Maintenance Check January 2017

Options

Replies

• bradkyleeheller
    bradkyleeheller Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join too.
    Only just got to my lowest weight ever right on Christmas at 128.5 so went a bit crazy between Christmas and new year. Now in maintenance for the first time.

Kylee
    SW 145.5
    CW 129.1
    3 months to loose.
    happy range 128.9 - 131.8

2 Jan 131.1
    9 Jan
    16 Jan
    23 Jan
    30 Jan

Highs/lows- so happy the Christmas weight gain didn't hang around. But I'm scared of loosing more weight than necessary while trying to keep my muscles. Since learning how to loose weight I can do that. I'm not sure how to tackle maintenance like when I have a very active day and ate my standard MFP calories for the day but at the end of the day I have the active calories added I didn't not even touch what do I do not to loose weight eat cake on bedtime?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Name: Lori
    Total Weight lost: 148
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

1/1/17 154.6#
    1/9/17 154.6# (I've NEVER been at the exact same weight for 10 days running!)

OMG am I screwed up or what? I posted weight for 1/9 on 1/5 aND I already posted for the week. Please disregard!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Checking in today! My week runs Monday through Sunday.
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 47 - 50 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: almost 2 years (March 2017)
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Week of...
    2nd January: 130.8 = weekly average)
    9th January: 130.6= weekly average/129.8 today's (Sunday's) actual weight
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Keeping my schedule at the gym.
  • bradkyleeheller
    bradkyleeheller Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Kylee
    SW 145.5
    CW 129.1
    3 months to loose.
    happy range 128.9 - 131.8

2 Jan 59.5 kg, 131.1
    9 Jan 59.2kg, 130.5
    16 Jan
    23 Jan
    30 Jan

Highs/lows- Greatfull not to have added weight over the week. Need to stay away from high cal no nutritional value food as I'm not feeling as good (healthy).

I have added the kgs, as that is the measurement I use and means more to me.

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea OP!
    In before January 9th!

Name: Tina
    Total Weight lost: 60ish
    Time it took to lose: ~8 months
    How long in maintenance: ~1 year
    Maintenance weight range: 108-114 lbs

Week of...
    2nd January: 109.14 average
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Classes are stressing me out, and it's only been syllabus week. I'm a very competitive stepper on FitBit, but based on my schedule this semester, I likely won't have as much time to win as many challenges :(
    Despite the time constraints that lie ahead, I've successfully averaged 20k+ steps a day this past week. :)
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    powered85 wrote: »
    fidangul wrote: »
    It seems everyone is more or less on track. Our first week of maintenance together is going well. Personally, I'm not looking forward to the next weigh-in. But there's still time for that.

I'm one of the few who went over their maintenance level the last 2 weeks. Thought there'd be more in this bucket.... However great work everyone for keeping on point over the holidays!

Nope I was over since Halloween haha, so my maintenance is get back to maintenance levels

Me too. I've gone way over my comfortable maintenance range over Christmas - the first time since I hit maintenance - but it's going back down easily enough.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Name: Shelley
    Total weight lost: 147 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 999 days
    How long in maintenance: 28 days
    Maintenance range: 149-154 [/quote]

1/2/17 150.6 #
    1/9/17 151 #

Dang, I'm actually surprised my weight wasn't higher this morning.
    My struggle this last week has been middle of the night hunger (and eating!) and less physical activity.
    I could blame the lack of exercise on the horrid weather we've had here...but that would just be an excuse. Last year during the ice and snow I was out with my trekking poles and traction thingies on my snow boots. Nope..I've just been a bit lazy.
    I checked my exercise minutes report and when looking at the 90 day view I see a definite downward trend.
    So, my plan is: eat a low cal snack before bedtime and to get my lazy butt outside walking a minimum of 30 minutes. So, eat less and move more! ;)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    SW:195
    CW:128
    GW: was 135
    Total Weight lost: 67 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 10 months to original goal + lost for about 5 months after reaching that goal.
    How long in maintenance: 5 months ?
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130

Week of...
    2nd January: 128.4
    9th January: 127.6
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/Struggle for the week: My struggle this week was not getting to walk or run because of the weather. I know some will think that it is just an excuse, but I live in Texas and we do not typically have weather in the 20's with wind chills in the teens and lower. I do not have the right type of clothing for working out in that cold of weather. My success was that I still did my yoga every day and I seem to be maintaining my weight so even missing the walks/runs I feel good. It is already warmer today so I plan to get out there and walk this week. I can handle the 40's, just not the 20's.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Cold, snowy weather can be a real downer for exercise, especially if you live in a place that does not regularly get that crummy weather. I walk around the inside of my house when it gets nasty out. There are lots of exercise videos on youtube as well. Since most of us are on maintenance, I guess we know most of our alternatives to perfect weather B)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Cold, snowy weather can be a real downer for exercise, especially if you live in a place that does not regularly get that crummy weather. I walk around the inside of my house when it gets nasty out. There are lots of exercise videos on youtube as well. Since most of us are on maintenance, I guess we know most of our alternatives to perfect weather B)

It's cold, but thankfully not snowing where I live. YES. I am always grateful for YouTube.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

Name: Lori
    Total Weight lost: 148
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

1/1/17 154.6#
    1/9/17 155#
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My name is Irina.
    Starting weight 220 lbs.
    Current 151 lbs.
    Took about 8 months to lose
    Maintaining for 2 months
    Would like to stay within 148-153 lbs range for now. Maybe eventually try to go down a little more or aim for recomp.
    January 2nd -152 lbs
    January 9th - 150.8 lbs
    Success /struggles of the week- still too much leftover holiday junk food around, keep on getting into it. Keeping more regular exercise schedule.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread!

name- Stephanie
    time in maint- roughly 30 years, give or take, excluding pregnancy
    GR: 115-120

My goal was to thoroughly enjoy the heck out of the holidays while maintaining. Looks like I achieved at least one goal! I think I put on a pound or two. I haven't been weighing daily so it might take a couple days to see through the water fluctuations and get an average CW.

Last week my scale weight dropped 3.5lb in 3 days, appreciably greater fluctuation than normal for me. 7-day average was 115.4 but low weight was 114.0. I'm still not sure what starting weight to ascribe (to calculate TDEE ongoing). I tend to put more stock on 10-day low weight, since dehydration isn't a normal risk for me. Lots of factors can contribute to water retention and inflate the scale number, but there isn't anything analogous that artificially depresses the scale number. How do you all establish an accurate starting weight for the year?
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Name: Vicky
    Total Weight lost: 85-90 lbs (depending on where in my maintenance range I am!)
    Time it took to lose: About 1 year
    How long in maintenance: Since April of 2016
    Maintenance weight range: 123-127. Mid 120s feels good to me.

I've been a bit on the high end since coming back from vacation. I was 126 on 1/2/17 after my vacation, and now I'm sitting at about 127.

My biggest struggle the past 10 days has been I've been fighting some sort of illness. Chest congestion, sinus congestion, aches and pains, a fever on and off. I've tried to work out 3 times in the past 10 days and each time left me feeling way worse so I have been trying to listen to my body and not push it. My calorie intake has been fine, and I probably should decrease it a little bit since I'm not exercising but my body also feels like it needs food. So I just need to get through this sickness and then January should be ok!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the thread!

name- Stephanie
    time in maint- roughly 30 years, give or take, excluding pregnancy
    GR: 115-120

My goal was to thoroughly enjoy the heck out of the holidays while maintaining. Looks like I achieved at least one goal! I think I put on a pound or two. I haven't been weighing daily so it might take a couple days to see through the water fluctuations and get an average CW.

Last week my scale weight dropped 3.5lb in 3 days, appreciably greater fluctuation than normal for me. 7-day average was 115.4 but low weight was 114.0. I'm still not sure what starting weight to ascribe (to calculate TDEE ongoing). I tend to put more stock on 10-day low weight, since dehydration isn't a normal risk for me. Lots of factors can contribute to water retention and inflate the scale number, but there isn't anything analogous that artificially depresses the scale number. How do you all establish an accurate starting weight for the year?
    @ahoy_m8 - I didn't worry about it being accurate. I stepped on the scale as soon as I got up (and after I went to the bathroom) on the 4th, and that was my starting weight. Since it was a Wednesday, the next Wednesday I got up, went to the bathroom and took another weight reading. So long as the scale is doing what I want it to do (moving in the right direction OR staying about where I want it to) I don't worry about the actual number too terribly much. That's why I have such a wide maintenance range. :) I figure if my clothes fit, I'm doing fine.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Total Weight lost: 85lbs
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 2.5yrs
    Maintenance weight range: 165-170lbs (6' M)

Week of...
    2nd January: 173.2lbs
    9th January: 170.4lbs
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Holiday water weight is likely gone now. Glad to see things going in right direction. Back to cardio and slowly getting on a better food rhythm. Still adjusting to lower calorie intake (was running over maintenance for a few wks) . Another week and I should be on a good pattern to drive down towards the midrange of maintenance weight in a few more weeks. Continuing to do light lifting almost daily so recomp will be happening a bit while running a slight deficit.