Ravenclaw Common Room

Options
azsuzi
azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
Welcome Ravenclaws! As promised, the Ravenclaw Common Room is now open. Here we can share our stories, offer our support and pose weekly challenges. I'm excited to continue our weight loss journeys together!

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning RAVENCLAW!!!!!!!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaws!! off to see HP again..this time in 3D!! glad we aren't breaking the thread!! thanks azsuzi..you are the best Head of House ever!! :flowerforyou:
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws!! psb13- let us know if the 3D is worth seeing, I'm sure it is but won't get to see it in 3D until next week so feedback appreciated!
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I am so excited about this common room! :)
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I am so excited about this common room! :)
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    soo happy about the ravenclaw common room!! =) bumping for later!!
  • psb13
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws!! psb13- let us know if the 3D is worth seeing, I'm sure it is but won't get to see it in 3D until next week so feedback appreciated!
    honestly didn't like the 3D as much as the regular one. maybe it's just me, but i didn't think i could see faces and facial expressions as well!! i believe i actually cried more this time!! i was able to concentrate more on the emotions and less on the action. my daughter wanted to stop in to FYI to see about pre-ordering the dvd!! think it might be a little early for that...Christmas release maybe??
  • azsuzi
    Options
    honestly didn't like the 3D as much as the regular one. maybe it's just me, but i didn't think i could see faces and facial expressions as well!! i believe i actually cried more this time!! i was able to concentrate more on the emotions and less on the action. my daughter wanted to stop in to FYI to see about pre-ordering the dvd!! think it might be a little early for that...Christmas release maybe??
    I was thinking Christmas release too. Seems to be about the right timing.

Thanks for the 3-D feedback. I was wondering if I wanted to try to see the 3-D version or not. I think I'll pass - I haven't heard anyone say it was worth the extra cost.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey there fellow Ravenclaws

I went and saw it on Thursday night in 3D but didn't see it in 2D so am not sure which one was better quality.

I thought the movie was bloody amazing and had a few tears in my eyes especially at Snape's memories and the end bit. I loved how everyone cheered when Molly and Bellatrix were fighting.

:D
  • the_accountinator
    Options
    Hello Fellow Ravenclaws!

I had SUCH an AMAZING time at the midnight premiere!! There were so many people and wizard duels all over the place! And on top of that, for the first time in a while, I didn't feel squeezed to death in the theater seats! Yay for a NSV!!

I only saw it in 2D. My family has a history of motion sickness problems, and since I've noticed it a bit myself as I get older, I'm afraid the 3D may just make me dizzy.

But 2D still kicked *kitten*!!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Coolio, thanks for the 3D feeedback! I think I will see it still in 3D when there's a big group of us ready to go, but I won't get too excited just in case. Thanks, guys.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaw! So, how do you want to do this? Have weekly weigh-ins and challenges and house points with maybe monthly weight loss goals?? For myself, I found that the weekly weigh ins kept me focused and I liked the challenges and the competition for house points.

If we want to keep the challenges going, I need some ideas from everyone. What are you trying to change in your life that we might be able to use as a group challenge?

If we want to keep the weigh-ins going - I need everyone's starting weight (yesterday's?).

Are you ready? Let's go Ravenclaw!!
  • Ren0913
    Ren0913 Posts: 58
    Options
    I love that we are keeping this going. I'm sorry for making a trend of being late, I just have to travel a lot for my job :[ But hope to keep losing weight with you guys! Movie was amazing!!!!
  • psb13
    Options
    i agree with the weekly weigh ins-the accountability helps me stay on track. my starting weight would be 188 (2lbs under my HP goal!!) :bigsmile: i will put my thinking cap on in regards to the house points ideas. (reread the last 4 chapters of DH2 last night)
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws! Glad to be back here, I went WAAAAAY off track while in Ireland. Like, I've never gained so much weight so fast in my life I don't think. So I really need to get back on track. And I'm hoping you guys will be as awesome as you were during the HP challenge.

Speaking of HP, I haven't seen DHP2 yet! I wasn't able to while in Ireland, and I was too jet lagged to see it yesterday. I think my mom and I are going to try to see it tonight. I can't wait to see it, but I'm a little sad and almost don't want to, because it will mean it's all over!

Oh, and one more thing... I'm meeting Tom Felton on Friday. Like for reals. I'll try to post a picture after! I can't wait!
  • psb13
    Options
    Oh, and one more thing... I'm meeting Tom Felton on Friday. Like for reals. I'll try to post a picture after! I can't wait!
    details please!!! :noway:
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options

There is a movie theatre by my house that does celebrity meet and greets occasionally. They were able to get Tom Felton to come this Friday, and I was lucky enough to snag two tickets for myself and one of my best friends, who is a huge Potter fan (and is in love with Tom lol). It's her birthday in a few days too, so I'm giving her Tom as a birthday present! :laugh:
  • azsuzi
    Options

There is a movie theatre by my house that does celebrity meet and greets occasionally. They were able to get Tom Felton to come this Friday, and I was lucky enough to snag two tickets for myself and one of my best friends, who is a huge Potter fan (and is in love with Tom lol). It's her birthday in a few days too, so I'm giving her Tom as a birthday present! :laugh:

What a present! Sounds like loads of fun! :D
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Here is the last post from Ravenclaw - Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge thread:
    OK Ravenclaw. Here are the results for our final weigh in. We had 20 to complete the challenge - that is AWESOME!! Overall, we lost 264.6 pounds (including those who didn't finish)! That is an amazing number! Of those who weighed in for the final time, we lost 229.1 pounds and 5.943%. Way to go Ravenclaw!! :drinker:

Top honors go to:
    Cherubcrnp - 33 pounds lost and 11.96%
    MomofJandA - 13 pounds lost and 9.09%
    azsuzi - 16 pounds lost and 8.70%

Our house point winner is MomofJandA with 106 total points!

I hope the other houses will post their ending results for the house cup winner. So far there's been absolutely no activity on their threads for a couple of days...

And the charts:

RavenclawFinal.jpg

HousePointsFinal.jpg

It was fun! Congratulations everyone!!
  • psb13
    Options

now that's what i call a good friend!! enjoy, and be sure to fill us in afterwards!! :happy: