks for your honesty!!!! :)
    Hugs and encouragement!
    Hannah
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    By the way, I asked my boyfriend which body type he prefers, and he said pretty much any of them look nice, except the last two. He actually preferred the voluptuous, thick, super thick, and athletic over everything else.

He also wanted to add that the "average" one would be more "thin" in his mind, with the "thin" one being more like an unattainable model-type, and not actually "thin".
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I've never judged a women based on her body weight/type. So many things can be the cause of someone's size not just because they chose to overeat, be unhealthy, and/or lazy.
    Sounds cliche' but I base my preferences on personality rather than body type. Bad attitude is more of a turnoff than some extra pounds.
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    My husband liked "somewhere between 8 and 6". I'm nowhere near well-endowed enough to reach number 6 proportions, but interesting that he went for someone so muscular (I'm way nearer 8). He also asked if there was a male equivalent chart to go by (I think he wants me to choose a body now, having been put under pressure by me, lol).

I searched in vain, but was quite happy to find this:
    male-objectification-buttocks.jpg
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My husband liked "somewhere between 8 and 6". I'm nowhere near well-endowed enough to reach number 6 proportions, but interesting that he went for someone so muscular (I'm way nearer 8). He also asked if there was a male equivalent chart to go by (I think he wants me to choose a body now, having been put under pressure by me, lol).

I searched in vain, but was quite happy to find this:
    male-objectification-buttocks.jpg

I'll take one of the ones in the white bikini there.

Tyvm.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    One for the ladies... :)

46902_1427178911882_1005065367_30956826_5411049_n.jpg

The guy 2nd from the left is the only one who might be truly wearing the kilt the way it should be worn. :wink: