5' - 5'3" females- want to lose 25-30 lbs

Options

Replies

• baconwine
    baconwine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am turning 40 at the end of the month, 5'0" and 137lbs. Looking to lose 20lbs and get fit!
    2016 was a bad year for me for so many reasons......but mainly bc I fell off the workout wagon.
    Trying to get back on track and need support!
    Please feel free to add me.
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    DCRunnerGirl78, I'm with you all the way! Have you signed up for another 5k? I can't run, but I'm on an exercise streak about as long. Let's see who hits under 140 first, since we're the same weight right now. I usually quit when I get under 140, getting lazy with my meals. This time is different. I want to get as healthy as I can this year, not just good enough. I've lost the same 20 pounds so many times I've lost count. I want this to be the LAST time! Good luck and stay as consistent as you can.
  • Justjayde1984
    Justjayde1984 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. Wanna lose a lot more than that but wanna join as that's at least a starting goal for me.
  • cathykelly2011
    cathykelly2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join this too! I am 45 and need to lose 30 pounds...trying to start off 2017 making healthy decisions, mostly to eat healthfully and with the least about of processed foods as possible, and to find creative ways to work out with little time! Please add me too :)
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 37 years old.
    Starting weight: 147
    Goal weight:120
    Current weight: 124.5
    I've been a bit stalled out due to the holidays, but hey, I'm not heavier than I was before Christmas, so that feels like a victory.

That's winning! Great achievement Emilysusana! I got to my original goal (135) but have now moved it back to 115 (why not?) I think getting to the mid 120's is going to feel great. You're inspiring me! (I'm 130.0 today)
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Juliemargaretkim, you're almost in the 120's- yeah! Go for it, and see what weight you can maintain. I saw 127 a couple of years ago, and I felt light as a feather. I maintained at 133 for the longest time, then got sloppy and gained about 20- ouch. (I'm a skinch below 5'4") This time around I'm more focused on how I feel, not what the scale says. Your body may not want to be 115, but maybe it will love it!
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Oh yeah, my weight. I lost a pound, then gained a 1/2 pound back this week, but I'm also sick with a head cold. I'm pretty sluggish and want to eat badly. My hubby's on a staycation right now, and eating cheetos and candy in front of me daily. I might be able to do a heart-pounding workout today, but a walk would be nice.
  • janetwilliams81
    janetwilliams81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.

5' ( with shoes on ;) )
    Cw: 137
    Gw: 108
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sunday Weigh In -- Finishing Week #5 (35 days)
    SW: 155.6 - 12/4/2016
    PW: 149
    CW: 146.2
    GW: 122

2.8 lbs loss for the week is surprising but I'll take it and hope it all holds! About .4 of that is likely from last week and it just didn't show at the time I weighed last Sunday. I was so scared I wouldn't pull things together and this would be yet another false start, I set my goal really low. But I did make 4 other changes this week.

Exercise. I've been in several step challenges with people at work and logged 120,000 steps. The data aren't very reliable, which really bugs. me. Best news is I started using a treadmill in the evening to add to my steps and know I have good data there. Did eleven miles yesterday. 9.3 hours total treadmill time for the week. Walking pace, no incline. Didn't go crazy spending so much time on the treadmill because I've been reading while walking. Read, The Girl on the Train and am 1/3 into a second novel. A win/win!
    Water. Never been able to get into drinking lots of water but seems I've turned a corner. Used a workable plan for taking in 64oz of water and came close to achieving the goals without feel it was a hassle.
    Food. Still logging my food but because I had some nuts in my office that were a Christmas gift for a co-worker, I started eating them. The increase in my fat intake may have been a positive contributor though I didn't think so at the time. Swapped out the bit of butter I use for cooking breakfast to olive oil. Ate a much wider variety of food without fear I'd get off track. Two days I had a sweet I feel addicted to. Logged the calories but lost the nutrition. My greatest accomplishment of the week was avoiding the addictive food on the third day.
    Competition and connections. I'm driven my competition and do so much better when I'm connecting with others. The challenges with others at work have been good. Only reason I did eleven miles yesterday. Knowing many of you are in this for the long haul helps and seeing that quitting isn't something on many people's mind makes me feel connected with the right group.

Lots of inspiring things happening with this group in the first week of the new year!
  • stephsto
    stephsto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I would love to join for some motivation! I'm 5'3" and currently 142. My weight was pretty consistent at 135 ish for 15 years with a minimum adult weight of 132. The number on the scale isn't as important to me as how my body looks and feels, but I would like to lose at least 7 lbs.

After my third pregnancy I got back down to 136 but in the last 1.5 years have started to struggle. I think mostly due to lack of exercise and poorer eating habits.

I turned 40 in November and decided I really needed to get back on the wagon.

I used MFP successfully in the past, but this go around I have been starving all the time. Any tips to help satiate the hunger?
  • DCRunnerGirl78
    DCRunnerGirl78 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    DCRunnerGirl78, I'm with you all the way! Have you signed up for another 5k? I can't run, but I'm on an exercise streak about as long. Let's see who hits under 140 first, since we're the same weight right now. I usually quit when I get under 140, getting lazy with my meals. This time is different. I want to get as healthy as I can this year, not just good enough. I've lost the same 20 pounds so many times I've lost count. I want this to be the LAST time! Good luck and stay as consistent as you can.

I haven't signed up for any yet, but I'll be doing one for sure on May 7th (I do it every year, it's the reason I started running). Hopefully one before that, but finances will play into it. I do the same thing, get to 139.9, celebrate, then I'm back to square one. Fingers crossed this time!
  • DCRunnerGirl78
    DCRunnerGirl78 Posts: 508 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Rebecca512787
    DCRunnerGirl78
    Do you have a day of the week you post your weigh-in? I selected Sunday because I wanted to make sure I stayed on track on Saturdays. Nothing was a better reminder for me than knowing my official weigh-in was the next day. The last two times I've lost this weight I've allowed myself a food treat each Friday night. It wasn't a food-free-for-all but a nice dessert, for instance. I completely understand wanting to be at a weight you can maintain. When I was at 118, I had a huge disappointment and let that side rail me. I wasn't able to do the reward I had planned for months before. That helped me to understand how reward driven I am! We learn what makes us tick, move on and hopefully learn from it.

I normally weigh myself on Friday morning. That gives me some leeway for the weekend. I think, as I get into better habits, I'll probably be able to reign in those days as well. Everything has been tough since we took custody of my nephew last spring. As long as we can get him through to graduation this June, then off to boot camp at the start of August without me going completely crazy, I think I'll be OK for the long haul. I lost 2 pounds this week, really surprised though.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    stephsto wrote: »
    Hi!
    I would love to join for some motivation! I'm 5'3" and currently 142. My weight was pretty consistent at 135 ish for 15 years with a minimum adult weight of 132. The number on the scale isn't as important to me as how my body looks and feels, but I would like to lose at least 7 lbs.

After my third pregnancy I got back down to 136 but in the last 1.5 years have started to struggle. I think mostly due to lack of exercise and poorer eating habits.

I turned 40 in November and decided I really needed to get back on the wagon.

I used MFP successfully in the past, but this go around I have been starving all the time. Any tips to help satiate the hunger?

I've been told to eat more protein to keep hunger away and that seems to help. Maybe, use half pound loss a week vs pound, so you can eat a little more. If I get ravenous, I have a protein shake.
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been a bit stalled out due to the holidays, but hey, I'm not heavier than I was before Christmas, so that feels like a victory.

Glad you found us. Maintaining over the holidays is success! Hope you'll keep posting after you've hit your GW.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options

That's winning! Great achievement Emilysusana! I got to my original goal (135) but have now moved it back to 115 (why not?) I think getting to the mid 120's is going to feel great. You're inspiring me! (I'm 130.0 today)

130... you're doing great! I feel good in the mid-120s and that may well be where I end up maintaining, but I want to see what 120 is like before I quit the deficit.
  • R4SNik
    R4SNik Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a perfect week...one night where I ate my frustration to the point that I stopped logging, but overall I did well. Exercised everyday, I'm on day 11 of a run streak. I started the year with a new race medal for a New Year's Day 5k. My weight on Monday was 146.4. I was 144.0 this morning! I know that rate won't keep up, but just to have it going down again is encouraging. My goal right now is 135. 130 sounds good, but I'm trying to be realistic at what I can maintain. I'll reevaluate WHEN (not if) I hit 135.

Don't get so hung up on the running streak that you run injured. Otherwise fantastic progress my friend!
  • R4SNik
    R4SNik Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I usually post weights on Sunday. I weighed Saturday just to see because I was going to meet friends that evening. The number last week was 132.0. On Saturday it was 134.8.

To be honest I felt really defeated. I knew I put the work in this week. HOW IN THE HELL CAN I GAIN ALMOST 3LB. Deep breath. It's my TOM, I had Chinese (high sodium) the night before and I recently changed my workout program. All of these things can lead to water weight gain. Seriously, 3 F***ing pounds? I feel like I'm making excuses.

Just for the hell of it I weighed again today 133.4, Yup 1.4 pounds less than yesterday. Still up, but I'm beginning to accept that things out of your control can make things look worse than they are. I'll let things level out and see where I am next week.

Hope y'all have a kick *kitten* week. Meet ya back here next week with an update.

Nikki