No bread plus calorie counting

Options
1235»

Replies

• joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was calorie deficient and eating bread and now I am also calorie deficient and don't eat bread. I exercised before and never ate calories burned back, same now, still don't eat them back. I weighed and tracked everything before and I weigh and track everything now. The difference, the only difference is that I am not eating bread and the calories are being used for other filling and healthy foods. For me, being calorie deficient t was ok, being calorie deficient and not eating bread is resulting in consistent weight loss! I was stalled before and a change has put me back on track
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    joolieb1 wrote: »
    I was calorie deficient and eating bread and now I am also calorie deficient and don't eat bread. I exercised before and never ate calories burned back, same now, still don't eat them back. I weighed and tracked everything before and I weigh and track everything now. The difference, the only difference is that I am not eating bread and the calories are being used for other filling and healthy foods. For me, being calorie deficient t was ok, being calorie deficient and not eating bread is resulting in consistent weight loss! I was stalled before and a change has put me back on track

You might have slightly greater thermic effect from the foods you're eating now or your logging might be more spot on. Or your exercise might be burning more.

What you're not doing is something that's defying the laws of energy balance because you gave up bread.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

You might have slightly greater thermic effect from the foods you're eating now or your logging might be more spot on. Or your exercise might be burning more.

What you're not doing is something that's defying the laws of energy balance because you gave up bread.

This.
    Also, perhaps your carbs are slightly lower resulting in water weight losses. This will happen for up to 2 weeks.
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a little surly that you have to rain on my parade? I have worked hard - first of all counting calories and eating bread, now the same and given up bread. I feel healthier and happier, less bloated and I have gone from feeling stuck to losing weight again. But rather than be happy that I am using the calorie deficient rule, I am also finding my own individual body's way of losing weight. Because it doesn't fit you now need to say it is water loss etc. I won't be discouraged by your comments, I know what is working for me and will keep doing it. Sad though that the forum is so negative to people who are doing well and trying hard
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a little surly that you have to rain on my parade? I have worked hard - first of all counting calories and eating bread, now the same and given up bread. I feel healthier and happier, less bloated and I have gone from feeling stuck to losing weight again. But rather than be happy that I am using the calorie deficient rule, I am also finding my own individual body's way of losing weight. Because it doesn't fit you now need to say it is water loss etc. I won't be discouraged by your comments, I know what is working for me and will keep doing it. Sad though that the forum is so negative to people who are doing well and trying hard

No one is trying to rain on your parade, Joolie.

Try to think of it this way.

One of the most helpful things to help you on your path to success is to truly understand the process of weight loss and how it all actually works in order to make weight management a sustainable, lifetime practice for yourself.

People are trying to gently show you where your reasoning is faulty so that you can carry forward armed with knowledge.

In the future, if you find yourself wanting to eat bread again because you feel you might have gained the means to control the consumption of it, you'll know that it won't make a difference if you're simply keeping an eye on your caloric intake and any scale fluctuation you see will be due to water weight.
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bread is not my problem ...it's all that deliciousness that goes on top that I love :-) Nice thick butter, lemon curd, peanut butter, honey - bread is just the transporter of the topping. Haven't cut it out but as I know it's a weakness I've cut right back and make sure I log each crumb.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Not sure how losing weight would make your stomach issues magically dissappear

Depends on the tummy issues. I'm looking forward to an improvement in acid reflux from losing weight - being obese definitely makes that worse (as does pregnancy, though I was cured of that some time ago).
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

Depends on the tummy issues. I'm looking forward to an improvement in acid reflux from losing weight - being obese definitely makes that worse (as does pregnancy, though I was cured of that some time ago).

True enough. Pressure on the stomach can defiantly contribute to acid reflux, be it excess pressure from a fetus (btdt... 4 times), or from excess visceral fat, and reducing it would help. I didn't get the sense that joolie had been at the no bread thing long enough, or lost enough weight, for it to be simply because of weight loss. And she didn't mention what her stomach issues were exactly. But, yes, you are correct, if an obese person loses enough weight, they may alleviate some of their acid reflux, assuming they have any.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Having looked through the transition, the originator is reasonably accurate about logging intake, both before and after the gap she talked about. Nothing wrong with a gap, I hadn't logged for several months while maintaining, I've started again as I've got an ankle injury and can't train.

Before and after the logging gap diet has changed quite a lot, so there are a number of reasons stomach discomfort might have disappeared.