Dirty hair after working out.

I don't like washing my hair everyday so I do it every other. Does anyone have any tips to make your hair feel less dirty after working out? Makes me feel gross.

Thanks

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I vote to wash it if it feels dirty. In the winter I'll do a hot water rinse in the shower every other day. Maybe that'll help?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I use dry shampoo. Depending on your hair color - you can get tented so you don't have the white, powdery look.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    I don't like washing my hair everyday so I do it every other. Does anyone have any tips to make your hair feel less dirty after working out? Makes me feel gross.

Thanks

Letting us in on the reason(s) that you don't like washing your hair everyday would be helpful in giving us the info we need to make useful suggestions for you. :)
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Oooooh I love when I have the sweaty hair after a good run or workout...makes for a good selfie hahaha
  • Khloris
    Khloris Posts: 117 Member
    I don't like washing mine every day either, because it is really long and washing it every day is no good for my ends. I usually do pony tails after my workout to hide the gross hair, but I hate that because it causes breakage. I have tried dry shampoo but it leaves my hair powdery and the ones I have tried don't seem to work very well overall. So basically, I am of no help to you. but I am interested in the topic. lol
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    How about a dilute shampoo/conditioner mix to rinse your hair?

• jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    I use baby powder or the dry shampoo stuff. Just apply, let sit for 5-10 minutes and then brush. :)
    I used to have really oily hair when I washed every day. :/ Limiting it has helped a lot.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Bumble & Bumble dry shampoo is my fav of the ones I've tried. Rub it in to your scalp, let it sit for a few minutes and brush it out. Pureology also makes a nice dry conditioning spray. Oribe Dry Texturizing spray is freakin' FANTASTIC for fluffing up and refreshing after a workout. I have fine, straight hair. Limp as wet spaghetti. UGH!

In general though, the dry shampoo can leave a build up so I try to only use once before shampooing. Last product recommendation: Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt. It's a scrub that turns into this amazing lather on your scalp. I use it once a week.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I workout out every day, but wash my hair every other day. On days I don't shampoo, I just use conditioner in the shower and put it in a ponytail.
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    I just use water, no shampoo. I wash my hair 3/4 time a week with shampoo.
  • hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    Thankyou everyone for your replies - I'll try out your recommendations! I don't like washing it everyday because it takes away the natural oils in your hair which makes it greasier more easily and as I dye my hair the dye doesn't last as long keep washing it.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just another vote for dry shampoo! I only wash my hair every three days...and it's soooo much healthier....if hair can be healthy, since technically it's already dead! Anyway...I spray the shampoo on my scalp, separating the hair, rub it through, then use a dryer and a round brush. Looks better on the second and third day.
  • MacaronStyle
    MacaronStyle Posts: 35 Member
    Another vote for dry shampoo. They're not created equally so don't give up if the first doesn't work for you. Oribe texturizing spray is great for styling or second day hair but when it comes to oil absorption (third day hair for me) I like Living Proof dry shampoo. The ones that come as powders (not sprays) are probably more absorbent but also require more diligent brushing out so it depends on how oily you get.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I vote for either dry shampoo or a quick rinse with conditioner only.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited January 2017
    maybe an apple cider vinegar rinse in the shower on days you dont wash? that could get rid of the sweat and what not. I have heard that this helps but havent tried it in years and years,although it did make my hair shiny when I did it.. I usually just rinse it really good, use conditioner to "wash" it or just add a little shampoo to my roots and scrub them then rinse
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Washing my face makes the need to wash my hair less pressing.
  • I do that as well. It may feel dirty but it really isn't THAT dirty. Over washing our hair is something us females do too much. Like every one else said, dry shampoo works like a charm
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    I wash my hair only 3xs a week. I use herbal essences naked dry shampoo. It doesn't leave any residue and a little spritz is all you need. It smells fresh too.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    edited January 2017
    I feel you. Doing your hair is so time consuming and it's hard to it fit in on top of fitting in a work out. Unfortunately you only have three choices. Pick yours. 1. Wash. 2.Dry shampoo and pony tail 3. Skip your work out. Being pretty ain't easy :(