Halo Top lite ice cream

Options

Replies

• daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I tried the peanut butter cup. There is no chocolate! I was thinking it was going to be chocolate & peanut butter but no peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter swirls. It tastes good but upset my stomach. So I agree with above I'll stick to small portion of real stuff
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I love it. I actually eat more ice cream now than I did before I took responsibility for my weight. The chocolate is really good. Pistachio is good but the flavor is a little bland. The lemon cake is delicious.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I tried it and was not impressed at all. I got the lemon cake flavor. It tasted okay but the texture was weird. It's kinda like sherbet but . . . drier. Or something.

Then again I am a big ice cream snob so take my opinion with that in mind.
  • asbandr
    asbandr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having a bowl of the mint chip right now! I like it. I'd absolutely rather have regular ice cream, but I do enjoy this after a long hard day of dieting. It's best of you let it thaw a tad before eating it. It's creamier and more like regular ice cream then.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I tried it and was not impressed at all. I got the lemon cake flavor. It tasted okay but the texture was weird. It's kinda like sherbet but . . . drier. Or something.

Then again I am a big ice cream snob so take my opinion with that in mind.

Lemon cake is probably my least favorite flavor - but then again I'm not a big lemon person anyway and eating real lemon cake would be far, far down on my list of yummy things, so there's that. My favorites so far are PB Cup, Oatmeal Cookie, Mocha Chip, Red Velvet and Mint Chip. The Red Velvet thing surprised me because I'm not a huge red velvet cake fan either, but to me it actually tastes more like Black Forest Cake - has that chocolate/ dark cherry thing going on. To me it actually tastes more like cherry than the Black Cherry flavor does (which I found decent, but a bit bland). I'd agree that the pistachio is a little weak also - not bad, but not a strong flavor.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Love it. I am so glad I'm over my lactose intolerance and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I love the new peanut butter, oatmeal cookie and salted caramel flavors. My favorite of the older flavors is mint chocolate chip.

how does one get over lactose intolerance?

I get it intermittently when I have gastric issues. It passes. It might be something else, but for now, that's what my doctor has agreed to call it. I have the classic symptoms of it when a few things happen.

I have celiac disease and experience it when I'm exposed to gluten.

This last bout was due to having to take antibiotics. That was bad. It lasted almost a year.

Yep, this is me, too. IBS flares up, intolerance to dairy rears its head.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almond crunch was so nasty to me that I actually threw it away which seldomly occurs for me. My favorites are birthday cake, red velvet, oatmeal cookie, and vanilla bean.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Halo Top and have been a fan for 4 years or so. I've tried every flavor and love them all. Here's the scoop on how they rank (in my opinion, of course):

From least favorite to favorite:
    • Chocolate Almond Crunch
    • Cookies & Cream
    • Black Cherry
    • Cookie Dough
    • Strawberry
    • Red Velvet
    • Mocha Chip
    • Lemon Cake
    • Sea Salt Caramel
    • Pistachio
    • Birthday Cake
    • S'mores
    • Oatmeal Cookie
    • Chocolate
    • Vanilla
    • Mint Chip
    • PB Cup

I do agree that it's rather expensive (even when on sale for $3.99), and there's really no reason why it should be. Blue Bunny and Kemps also have great sugar free options for far cheaper. Regardless, my freezer is overflowing with Halo Top.

WTH?!!! My store has like 3 flavors of this! I feel so cheated.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I tried the birthday cake when I randomly found it in the wrong freezer section at my grocery store. I could never find it again so I went to Costco and got their 4 pack of vanilla. I love putting it in shakes.
    They have halo at Costco??
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this post, I had it for the first time this weekend. Had some sort of chocolate variety and I ate it all over 2 nights. I was so impressed with the flavor that I'm gonna try a new one next weekend.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any of the new flavors, but strawberry and lemon cake are my favorites. Admittedly, now that it's winter and cold all the time I don't really crave them.

Also, if you buy 8 at Whole Foods, they treat it as a case and knock off 10%.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My local Whole Foods finally got some of the new flavors this week. From the old flavors, my favorites were vanilla and lemon. From the new ones, I've tried cookie dough and red velvet, both of which are alright. I like Halo Top, but it's no comparison to regular ice cream. But it satisfies my sweet tooth and I don't feel awful when I eat it.

I stocked up on all the new flavors my Whole Foods had available, so in my freezer I also have black cherry, smores, and salted caramel to try. I'm dying to try the oatmeal cookie and pb cup, but my Whole Foods doesn't have them yet :'(
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I am trying an obscure brand called Haagen something but have not lost any weight, even though I eat a pint a day. What am I doing wrong? :o

You're making me want to quote Mean Girls, but all I can remember is something about the label being in Swedish and everyone in Africa can read Swedish. Then whatever. I'm getting some cheesy fries.

Clearly I need to watch Mean Girls again.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I prefer the 240 calorie ones without chunks because I eat the whole thing. They are super expensive in NYC. Over 7 bucks per pint, and I was eating one like every night. I'm trying to chill. They also kind of get my sweet tooth going. I feel like I could eat a whole second pint after I finish.